Television The Last Dance – 10 part Michael Jordan doc debuts this month

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

Am so happy this is being released early! It was due out last summer, then was delayed until this summer. But given the complete absence of any sport at the moment, ESPN have brought forward the release date to under 2 weeks time!

The 10 part series covers the Chicago Bulls 1997-98 season – the final season the MJ played for the Bulls before retiring for the second time. The series features both interviews and never-released footage from that season, and also explores Jordan's and the Bulls' rise to dominance.

It is being shown on ESPN in the US from 19 April, and worldwide on Netflix from the 20 April (with two episodes being released each week).

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/03/31/last-dance-chicago-bulls-release-date-moved

Zen

What a tease 2 episodes at a time is. El GOAT. Not sure they'll be a great deal to learn at this point.... but that season was filmed in IMAX heavily, so it should look mint as feck.

Obviously it's always good to get that fly on the wall insight, if they genuinely show it. But Krause is dead, and he's the one they generally all hated so....

OleBoiii

I'm not a basketball fan, but Jordan is larger than life. This looks like a must watch.

Zen

Maybe some young kids will realise why MJ is the GOAT and not LeBron when they watch this.
Nah, people witness both Messi and Ronaldo at the same time and still don't see the correct light.... so this won't change anything in a debate where peaks were 20 years apart.

1998 should be more highly regarded after it though, despite winning all 3 MVP's, Jordan doesn't get ENOUGH love for it. Sheer willpower at times. You'll get a ton of Rodman drama, plenty of Pippen being a moaner, and Phil-Krause hating each other..... yet 60 wins? tick, title while Pippen had a crippled back? tick. Those Pacers and Jazz teams were great too, no titles, so people definitely forget the Pacers.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
On Netflix as from Monday morning. Can't wait to watch this. Is it 2 episodes per week?

arthurka

Waiting for this.. LeBron certainly isn't MJ that's for sure. These times were probably the best era of the NBA.

Zen

Pretty GOAT.

Not exceptionally much from the first episodes that's 'new' except the footage itself. Mind you that's more or less what I expected from the whole series - I mean it's been 20 years, theres not gonna be much that isn't already out there to be read.

Last edited:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Will be watching the first two episodes this eve! Cannot wait!

I own pretty much every book there is on Jordan - even wrote my dissertation at Uni on him - so this series has been something I have looked forward to from the moment they first announced it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Available on Netflix now. Will be watching it ASAP at noon today.

wythyred

This is Awesome! Michael Jordan was a winning machine.. surely one of the greatest mindsets ever in professional sports.