The likelihood of the Newcastle game being moved ?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m not sure?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can you repeat the question?

Castia

I'd be amazed if it isn't. Not sure how the rules work but if BT or Sky offer to use one of their picks from later in the season surely it will happen and be moved to either 12:30 or 17:00 on the Saturday

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No chance.
The tv slots are taken, and they can't disrupt everyone just for one signing :)

Lord Zlatan

No chance.
The tv slots are taken, and they can't disrupt everyone just for one signing :)
I hope youre right. Ive booked to fly over for it and it cost an absolute bomb. It must be post covid hotels making up for lost time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope youre right. Ive booked to fly over for it and it cost an absolute bomb. It must be post covid hotels making up for lost time.
It's only 2 weeks away, it'd cause outrage moving that.

The only time I've ever seen them move a declared game was 2 or 3 seasons ago, but it was quite odd circumstances. I'm trying to remember what it was.

But they'd already moved United to a 12.30 kick off or something, and then moved it to a 4.30 the next day.
Not to do with United or cup draws, but because another club had some issue.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
A lot to do to move games, police, stewarding etc.

Can't see it being moved myself, but damn I hope it is.

twitter thread suggester
Is there any precedence for moving it this late?

I am at a family gathering that day, would love for it to be moved.

Chairman Steve

It would be interesting to see if it happened. Has it ever happened for the reason that one player could play in that game? I can see it being lucrative in terms of viewing figures for Sky and BT.

Decade long lurker

It's only 2 weeks away, it'd cause outrage moving that.

The only time I've ever seen them move a declared game was 2 or 3 seasons ago, but it was quite odd circumstances. I'm trying to remember what it was.

But they'd already moved United to a 12.30 kick off or something, and then moved it to a 4.30 the next day.
Not to do with United or cup draws, but because another club had some issue.
Everton game wasn’t it. Got stung for it.

K Stand Knut

It won’t be moved.

Firstly, I think there is a rule in the UK in relation to football games and how close to the game it can be moved. I’m pretty sure it’s quite a big timeframe and certainly not within 2 weeks.

Secondly, I’ve spoken to someone who works in some sort of planning role for Manchester and he has confirmed that both the Newcastle and Villa game are going ahead as currently scheduled, despite their also being England vs. India and The Courteeners respectively at Old Trafford cricket ground

Lord Zlatan

It won’t be moved.

Firstly, I think there is a rule in the UK in relation to football games and how close to the game it can be moved. I’m pretty sure it’s quite a big timeframe and certainly not within 2 weeks.

Secondly, I’ve spoken to someone who works in some sort of planning role for Manchester and he has confirmed that both the Newcastle and Villa game are going ahead as currently scheduled, despite their also being England vs. India and The Courteeners respectively at Old Trafford cricket ground
I booked another hotel room for the sunday night on the back of the chat on here so thanks for that

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It won’t be moved.

What sort of crowd can the cricket place hold? Seems a bit mad to have another surge of crowds to the area.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
let’s just crowd around the bus at the hotel again.

K Stand Knut

What sort of crowd can the cricket place hold? Seems a bit mad to have another surge of crowds to the area.
Depends. Only about 14k for domestic cricket. 20k+ for international cricket and 50k+ for concerts.

Not sure that the cricket will be an issue because it will start at 11. I already know a few people going to the cricket then coming to United and back to the cricket.

I am going to United vs. Villa and then on to the Courteeners. That’s the one that is a bit bonkers to hold on the same day.

I expect carnage after the final whistle

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Depends. Only about 14k for domestic cricket. 20k+ for international cricket and 50k+ for concerts.

Not sure that the cricket will be an issue because it will start at 11. I already know a few people going to the cricket then coming to United and back to the cricket.

I am going to United vs. Villa and then on to the Courteeners. That’s the one that is a bit bonkers to hold on the same day.

I expect carnage after the final whistle
You do wonder what they're thinking about!

I'm extra gutted that United have these 2 Saturday 3pm games, as I needed Sunday to get there myself.

Robertd0803

Dont think they will be able to at this stage based on policing/stewarding etc and a transfer of a new player wont be enough for the game to be moved.

Although every other country other than the UK can watch it live.

Foxbatt

Dont think they will be able to at this stage based on policing/stewarding etc and a transfer of a new player wont be enough for the game to be moved.

Although every other country other than the UK can watch it live.
Is that right? Is it being shown live in other countries?

Robertd0803

Is that right? Is it being shown live in other countries?
Sky Sports/Premier Sports routinely broadcast the 3pm kick offs here in Ireland so willing to bet that fixture will be the one shown that weekend.

The US get all games live dont they?

Also fairly sure most channels in the Middle East get them as well.

diarm

On a scale of 1-10, how likely do people think it is he'll play against Newcastle?

I've my finger hovering over the button to spend silly money on hospitality tickets here.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s live on Premier Sports in Ireland and probably on NBC or CBS whoever does the PL coverage in the states. I imagine it would be very tricky to move, would trigger some contractual payments to broadcasters but nothing is impossible, as we have witnessed today.