The Love Ronaldo Thread

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hey Dudes,

I've seen a lot of anti Ronaldo crap on this board so I figured it is time to start a support thread.

Here are the facts: Rooney stamped on Carvalho's nuts, then he shoved Ronaldo, then he got a red card. He blew his top like always and for some reason, the English press and supporters are not going to villify him as they did to David Beckham in 1998. Are you all afraid of him? It was his fault and his fault alone. If he wasn't going to be sent off for the stomp, then pushing Ronaldo so furiously was surely the final straw. Ronaldo beat England with the final PK and that's all. Rooney got himself needlesly sent off. International football is as corrupt as Serie A anyway.

Ronaldo is a quality player. He may not cross the ball as often or as well Becks but he offers a hell of a lot more than Beckham ever could. At least Ronaldo can use both feet and shoot and will improve as he gaions ever more experience. Anyone who feels that United should get shot of him simply isn't a United fan.

I think Ronaldo is a fantasic player and a joy to watch. Yes, when he plays for Portugal he dives; theatrically, too, but so do Figo, Deco and everyone else who plays for them. When he plays for United, he only goes down when contact is made. Watch the games, he is always FOULED.

Love Ronaldo. Love United.

Thanks for your support.

**For the record, the love I speak of is platonic. Save your teenage wisecracks for the schoolyard.**

Henry Chinaski

I´m disgusted by the way Portugal and Italy players have been playacting all tournament but this hate Ronaldo campaign is ridiculous I agree in what was stated in the starting thread. Rooney is the only one to blame, unfortunately there was another Man Utd player close to the incident and the tabloids, as always, saw there opportunity to slaugher him. I pray that this won´t force him away from Man Utd ´cause without him we have f*** all to compete with Chelski.

northroad1878

A bit of a brute
Nobody had ever thought of it that way, Dwayne.

Hmmm, a call for blind loyalty from Red Cafe posters. It's crazy but it might just work.

;-)

Toffa

I agree..

At first I never wanted to see him in the red of United again.
But once I'd calmed down and taken stock of what actually
happened (I missed it in real time, due to beer induced toilet stop)
its not his fault. I'm a bit pissed off that he did not try and go to
rooney in the first instance, but football is heated passionate game.
Would rooney or any england player do the same? would I do the same?
Probably yes.

He is going to be, if not already a major worldwide football star and
at the moment he plays for us. We should be glad of that.

But with the drama that the press has created, I dont think he could
live here anymore. When it happen to becks it was bad enough and
he was english. Remember Alpy!!! he had to leave.

Big Andy

Bloke
as i've said before, on this forum and others...he's playing against his team-mates in a world cup, they're NOT team-mates when the game is on...

how many of you have played football against your mates, and wanted so badly to win, wanted (and have) booted them right into next week, got them sent off, pushed them, punched them, had heated debates with them...

I know I have...

Look at Super Johnny Hartson and Eyal Berkovic, SJH booted Berkovic in the face, but they played together after that incident...nothing was made of it, mainly because it wasn't United involved...

I've still yet to hear any sort of proof (other than Marca (The Spanish version of The Sun) that ronaldo has said he wants to leave, on the contrary, the only quote that is clearly from the lad himself is that he wants to come back to Manchester...

Its the media, and to be honest, they're as ABU as you can get, who are perpetuating this myth...how the Sun can get awya with printing a dartboard with his face on it, and inciting hatred, is beyond me, nobody deserves that, be they me, you or a professional footballer...

in summary, if he's still here next season, then I'll support him..plus, he knocked England out, so he's alright by me...

Drifter

American
As long as he is a United player i will support him.He needs our support more than ever for this coming season.

Henry Chinaski

He´s normally a target when we play away anyway, will it be much different? it might be tougher for him to get any of the ref´s decision... His reputation hasn´t improved much during the wc has it?

SpaceMatlock

he played up front on his own for a while against France, if our transfer policy of doing nothing continues coupled with selling Ruud we could have a potential strike force of Ronaldo and Rooney next season.:lol:

Rooney is to blame for what happened although Ronaldo's reaction was very dissapointing, i guess he can't help it after all he is Portugese.

If he stays at United next season, as i suspect he will do then we have to support him regardless of our opinions of him, we'd be only doing damage otherwise.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Big Andy said:
as i've said before, on this forum and others...he's playing against his team-mates in a world cup, they're NOT team-mates when the game is on...

how many of you have played football against your mates, and wanted so badly to win, wanted (and have) booted them right into next week, got them sent off, pushed them, punched them, had heated debates with them...

I know I have...

Look at Super Johnny Hartson and Eyal Berkovic, SJH booted Berkovic in the face, but they played together after that incident...nothing was made of it, mainly because it wasn't United involved...

I've still yet to hear any sort of proof (other than Marca (The Spanish version of The Sun) that ronaldo has said he wants to leave, on the contrary, the only quote that is clearly from the lad himself is that he wants to come back to Manchester...

Its the media, and to be honest, they're as ABU as you can get, who are perpetuating this myth...how the Sun can get awya with printing a dartboard with his face on it, and inciting hatred, is beyond me, nobody deserves that, be they me, you or a professional footballer...

in summary, if he's still here next season, then I'll support him..plus, he knocked England out, so he's alright by me...
Spot on.

Parks Life

The more the rest of the World hates him, the more I love him.

He's been excellent the last two games, outperformed anyone from the England and France midfield as well.

I loved the way he wanted the ball more than ever despite the boo's last night.

& I used to have a bit of a hate thing with Ronaldo.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
IF Ronaldo has been talking to Madrid, he can go. In fact, I'll drive him there myself.

However if he hasn't, then its business as usual. What happens at the World Cup, stays at the World Cup.

ntripunovski

I'm glad that Ronaldo is playing in Man Utd and he will always have my support as long as he stays in United

Ferguson

Ronaldo looked good in the World Cup. Glad he is ours. As for Rooney's stamp, it was not intentional. He was tangled between two players battling for a ball. I don't believe for a moment that he had the consciousness of where Carvalho's privates were, or the presence of mind to target them. He was going for the ball. Give a yellow, but a red? No way. Beckham's kick was intentional, and he deserved to be sent off. Rooney's red was a lack of restraint on the part of the ref.

Dr. Dwayne

Ferguson said:
Ronaldo looked good in the World Cup. Glad he is ours. As for Rooney's stamp, it was not intentional. He was tangled between two players battling for a ball. I don't believe for a moment that he had the consciousness of where Carvalho's privates were, or the presence of mind to target them. He was going for the ball. Give a yellow, but a red? No way. Beckham's kick was intentional, and he deserved to be sent off. Rooney's red was a lack of restraint on the part of the ref.
I'm of the opinion that Rooney's red was resultant of his push on Ronaldo, the ref had to give him a yellow for that. When combined with the guaranteed yellow for the stomp it appears he opted for the straight red card. Probably meant less paperwork for him.

That said, I thought that Roo pushed Ronnie like he did because they're club mates, kinda of a friendly "feck off, mate." It certainly was not the correct approach, mind you. Perhaps the ref did not know they are club mates...:smirk:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ronaldo is quickly becoming one of the best players in the World and I just can't believe so many so called United fans are taking the sides of the Scousers & Cuntis to blame him for England's exit.

Love live Ronaldo, our best no. 7 since Le Roi.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't wait to get him back. I supported England during the Portugal game and it was nervewracking everytime he got on the ball - you just felt like something exciting might happen for Portugal. Not a good feeling to be on the other side of the fence. Can't wait to get him back in Red.

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
feck off Cronaldo.

You slimey, no good, S.O.B.

I tell ya, the sooner he gets his way and fecks off to Madrid, the better for all involved, even to us, we won't have to put up with his wastefulness and embarrassing dives

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I love you, Ronaldo. And my love will never die. Well, unless you do something crazy like, say, join Real, after which I will henceforth describe you as a nasty, cheating, self-serving cuntwat of a Judas.

Dr. Dwayne

TheRedFlag said:
feck off Cronaldo.

You slimey, no good, S.O.B.

I tell ya, the sooner he gets his way and fecks off to Madrid, the better for all involved, even to us, we won't have to put up with his wastefulness and embarrassing dives
Um...this is The LOVE Ronaldo Thread. Please don't post your disparaging claptrap here. Thanks.

jimreid

I love you Ronaldo I always will
cause when I'm alone with time to kill
I fantasize about you in womens clothes
I love you Ronaldo I think it shows

steerterry50

Dr. Dwayne said:
Hey Dudes,

I've seen a lot of anti Ronaldo crap on this board so I figured it is time to start a support thread.

Here are the facts: Rooney stamped on Carvalho's nuts, then he shoved Ronaldo, then he got a red card. He blew his top like always and for some reason, the English press and supporters are not going to villify him as they did to David Beckham in 1998. Are you all afraid of him? It was his fault and his fault alone. If he wasn't going to be sent off for the stomp, then pushing Ronaldo so furiously was surely the final straw. Ronaldo beat England with the final PK and that's all. Rooney got himself needlesly sent off. International football is as corrupt as Serie A anyway.

Ronaldo is a quality player. He may not cross the ball as often or as well Becks but he offers a hell of a lot more than Beckham ever could. At least Ronaldo can use both feet and shoot and will improve as he gaions ever more experience. Anyone who feels that United should get shot of him simply isn't a United fan.

I think Ronaldo is a fantasic player and a joy to watch. Yes, when he plays for Portugal he dives; theatrically, too, but so do Figo, Deco and everyone else who plays for them. When he plays for United, he only goes down when contact is made. Watch the games, he is always FOULED.

Love Ronaldo. Love United.

Thanks for your support.

**For the record, the love I speak of is platonic. Save your teenage wisecracks for the schoolyard.**

I think you need to see a optician doc, rooney did not stamp on carvalho, ronnie does dive and is no where near as effective a team player as becks was and still is.

Roy Smithers

steerterry50 said:
I think you need to see a optician doc, rooney did not stamp on carvalho, ronnie does dive and is no where near as effective a team player as becks was and still is.
Rooney did stamp on him. Ronaldo is one of the best young players in the world and people need to get off his back....only I am allowed there!

Tareq

Livvie's Favourite Jordanian.
Ronaldo of 2006 is not the finished article, id like to see him playing as a United player when he is 25 or 26 but first 2 issues should be addressed:
1- The Ron - Roon issue should be resolved as soon both report for pre season training, Fergie should play a key role here.
2- Ronaldo's constant diving is damaging to him & most importantly to Manchester United, Quiroz should work with Ronaldo on this issue.

Dr. Dwayne

steerterry50 said:
So you're saying that a professional footballer who has been playing the game his entire life, had absolutely zero idea where Carvahlo was and simply set his heel down ever so gently while trying to balance himself?

Credit to Rooney, he could have gone down under the challenge but to imply that he did not know what he was doing and exactly where Carvahlo was? Please. Watch the replay, he stamped on 'em, not like an elephant would, but the intent was there.

Becks is effective? That's why England performed so well in the World Cup, then?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I'm not mad at him anymore for his reaction - he did what any player could have done when there's so much at stake, plus I think he's still quite immature anyway. It's the possibility that he wants away from OT that is the main issue for me.