The manager has lost the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
They won’t want to pay his contract out but there is a point where the credibility of the board will suffer. If we get a proper hammering v Liv say 4-0, that will be extraordinary-board-meeting territory.

Mancini is a decent shout, by the way.
Well it is 5-0.
Lets hope we do have an extraordinary board meeting and he is fired. Based on what he has said he is obviously looking for a payout.

I will take Conte or Zidane now.

Will Singh

Em yes he’s lost them but he did get them back midweek but then he lost them again. Next week he might lose them further but then might get a few back and they might convince a few more to come back but then it will go tits up and Ole will lose them again….

padzilla

Hipster
It is shameful he hasn't resigned yet and the board's silence makes them complicit with this continuing shit show.

OrcaFat

Well it is 5-0.
Lets hope we do have an extraordinary board meeting and he is fired. Based on what he has said he is obviously looking for a payout.

I will take Conte or Zidane now.
Yeah I will be amazed if the board don’t convene and at least discuss the sack-trigger criteria. Don’t think he will be fired yet but I think it’s on a knife edge and if we had lost to Atalanta as well that might have made the difference. It’s days or weeks rather than months, in my opinion.

I would take Conte or Zidane but I don’t think either will work out. Can’t be worse than Ole though. 5-0 defeats are a step too far for me.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Sad times these days.
I recall a story by Jim White about SAF. It was in his book on the fabulous 93/94 season the title of which eludes me at the moment.
It was about the FA Cup Semi final against Oldham.I think Eric was suspended for the game.
Anyhow we were well below par on the day all perspiration but no inspiration struggling to beat Oldham of all teams.Late on , out of nowhere Oldham get a spawny goal and it looked like our goose was cooked and our bid for the double was over.
White looked over at SAF who looked depressed, defeated , broken on the touchline.For about 5 seconds! He was quickly roaring out instructions, lambasting the ref, the linesman, the United players , everyone.Literally raging against the dying of the light.
White had actually felt sorry for SAF for an instant and thought “ Who would want to be a manager?
Of course the lads responded and Hughes smashed in his famous equalizer in the dying seconds .We thumped them 4-1 in the replay and did the double.
I just never got the sense from Ole that he’s got anything like the minerals for this job.
Tough post. Cheered me up a bit, though.

OrcaFat

Robertson isnt better than Shaw?
Trent isn't better that AWB?
Virgil isn't better than Maguire or Varane?
Fabinho isn't better than Scott?
Keita or Hendo isn't better Fred?
Mane isn't better than Greenwood?
Salah isn't better than Rashford or Sancho?

You could do the same with City and they will have 6/7 or players that would go straight into our team.
Totally agree with this. But even so, we are only a top class DM away from putting up a fight. And a manager who knows how to not get beat 5-0 would help.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Would've loved to be in the dressing room after the game. Wasn't there a thread on that? Can't find one

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Yeah I will be amazed if the board don’t convene and at least discuss the sack-trigger criteria. Don’t think he will be fired yet but I think it’s on a knife edge and if we had lost to Atalanta as well that might have made the difference. It’s days or weeks rather than months, in my opinion.

I would take Conte or Zidane but I don’t think either will work out. Can’t be worse than Ole though. 5-0 defeats are a step too far for me.
I agree Conte and Zidane would only be short term fixes.
This is where we are because we have a board who know nothing about football.

The club imo is gone mate.
Who can absorb the debt?
These vultures will leave it when there is nothing left.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Manchester United defender Eric Bailly appeared to aim a thinly-veiled dig at his former boss Jose Mourinho by praising Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for his man-management style.

Solskjaer is clearly a popular figure with his squad, and speaking to ESPN Bailly said he believed the Norwegian's successful playing career has helped him as a manager.

"I would say like an uncle, and having someone like that in the club gives the players more strength."

Theres all sorts of questions to be asked about the tactical approach, but the man management has always been top notch.

Ralph1386

Lots of similar leaks have been coming out lately. There’s been a report that some of the senior players are baffled as to why Matic is only used sparringly and VDB isn’t being used at all. Another report that Lingard apparently liked a post that says Ole Out.

SATA

So the senior players actually rate Matic and thinks he should be playing more while the Caf sees him as slow, useless and semi retired. Fans eh what do we know

Ralph1386

So the senior players actually rate Matic and thinks he should be playing more while the Caf sees him as slow, useless and semi retired. Fans eh what do we know
They don’t seem to like McFred.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not a contradiction at all. He is slow, semi-retired and useless in a quality midfield. It just so happens that he is still better at giving a team structure than McFred, and that is what is lacking the most.

lemmiwink

It’s pretty obvious to me he has lost the players when they won’t give even 70% for the club, but goes and play brilliantly for their respective national teams only to come back and look like they haven’t been training for the last 6 months.

this has been going on for a while and I suspect it only got exacerbated with Ronaldo and Varane joining. They are serial winners with much higher standards than is currently on display at United. We are a club run almost exclusively by people «learning on the job»
We are a joke of a club at the moment.

Cloud7

They don’t seem to like McFred.
If we can see the obvious deficiencies in McFred imagine how they must look to proper footballers.

In before someone mentions that Fred starts for Brazil in what is the most uninspiring and un-Brazilian team I've ever watched in my life.

padzilla

Hipster
Why would he resign? Get’s a multiple-million pay off if sacked. Think we’d all do the same in the circumstances
Yeah I get that, but most of us are not already millionaires several times over, shows that greed is king at OT.

justsomebloke

I think it's time for Ole to go, but speaking of the players, are anyone else a bit put off by this sudden stream of anonymous negative briefings? The fact a lot of it is about how certain players don't get used probably tells us a lot about where much of it is coming from, but does it reflect well on the squad that this happens? Say what you like about Ole, in all his time he's shielded the players from the disruption of public recrimination, which has gone down well with everyone following the Mourinho mess. If the players are unhappy, which would be understandable, should they not voice their concern internally and not go the worst of all possible routes - that of anonymous briefings? I think it raises questions about loyalty and professionalism. And also about some of the performances seen on the pitch.

sparx99

I think it's time for Ole to go, but speaking of the players, are anyone else a bit put off by this sudden stream of anonymous negative briefings? The fact a lot of it is about how certain players don't get used probably tells us a lot about where much of it is coming from, but does it reflect well on the squad that this happens? Say what you like about Ole, in all his time he's shielded the players from the disruption of public recrimination, which has gone down well with everyone following the Mourinho mess. If the players are unhappy, which would be understandable, should they not voice their concern internally and not go the worst of all possible routes - that of anonymous briefings? I think it raises questions about loyalty and professionalism. And also about some of the performances seen on the pitch.
It happens everywhere when things are falling apart. It’s not ideal but it’s a symptom of our failures not the cause.

YikesSchmeics

All the talk about Ole being a great man manager was overstated. He is great at man managing his favourites. It must be great to be Fred, Maguire, AWB, McTominay etc knowing that you can stink the place out week after week without any consequences. What he has failed to do is to keep his fringe players on side. That was SAF's great skill, and Ole should know, he spent his career chasing that carrot.

To promise players game time and then not deliver those opportunities is a ticking time bomb. You buy time but you have to deliver on those promises. If you let them down then you eventually lose them, because it is a serious violation of trust. Why should Donny, for example, believe a word that comes out of Ole's mouth anymore? And it creeps into the senior players too because people don't like to see their colleagues being treated unfairly. I'm not surprised by all these leaks. He has hoarded players that he has no intention of playing, that rot was always going to set in like asbestos.

reelworld

Maybe they have and got ignored.
Or their status as fringe players doesn't really give them confidence to voice their concerns earlier

Zoo

The media are scummy vultures. Never forget.

EireRed_GS

where the hell are these leaks coming from... I know Ole's time is up and a change is needed, but that fact these leaks/stories are coming out (most likely via players) shows we have problems deeper than Ole.

Roy Keane may have been in a way right way back then.. "Leopards dont change their spots.." .. On one hand some of them have a right to be frustrated and put their feeling across, but on the other hand it should be done & kept behind closed doors, and not havng your PR leaking shit out.. Keep it respectful within the club.. Can you imagine this under Fergie? Or any other top manager back in the day.. They would have rooted out the leaks asap. Leaking stories out shows an overall lack of respect for the club just to get your own way IMO. The way things are (and have been in the past) it makes me wonder would the same just happen under another manager down the line when the going gets tough.

The club certainly are not helping dragging this whole thing out.. If they are even considering a change any time soon, just do it asap. Whats the point of waiting?? Oles a club legend, its already toxic enough in the fanbase, just cut loose and move on. All the best to him

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Leaking stories out shows an overall lack of respect for the club just to get your own way IMO.
This. While the leaked news snippets are interesting and throw light on the goings on behind the scenes, fleshing out the current narrative it's a disgrace that the player, or players doing it are so unconcerned with the impact on the club. They wouldn't last 5 minutes if I was manager, I'd find them and terminate their contract. I'm 100% sure there must be confidentiality clauses in their contracts.

thedvil

where the hell are these leaks coming from... I know Ole's time is up and a change is needed, but that fact these leaks/stories are coming out (most likely via players) shows we have problems deeper than Ole.

Roy Keane may have been in a way right way back then.. "Leopards dont change their spots.." .. On one hand some of them have a right to be frustrated and put their feeling across, but on the other hand it should be done & kept behind closed doors, and not havng your PR leaking shit out.. Keep it respectful within the club.. Can you imagine this under Fergie? Or any other top manager back in the day.. They would have rooted out the leaks asap. Leaking stories out shows an overall lack of respect for the club just to get your own way IMO. The way things are (and have been in the past) it makes me wonder would the same just happen under another manager down the line when the going gets tough.

The club certainly are not helping dragging this whole thing out.. If they are even considering a change any time soon, just do it asap. Whats the point of waiting?? Oles a club legend, its already toxic enough in the fanbase, just cut loose and move on. All the best to him
Happened at Chelsea a few times, the reason is simple, the players know more than anyone if the management is just not good enough and they feel that keeping it indoors will not make any changes considering who runs things at the top.

Back in the day is back in the day and is not comparable to todays players such as wages, status, social media, power dynamic and media pressure.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This. While the leaked news snippets are interesting and throw light on the goings on behind the scenes, fleshing out the current narrative it's a disgrace that the player, or players doing it are so unconcerned with the impact on the club. They wouldn't last 5 minutes if I was manager, I'd find them and terminate their contract. I'm 100% sure there must be confidentiality clauses in their contracts.
You wouldn't do a thing because if you were a manager there is a fairly chance that you would also be a former player. Keep in mind that players don't actually have many options when the shit hit the fans, unlike most jobs they are stuck where they are and they are still judged based on someone else's decisions, they are often targetted by the press and fans. The only effective way to make their opinion known is through their agents and via leaks.

GledTheRed

I think it's a testament to the players that it's taken this long tbh. My absolute cut off point with Ole was the Sheffield United game last season...

But you know...even ignoring the fact he misuses half of them, last season he cost the players a chance of progressing in the CL with some absolutely awful management in the PSG home game. He cost them a chance of the FA Cup by picking strong teams all the way through then randomly picking a circus line up in the quarter final. He cost them a chance of a title race with some completely dumb management in games like the Sheffield United one. He cost them in the Europa League final by being too scared to change anything.

Maybe they wouldn't have been good enough anyway, but rather than being someone who helps them believe they are, he hampers things to the point that he doesn't give them the chance to find out.

They've stuck with him through all that and I think probably things like winning 5-1 this season only for him to dick around yet again and go back to what they would already have known wouldn't work, were probably the last straw.

I can't envisage a situation now where if I was a united player I'd still have any trust in him. Players are human beings and want to win like the rest of us at the end of the day. If we see and think it then if anything they have seen and thought it for even longer.
Good post.

TheRedDevil2019

I see Moley has reappeared leaking stories like he did during the Jose tenure.

Disgraceful sticking the knife in like this. Lacking any form of basic human decency for team-mates and management.

Matic/Lingard/Pogba can get fecked it's got to be one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.