The Manchester United player I most want out is...

Jonathan Keane

Mata or young, Mata is a good player but he is too slow and I keep associating him with the moyes era. Young at one time was a good squad pl player, but he was never good enough for united as a midfielder and he isn't good enough as a defender

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
This is too difficult. The converse would be easier.

The 1 player I most want us to keep is Pogba.

Eddy_JukeZ

Young.

I don't disike him. If he was a squad player, filling in at full back or out wide for when the clear 1st choice options are rested, I wouldn't mind. But he's the captain, so he has more responsibility than just being the most senior player. Yet that's all he has. He is the clear 1st choice, yet he is the most limited player in the squad. He's not particular good at anything anymore except working hard.

I don't understand how he starts over Darmian and Valencia. Both can actually play the position and defend and both have good technique. Neither of them just resort to punting it into touch under the slightest press. Neither are good enough either, but are better defenders than Young.
Darmian is honestly just as bad as Young in this regard.

Gopher Brown

Sanchez without a shadow of a doubt. Even forgetting his abysmal performances, his astronomical pay-check has skewed our wage structure causing far more damage to our club than first meets the eye.
We don’t have any semblance of a ‘wage structure’ and haven’t for many years now, waaaay before Sánchez was signed. Blaming him for that is silly.

We pay players randomly massive amounts, no matter what their contribution. We’re about to lose Herrera for asking for £200k per week, which is roughly the same as Luke Shaw (according to that Mirror article) who contributes less and has had weight issues on and off since he arrived.

Eddy_JukeZ

Alexis Sanchez.

The worst signing we've ever made.

Great move from the genius Jose.

Paul_Scholes18

Sanchez clearly. It would free up a lot of wages and having him around gives us almost nothing right now. Everyone else in our squad I see some value having around.

The likes of Rojo and Darmian maybe not so much, but they are not terrible as 5th options.

IrishMcD

Hard to chose between Young, Jones, Matic, Sanchez and Lingard.....I'd go with Lingard just because he annoys me more with his antics and him being 26 means I'd likely have to suffer watching him longer into the future than the rest on the list.

Wolvereen

My top 5 in order:

Phil Jones
Alexis Sanchez
Ashley Young
Anthony Martial
Romelu Lukaku

Red Stone

The wages are the deciding factor here. It's Sanchez by a mile.

That being said, there is a depressingly large group of players with him on the "out" side of the "in or out" spectrum, but on average they probably get paid about 25% of what Sanchez earns.

FujiVice

Phil Jones. Not because he's the worst of the lot, but he's the comedy face of this shit period. We all thought it was Fellaini, really really, if you write a book about the shit years, Phil Jones face is the Liverpool FA Cup final suits of this era. Even prior to Fergie leaving, the overriding memory of the final day of the 2012 season if Pip Jones in that black and blue kit with one of his many heads on.

Kostov

Can we increase this to a list of 15 to 20 names? I’m not sure who I want out first... more like the majority of this lot.

Disregarding useless shit like Rojo and Darmian, I’d really want Young, Lingard and Jones to leave.

Snuffkin

Sanchez is going nowhere, for lots of reasons.
Pogba is a loose cannon but will not be sold this summer.
Martial could drain the enthusiasm from any crowd. Nothing can get through to him he is a numbskull.
Rojo is a total liability.
Jones can't stay fit.
Darmian isn't good enough.
Young has a contract, he isn't going anywhere.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Alexis Sanchez and it's not even fecking close. Hes on 350k a week. Taking up a squad spot that can go to Greenwood, Gomes or Chong. Literally does nothing in the tiny amount he even plays.

Darmian and Rojo complete the top 3 for being useless to the extent of not even being on the bench for years yet somehow remaining Manchester United players and both getting decently high wages I'm sure.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Lukaku claims to be the fastest in the squad?! Surely not, surely Rashford is way faster!
I dunno, Lukaku is rapid once he gets going (or at least he was prior to bulking up anyway), consistently popping up on those "fastest sprints" and "fastest players" stats at the end of several seasons. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was faster than Rashford in terms of top speed.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This thread is hardly fair. There’s too many to choose from and all of them are equally useless.

Young.
Lingard.
Jones.
Martial.
Shaw.
Rojo.
Sanchez.

All fecking useless.

manunited1919

This thread is hardly fair. There’s too many to choose from and all of them are equally useless.

Young.
Lingard.
Jones.
Martial.
Shaw.
Rojo.
Sanchez.

All fecking useless.
Shaw? As in Pleyer of the Year Shaw?

Minimalist

Phil Jones.

Only because he needs to go and seem to survive no matter what - the rest (Rojo etc) will go eventually.

manunited1919

Yes as in player of the year Shaw. God help us we’re really in it if he’s our player of the year.

Don’t worry, I’m not here to defend Shaw. Just that there are other more obvious choices for the ONE player you want to get rid of.

manunited1919

Looking at people’s replies, it seems we have

#1 Sanchez
Followed closely by
Young, Lingard, Jones

Feck, they are all under contract for a number of years.

Paxi

Don’t worry, I’m not here to defend Shaw. Just that there are other more obvious choices for the ONE player you want to get rid of.

Yeah I know but I really, genuinely dislike most of this squad. Just a mess. Hope Ole can get it sorted over next few windows.

Paxi

I’m not even mad at Sanchez. We were all excited when he signed and it’s clear that he’s done as a player but it’s not his fault at the end of the day. It’s tough to predict and City would have signed him had we not.

Also take into consideration that he does genuinely look like he’s trying to give his all on the pitch but it’s just not working — which is more than I could say for some of the others.

SteveW

Sanchez. We all know why.

Darmian and Rojo. Impossible to create a culture of hard work while paying players to just go through the motions.