Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Saw it coming when the ship appeared.

Was done better than I would have expected it looked real enough to me to not be too jarring. You know it is CGI so there is no reason to pick holes in it too much it was good for the story.

Logical end to the story arc - he has to be back one day though of course - maybe saving Mando would be my guess. Mando tearing up was quite powerful.

Great show it's now one of my favourites and the extra one from the credits should be awesome too.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Well wow. That was easily better than all of the last 6 films. Got me in the feels at the end too.

Just a shame they didn't have the money to spend a bit more on the cgi.

Be interesting to see what they do with season 3 because as @RedSky said the relationship between Mando and the child is very much the heart of the show. Would definitely lose something without it.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Fantastic episode and the mandolarian has captured the true heart of star wars and why its loved. One episode is better than the entire sequel trilogy.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Personally thought the CGI on Luke was dreadful. Took me out of the scene a bit.

Awesome series overall that has helped rejuvenate Star Wars after the dumpster fire that was the sequel trilogy. Shame that the Luke/Grogu storyline is already compromised by what happens in the future, we know there can’t be a happy ending.

Can Disney just say the sequels were an April fools joke and start again? So many great stories (such as the entire original trilogy) ruined by that crap.

Traub

A question for the Star Wars fanatics, where would Grogu have been during the latest sequel trilogy? I’m just thinking to the whole last Jedi thing... surely Grogu would still be around (unless he’s dead)?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
A question for the Star Wars fanatics, where would Grogu have been during the latest sequel trilogy? I’m just thinking to the whole last Jedi thing... surely Grogu would still be around (unless he’s dead)?
Correct, he'd be very much alive and kicking. Yoda lived for 900 years. Grogu isn't even 40 years old. He's like a 5 year old version of Yoda in human years

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Either Kylo and his gang killed him when he turned evil, or Grogu didn’t train for long before leaving (back to Mando perhaps), or he escaped while Kylo was having his tantrum and went into an exile of his own. Any number of things, I don’t see a way The Mandorian show ends without us knowing what happens to Grogu.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
The moment the X-wing flew in, I thought it would be Luke. But then I thought his lightshaper was blue for some reason so started wondering who it could be, then the gloved hand came out and I lost my shit.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The moment the X-wing flew in, I thought it would be Luke. But then I thought his lightshaper was blue for some reason so started wondering who it could be, then the gloved hand came out and I lost my shit.
The first image of it was a black and white surveillance feed, so the saber was just bright and for a moment I thought it were Ahsoka, which obviously made no sense. ^^

AaronRedDevil

HOLY FECKING SHIT! I got goosebumps. One of the best episodes I’ve ever watched. Haven’t felt that way in sooo long.
Guessing next season is going to be a mando war type deal. Bo Katan vs Mando and we are finally going to Mandalore, I wonder will that Old school Mandalorian women who trained Mando will appear. Seems like the perfect time to bring her back in.

AaronRedDevil

Either Kylo and his gang killed him when he turned evil, or Grogu didn’t train for long before leaving (back to Mando perhaps), or he escaped while Kylo was having his tantrum and went into an exile of his own. Any number of things, I don’t see a way The Mandorian show ends without us knowing what happens to Grogu.
Kylo doesn’t exist and will never exist again. That trilogy is a write off. It better be.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Personally thought the CGI on Luke was dreadful. Took me out of the scene a bit.

Awesome series overall that has helped rejuvenate Star Wars after the dumpster fire that was the sequel trilogy. Shame that the Luke/Grogu storyline is already compromised by what happens in the future, we know there can’t be a happy ending.

Can Disney just say the sequels were an April fools joke and start again? So many great stories (such as the entire original trilogy) ruined by that crap.
Was kind of hoping they'd just pretend those films never happened. Would anyone really care?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Watched it again...

Only one place to start... When they showed the X-Wing, I thought hmm maybe... then the green lightsaber, I thought possibly... then the gloved hand & the way he moved in combat, I thought nah they wouldn’t... then the reveal!!! They actually went there!! My reaction was basically like the Vince McMahon gif falling off the chair.

It was the logical choice to have Luke being the Jedi who felt Grogu’s presence but I didn’t think they’d actually get him on the show! A really well done reveal that built up the excitement as he made his way through the ship. The music that accompanied the scene was perfect.

Begs the question, what happens to Grogu between this episode & when Luke disappears in the sequels... if that fecker Kylo killed him then I will hate the sequels even more. Hopefully we see Grogu again before this series ends, but I reckon they’ll release some novels focusing on his training with Luke.

The episode itself was excellent & a strong finale. The reveal aside, it had action, drama, tension, fear, hope, emotion & a conclusion that was satisfying for the main characters... pretty much nailed what Star Wars is about. Loved the scene between Moff Gideon & Mando - I thought he actually would’ve let him go with Grogu. Then the reveal to Mando that he “owns” the Darksaber as it has to be won in combat was nicely revealed - almost like he had planned it. I had forgotten that the Darksaber had to be “won” in battle, it’s why Bo-Katan was so keen to make sure she was the one who got Moff Gideon to surrender. Giancarlo Esposito is excellent in pretty much every role.

The Darktroopers were very cool & I liked how they set them up as this near invincible army but Luke just deals with them effortlessly.

Grogu & Mando’s farewell was emotional & him taking his helmet off for him again showed what Grogu means to him. The evolution of Grogu being just another mission to someone he genuinely cares about is probably my favourite part of this series.

Looking ahead, I’m guessing Grogu’s done with this show for the near future but did Moff Gideon get his blood to the empire/First Order & is that connected to how Palps returns?! Also they need to resolve the thing with the Darksaber and the future of Mandalore, which I’m assuming will be the focus next season.

Overall an excellent season. Filoni & Favreau did great once again.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I didn’t think it could get better but my god that was fantastic TV. As a big Star Wars fan this really hit the mark all the way.

Then we had one of my favourite post credit scenes I have ever seen.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The final scenes were what my childhood memories of Star Wars *feel* like but the original movies actually do not look like, when you re-watch them today (and I did just last week ^^).
It was fan-service of the highest order and I totally lapped it up and wanted more. :D

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The final scenes were what my childhood memories of Star Wars *feel* like but the original movies actually do not look like, when you re-watch them today (and I did just last week ^^).
It was fan-service of the highest order and I totally lapped it up and wanted more. :D
Well put. Made me feel like a kid again for all of 5 minutes.

i love the soundtrack too. That "doo-doo doo-doo" flute loop really sticks with you.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I guess a common theme of the Star Wars saga is redemption and on a meta level that series has kind of redeemed Star Wars for some of the crusty old fans.

*Now please ignore the last 3 films and take it somewhere else.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I guess a common theme of the Star Wars saga is redemption and on a meta level that series has kind of redeemed Star Wars for some of the crusty old fans.

*Now please ignore the last 3 films and take it somewhere else.
I’m a fairly crusty old Star Wars fan. I actually really liked liked episode 7 and thought Rogue one was outstanding. So for me
Disney started extremely well. It obviously fell apart badly with 8 and 9. But it is great to see they have turned it around again

Heardy

I didn’t think it could get better but my god that was fantastic TV. As a big Star Wars fan this really hit the mark all the way.

Then we had one of my favourite post credit scenes I have ever seen.
Has there been a post credit scene after every episode? I’ve missed every one if that’s the case!!

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I just realized that this episode would have been very short if Slave I had stopped for a couple of hours to refuel first. Luke would have been waiting with a child, a lightshaper and a darksaber.

Sylar

It was great even without the reveal
The reveal took it over the top for greatness

It was like Vader in rogue one badass but better due to the build. The dark troopers were show cased as awesome (especially the trouble mando had with just one)
A whole army appearing and then just being dealt with was awesome

I agree the whole dynamic between grogu and mando has carried this show in a sense but excited to see where it goes

This also makes me sad that they butchered the Anakin prequel series and well the sequels too especially the way Luke and Obi were used but that's for another time