The most important Premier League signing of the last decade? (Aguero)

TheRedHearted

Surely must be? Imagine if we had signed him instead. Fair play to City for the signing of the 4th all time EPL goal scorer.
If they happen to immediately get Haaland, and he ends up doing similar heights the next ten years it would have to be one of the best back to back striker signings (in terms of longevity)- or would Agueros decline ruin that?

Machine Elements

We should've signed him to replace Tevez. Not Michael Owen on a free. Probably would've gone on to become champions in 2010 and the first and only 4 or even 5 consecutive title winners in PL history.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Jamie Vardy deserves a mention too. The damage he has done to top 6 teams over the years and the single biggest PL win in history. All from a player picked out of relative obscurity in the English pyramid.

It’s a great story and should get the film treatment.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
Gotta be up there. Footballing side is obvious, but he was one of the earliest "proper" signings that City made.

Look at the forwards they signed since 2008-09
- Jo
- Robinho
- Bellamy
- Santa Cruz
- Tevez
- Adebayor
- Balotelli
- Dzeko

Eight forwards in two years is ridiculous, with them all being either less than top quality or just there to rip City off for an easy payday. Aguero made them real contenders.

tjb

Aguero: On course to win five league titles (would be amazing if somehow we stopped that but we know how slim that is)
Hazard: two
But hazard had way more influence in chelsea's title teams than Aguero and in general.

padr81

Supports
Man City
But hazard had way more influence in chelsea's title teams than Aguero and in general.
Kun has been comfortably Cities best ever player and the player of the decade. This has been the only season he hasn't been the key man in our title wins and maybe at a push 13/14 when he was just one of. He also has the biggest moment in pl history on his CV and much more consistent than Eden who took every 2nd season off.

Might be my City tinted specs but I'd say Kun has been the most important player in pl history who didn't play for United given his trophy haul in comparison to Henry's (even though Thierry was a much better footballer). The 10s in England was a decade defined by Kun.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Kun has been comfortably Cities best ever player and the player of the decade. This has been the only season he hasn't been the key man in our title wins and maybe at a push 13/14 when he was just one of. He also has the biggest moment in pl history on his CV and much more consistent than Eden who took every 2nd season off.

Might be my City tinted specs but I'd say Kun has been the most important player in pl history who didn't play for United given his trophy haul in comparison to Henry's (even though Thierry was a much better footballer). The 10s in England was a decade defined by Kun.
Thing with Aguero is for as good as he's been he's only finished top goal scorer in the league once and been included in the team of the year twice. No player of the year awards or anything like that which puts him behind someone like Henry for me

To answer the OP though yes he's got to be up there

Gazza

I would never have thought Aguero would stay at City as long as he has. Thought he would get paid and then bounce to a traditional superpower. Fair play to him, he’s built something of a legacy at City and been one of the Premier League’s all time greats

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Aguero and Silva were undeniably the catalysts of our success over the last decade. All bias aside, surely those two have to be the most important?

tjb

Thing with Aguero is for as good as he's been he's only finished top goal scorer in the league once and been included in the team of the year twice. No player of the year awards or anything like that which puts him behind someone like Henry for me

To answer the OP though yes he's got to be up there
Tbh, in terms of players, premier league wise noone comes near Henry.