The most interesting team in the world right now: Bayer Leverkusen

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Haven't watched the video, but mentioned in the German Football is Turd thread that Alonso's Bayer Leverkusen is a side I'm watching this season. They've had a fabulous start and it's been most enjoyable watching them both as a collective and seeing the likes of Tah, Tapsoba, Frimpong, Xhaka, Wirtz, and Boniface.

I've heard rumours that Xabi Alonso will be the manager of Real Madrid next season, potentially an exodus in the summer (I hope not)

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
They've looked really good since Alonso took over last season and it's continuing this season with some smart signings.

Was surprised that they managed to get Grimaldo on free and he's been fantastic on their left side. Xhaka has been key thus far and gives them more control than Andrich did last season, though that can leave them defensively exposed if Xhaka and Palacios play together.

So much talent that team, if Bayern have another off season then I can see them going so the way unlike Dortmund stumbling towards the end last season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Boniface is a player we were linked with and he's started very well too.

FortunaUtd

A sentence I would have never expected to read anywhere, much like "Joselu scoring for Real Madrid".

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
To use your favorite phrase: I guess I have achieved 'rent free' status.
I'd rather call it 'housing benefit'. You have it difficult enough right now and I'm a good landlord, you can pay me whenever you like!

:lol:

Bask in the glory while you can mate. Won't be long before Neverkusen rears it's ugly head again.
Can this head really be ugly?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
They are the Spurs of Germany. But maybe Alonso with all his attitude and class can instill some winning mentality in them.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Any players on their team worth having a look at in the summer?

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Wirtz, Palacios, Tapsoba, Frimpong, Kossounou, Boniface and Grimaldo.

Can't see many, if any, leaving though.
Palacios has been named among transfers rumours since ever, more if Xabi goes and ends in Liverpool.
Yet Exequiel also might go because he seems really injury prone and now he status is quite good...the dude has some sort of Dybala thing going on: always injuring himself, regaining a great level, expectations high...injury mode reset

Redivy

Wirtz, Palacios, Tapsoba, Frimpong, Kossounou, Boniface and Grimaldo.

Can't see many, if any, leaving though.
Besides Wirtz who will stay at the club. Tapsoba and Grimaldo would be the obvious two that step straight into our first team.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Stanisic is phenomenal. You should throw all the money at him, ideally convincing him tonstrike his way out of the club in the summer

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
They are the Spurs of Germany. But maybe Alonso with all his attitude and class can instill some winning mentality in them.
Harry Kane can out-Spurs Neverkusen, even with Kingsley Coman on his team.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Harry Kane can out-Spurs Neverkusen, even with Kingsley Coman on his team.
He was on course for a full dozen consecutive title winning seasons across three countries until Kane arrived.

Okey

Watching their last game against Bayern was eye catching. They handled it like seasoned veterans and serial winners. Bayern looked like the upstarts with stage fright. It's early days, but Alonso may just the next special thing. Nothing short of miraculous what he's wrought there.

Supports
Barcelona
They'll win the Bundesliga next week if they beat Bremen at home.