The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Said it last night. As someone who grew up watching Irish players stare blankly into space during the anthem, it warmed the cockles to see almost every one of them singing along last night. As gaeilge.
Still a couple of them that need a kick up the arse to learn it (Big Ev in particular) but yeah, definitely agree. Tbh, if I was Irish manager, you wouldn't play if you didnt' know it (without a genuine reason).

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Delighted for him. To get the nod from both his teammates and the fans is pretty satisfying. Should also stand him in good stead when the upgrading process starts. Kompany is clearly a big fan of his, I think he'll be starting their first match back in the Premier. Which is fantastic news for Ireland.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

My old man uses his dodgy TV set up to follow Irish players more than he follows United these days and I've seen three full Burnley matches in the last while and in two of them he was stellar. And I was thinking while watching that he's better than Fred & McTominay in so many respects.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Delighted for him. To get the nod from both his teammates and the fans is pretty satisfying. Should also stand him in good stead when the upgrading process starts. Kompany is clearly a big fan of his, I think he'll be starting their first match back in the Premier. Which is fantastic news for Ireland.
That Kompany brought him with him from Anderlecht and put him at the bass of the midfield while implementating a possession based philosophy was a huge compliment.

Still ill

No, I've decided to make bold outrageous but fundamentally incorrect statements and insult people who disagree with them. So fecking watch out!
It's how we roll in the Caf in 2023, innit?

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
No, I've decided to make bold outrageous but fundamentally incorrect statements and insult people who disagree with them. So fecking watch out!
Moses not living up to his tagline after all.

Oscar Bonavena

Decent player, shame about his mistake the last day v France. Played a blind pass on the edge of the box straight to Pavard. Would he be top 6 Prem standard for example?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Will be interesting seeing him in the Premier League next season. He's probably been the most consistent (and best) performer in the Kenny era.

Still ill

Sorry, I was distracted earlier. Not all round, but that taking the ball and delivering short passes and then being an option for who he has just passed it to. Just to build momentum and control. He's good at that bit.
Ah completely agree. He's always available, an invaluable trait. I love watching him.

Zebs

Lads, we're gonna win the 2030 World Cup.

Zebs

Jericho

Oh feck me, if this thread is active we must be playing again.

Zebs

What are we making of Tom Cannon? Looks like another one getting away.
Didn't get picked for the England U21s this week so I wouldn't be too sure we're losing him yet.

Still ill

Massive game for Kenny tonight. How are we feeling? We've certainly done everything we can on the prep front. Big pressure on them but I'm really looking forward to it.

Zebs

Bazunu

Lenihahn
Collins
Egan

Doherty
Molumby
Cullen
O'Dowda

Smallbone

Idah
Ferguson

Zebs

Lovely pass from kick off. Expecting that to be the highlight based on how things have gone since then

Zebs

Smallbone having a shocker