The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

Brophs

The One and Only
Already dropped by Newcastle after complaints about quality. Classic FAI.
In fairness, a phrase that the FAI probably don’t ever deserve to have said in their favour, loads of people have been caught out with Castore. Weren’t Rangers fans pissed off with their jerseys last season? It’s pretty amazing in this day and age that they’d get anything so badly wrong and still let it go to market.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
In fairness, a phrase that the FAI probably don’t ever deserve to have said in their favour, loads of people have been caught out with Castore. Weren’t Rangers fans pissed off with their jerseys last season? It’s pretty amazing in this day and age that they’d get anything so badly wrong and still let it go to market.
They seem like a total shambles. So, if nothing else, the FAI did at least nail the brand alignment.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Have a spare in Section 114 for Greece next week if any of you are looking for more misery in your lives?

Edit: It's my ticket so sadly you won't get to sit with me.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
was offered two premiums at work.
Said no.

The traffic and travel time to that stadium are not worth the show

always_hoping

Such a poorly managed team, looks like a group of Irish players that just met in the car park for the first time before the game. A lot of empty green seats tonight, wasn't this game advertised as a double header package in an effort by the FAI to fill the ground?

Oscar Bonavena

Terrible first touch from Knight. He controls that, he's in on goal. Shows the lack of real quality in the team.

McGrathsipan

Such a poorly managed team, looks like a group of Irish players that just met in the car park for the first time before the game. A lot of empty green seats tonight, wasn't this game advertised as a double header package in an effort by the FAI to fill the ground?
I looked at tickets last week.
Firstly too fecking expensive
Secondly the Aviva is a shit show to get to.
Thirdly its the fact you have to buy a poxy NZ ticket also totally turned me off.
That and I've lost interest in this team and Kenny so much so that I even turned down some freebies today.

Oranges038

He does a lot of good work but I never see him get a shot or cross away.
Only one who looks like he can make anything happen. But, his end product isn't there at all.

Ferguson looks like he going to need someone to be the Robbie Keane to his Niall Quinn in this setup.

RORY65

Roll on 2028 where we won't have to qualify for a tournament.
:nervous: not sure about that.

The Kenny thing has clearly been over since the Greece away game which was so poor, not so much the result but the performance, but that was still such a bad 1st half against a side at home that we should be able to be more competitive against.

Oranges038

Cnuts.

The state of that goal. Collins should have just gone with the runner. Defending in the box was shite. Then a shite finish to put a shite cherry on top of the shite cake.

Ya may as well be looking into a bucket of shite.

RORY65

Don't hosts get in automatically? Don't tell me they changed that. It's our only way of getting to a tournament.
No they will all be in qualifying. There are 2 reserve spots for the highest ranked host nations that don't qualify but if 3 or more of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales (I'm presuming England will regardless) then some one is going to miss out.

always_hoping

For some perspective in the last year Greece have only beaten Gibraltar away. Have lost and didn't score against Cyprus and drew with the might of Malta. Tonight Greece are without two of their first choice defenders

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's time to end the Kenny regime. Qualifying is done. Sack him now and either take the time to get someone new in for WC qualifying or get someone in fast and let him use the rest of this group to familiarise himself with players.

Oranges038

Didi talking about "put em under pressure.."

How about the midfield look for the fecking ball..
The quality on the ball in midfield is shocking at this level.

Any Glenn Whelan's knocking about out there? Could do with one of him now.

Oscar Bonavena

Clubs have spent over 50 million quid on Collins and he's trying to play someone offside who's in his own half.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Shame to see it ending like this. Terrible performance so far. Hard to remember what we were all so positive about at one point. Well not all of us, obviously. Me though.

Mr.Plow

For some perspective in the last year Greece have only beaten Gibraltar away. Have lost and didn't score against Cyprus and drew with the might of Malta. Tonight Greece are without two of their first choice defenders
This is the one of the most comfortable games we (Greece) have played in recent years, no doubt. Even beating minnows tends to be a struggle.

McGrathsipan

Matt fecking Doherty is infuriating

Offers nothing but little tappy tappy passes.
Never ever ever does anything remotely positive with the ball.
A total waste of a shirt and plays every game.

always_hoping

This is the one of the most comfortable games we (Greece) have played in recent years, no doubt. Even beating minnows tends to be a struggle.
Didi Hamann is on the coverage I'm watching, main point he had was that teams in the past had to work hard to come away from Dublin with any type of result. Greece barely broke sweat and found themselves with a two goal cushion at half time and as it stands on course very comfortable win.