the new Sky Sports subscription

clarkydaz

so we know about the Sky Sports reshuffle being spread over even more channels with fancy names, and the sales pitch was a better deal as you only pay for the channels you want. I'm on BT and there was a £5 monthly increase to coincide which I wasn't happy about, but continued with

Now it dawns on me they have actually taken content away that I used to have, such as I cant watch La Liga matches anymore and stuff like Sunday Supplement this morning, yet have charged me fiver a month extra. I take it Virgin/Sky viewers were not dealt this?

Bojan11

What do you mean they taken away content? Don't you have Sky sports football?

clarkydaz

What do you mean they taken away content? Don't you have Sky sports football?
yeah but they have spread the football across several different channels, so what I initially had available to watch like Spanish football isn't available to me anymore, unless I pay more for extra channels, ontop on the £5 increase

PoTMS

Eh? The football is only spread across two channels - Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports PL.

clarkydaz

Eh? The football is only spread across two channels - Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports PL.
on BT my premier league footy is on Sky Sports Main Event. I have Sky Sports Extra which is blank most of the time, supposedly for certain PL games

PoTMS

Ah I see, must be different on the BT Platform.

Theatre0fDreams

Posted this on twitter earlier.. these are some of the games coming up on Sky over the next month:

Hud v Newcastle
WBrom v Stoke
Bur v Palace
Swa v Newcastle
WHam v Hud
Bou v Brighton
Palace v Soton
Brighton v Newcastle

Not sure I'm willing to pay that monthly subscription for that!

Devil81

I'm with BT and I'm only getting Sky Sports main event as well, I didn't realise I was going to miss out on the Spanish football.

BT are taking the piss, I'm going to ring them tomorrow and complain, we're being dealt an inferior package now Sky have had a reshuffle.

Devil81

Posted this on twitter earlier.. these are some of the games coming up on Sky over the next month:

Hud v Newcastle
WBrom v Stoke
Bur v Palace
Swa v Newcastle
WHam v Hud
Bou v Brighton
Palace v Soton
Brighton v Newcastle

Not sure I'm willing to pay that monthly subscription for that!
They always get the smaller clubs out of the way early, that way they don't get many complaints when they show only the top six from Christmas onwards.

clarkydaz

I'm with BT and I'm only getting Sky Sports main event as well, I didn't realise I was going to miss out on the Spanish football.

BT are taking the piss, I'm going to ring them tomorrow and complain, we're being dealt an inferior package now Sky have had a reshuffle.
and charged £5 more!

Devil81

and charged £5 more!
I hadn't realised we'd had a price increase in the fairness, my contract is up for renewal at the end of this month ironically. I'm gonna play hard ball with them and see if they buckle like Virgin are known for.

The big problem I've got is I can't get Virgin down my avenue, I live on a new build estate and they've not got round to laying the cable yet. My only option is Sky, I personally don't like sky so that's why I opted for BT.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
I hadn't realised we'd had a price increase in the fairness, my contract is up for renewal at the end of this month ironically. I'm gonna play hard ball with them and see if they buckle like Virgin are known for.

The big problem I've got is I can't get Virgin down my avenue, I live on a new build estate and they've not got round to laying the cable yet. My only option is Sky, I personally don't like sky so that's why I opted for BT.
I've been a sky customer for over 7 years and I only pay £13 a month for all the sky sports channels for well over a year now, they just renewed my half price deal recently.

RedStarUnited

Virgin Media seems to be the best place to get both the BT and Sky packages. If you can get cable that is.

RedStarUnited

How much in total are you paying?

Devil81

How much in total are you paying?
I've BT Sports and I did only have sky sports 1 but that's now changed.

For my phone, internet & TV it's coming out at about £80 a month. The same package with Virgin in my old house was £110 a month but with that, I got the other sports channels, which I never watched due to the Premier league being on Sky sports 1.

RedStarUnited

I've BT Sports and I did only have sky sports 1 but that's now changed.

For my phone, internet & TV it's coming out at about £80 a month. The same package with Virgin in my old house was £110 a month but with that, I got the other sports channels, which I never watched due to the Premier league being on Sky sports 1.
I moved homes recently and got my BT bill lowered by 25 or so pounds. I pay about 35 for BT internet and TV (i only care about BT Sports). Maybe worth giving them a call and see if they can get you on that type of deal.

I have both BT and Sky as I get sky dirt cheap. 35 a month for all channels - EON customers special offer.

clarkydaz

looking through the initial warning email regarding the changes, Sky Sports premier League is stated in the email but seems they still are not broadcasting it. So many names its confusing, so we have been stiffed out of Spanish games

Last edited:

penfold52

buy a technomate box, 80 cm dish, and a polish card for £250 ish and you will get all the football inc. a 3 pm game and european matches C.L. and Europa..

spwd

I'm on sky and super Sunday was on main event and la ligament is on sky sports football.