The next 6 games

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Palace have one of the best away records against the "big 6" clubs. To say it's just palace is pretty disrespectful and exactly why we keep coming unstuck against them. They know how to beat the big teams and have players and a tactic to counter very well.

We are playing away against a side that likes to have possession so our own counter attacks should work nicely.
Am i still on Man Utd forum? This whole post sounds like it was written by lets say Newcastle fan. Even match against Palace at home is a normal thing and we are lucky that Brighton play on possession so we can wait on counters. How we have fallen, it is unbelievable

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pointless these. We could lose 3-0 to Brighton and smash Chelsea 4-1.

kiristao

It's just a bit of fun if you don't want to have a guess then dont
Oh I have no problem with it. What I meant was we normally have these after a bad run of results. It was disappointing to see that we are already in that sort of situation based on the performance against Palace and Luton.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Am i still on Man Utd forum? This whole post sounds like it was written by lets say Newcastle fan. Even match against Palace at home is a normal thing and we are lucky that Brighton play on possession so we can wait on counters. How we have fallen, it is unbelievable
Are you stuck in the 90s?

Brighton just played Chelsea and had 60% possession.

Your delusion to think we can just walk through games and win easily is probably why you seem so hysterically upset with certain players after every loss.

Denis' cuff

As things stand the next 6 games will show where we are as a team I think. All tough games and all potential banana skins. I think:
Brighton A -- We should beat these so 3pts
Spurs H -- I think Mourinho wont want to lose this one and will set up not to, so 1pt
Newcastle A -- We should win this 3 pts
Chelsea H -- I know we did well last season, but they have strengthened and we wont win them all. 0pts
Arsenal H -- Arteta is doing well and Auba is a fantastic striker 1pt
Everton A -- This is a tough call as well. Rodriguez was a good buy for them. 0pts

We may still get some new signings in, but thats my prediction as it stands. 8 pts.
wasnt 8 pts last years total from that lot?

are we better now?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Are you stuck in the 90s?

Brighton just played Chelsea and had 60% possession.

Your delusion to think we can just walk through games and win easily is probably why you seem so hysterically upset with certain players after every loss.
No, i am stuck in reality. Brighton and Palace have 1 player each who could maybe just maybe play in our first 11. Or even on the bench. That teams we should beat and be dominant.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
That’s not the point.

Using it as an excuse is pathetic.

No other team seems to have been affected by it so it’s not an excuse.

We need to stop making, or even looking for excuses

Saturday was just a poor performance. Fitness shouldn’t be mentioned
CORRECT!
The problem we have has is that fans now have such low expectations, that they'll look for any excuse to accept a poor performance.
Our fitness coaches are terrible at their job - this has been demonstrated numerous times and Sept 2020 is the latest evidence. But the players themselves should take it upon themselves to maintain their fitness level.
It seems that players, fans, coaches, our manager - they are all apathetic to what is going on. It is an absolute shambles what is happening right now.

We have players on big wages, who are shit and we can't sell because nobody wants them.
And those players who are wanted, we can't get rid of because of their high wages.
We have a team of players who are out of shape and according to the manager are a month away from being at peak fitness.
We have owners who are leaching the club dry and whose aim is for us to win the 4th place trophy.
We have coaches who are under performing.
We have the likes of Woodward and Matt Judge who aren't good at their job.

Anyway, this is turning into a rant, so I'll stop.

K Stand Knut

CORRECT!
The problem we have has is that fans now have such low expectations, that they'll look for any excuse to accept a poor performance.
Our fitness coaches are terrible at their job - this has been demonstrated numerous times and Sept 2020 is the latest evidence. But the players themselves should take it upon themselves to maintain their fitness level.
It seems that players, fans, coaches, our manager - they are all apathetic to what is going on. It is an absolute shambles what is happening right now.

We have players on big wages, who are shit and we can't sell because nobody wants them.
And those players who are wanted, we can't get rid of because of their high wages.
We have a team of players who are out of shape and according to the manager are a month away from being at peak fitness.
We have owners who are leaching the club dry and whose aim is for us to win the 4th place trophy.
We have coaches who are under performing.
We have the likes of Woodward and Matt Judge who aren't good at their job.

Anyway, this is turning into a rant, so I'll stop.
I don’t recall many complaints from mid-June when we came back from lockdown with less of a ‘pre-season’ and no warm up matches before winning 5 games on the bounce and getting to the EL final.

The expectations are lower because they should be lower because of everything you’ve mentioned. We’ve dropped our standards through no fans fault and we can’t be held responsible for what happens on or off the pitch.

Can’t we just enjoy the ride????

Greck

Our manager said few days ago that we need 5 more games to be at best
He's always trying to preempt expectations. As if to buy himself 5 matches without expectations. It's hard to put one's faith in him when he's constantly getting an excuse in. Expectations were never this pathetic under even Jose. We still expected him to beat the lesser teams and if he failed we rightfully skewered him

arthurka

Who the feck knows. If we play like we did Vs Palace we will lose all of them.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
As things stand the next 6 games will show where we are as a team I think. All tough games and all potential banana skins. I think:
Spurs H -- I think Mourinho wont want to lose this one and will set up not to, so 1pt
Chelsea H -- I know we did well last season, but they have strengthened and we wont win them all. 0pts
Everton A -- This is a tough call as well. Rodriguez was a good buy for them. 0pts

We may still get some new signings in, but thats my prediction as it stands. 8 pts.
Season over then.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We lost to Crystal Palace at home, 3-1 to be exact and I just want to know where this confidence is coming from that we're going to easily beat Brighton...
Brighton are awful at playing it out from the back, if we actually press them hard they'll gift it to us.

K Stand Knut

He's always trying to preempt expectations. As if to buy himself 5 matches without expectations. It's hard to put one's faith in him when he's constantly getting an excuse in. Expectations were never this pathetic under even Jose. We still expected him to beat the lesser teams and if he failed we rightfully skewered him
What a ridiculous thought process and weird way to interpret his words

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I feel like we always do shite when these threads are made for some reason.
Haha. I think it's just because you're made aware of a cluster of games, so instead of thinking "yes, we're great" "shite, we're terrible" back and forth, you get a more measured "oh, some positives but we've got a long way to go" feel :lol:

Greck

What a ridiculous thought process and weird way to interpret his words
What's ridiculous is the match fitness excuse. Fitness and fatigue have been the go-to reasons for every poor stretch since he got here

K Stand Knut

What's ridiculous is the match fitness excuse. Fitness and fatigue have been the go-to reasons for every poor stretch since he got here
That too is ridiculous as I’ve stated several times already.

Both ridiculous in equal measure IMO

Foxbatt

why we lost to Palace has nothing to do with fitness. It is not as if we suddenly tanked in the last 5 minutes and conceded. We conceded early in the first half and would have been 0-2 down in the first half if DeGea had not pulled off a brilliant save. we have to hold up our hands and say that Roy got his tactics spot on and beat us fair and square. We may well beat Brighton on Saturday as we really ought to. Because if we lose then it will be a terrible start for us.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Did we look fit then to you? Certainly didn't look fit to me.
Agreed. The players look dreadfully unfit. A lack of fitness however is a fundamental flaw with the training and recovery regime employed by the club rather than an excuse as such. It also points to the woeful lack of depth we have.

Bestietom

8 points from 18 is not a good return from these games. If this happens I don't think we could expect to be anywhere near top 4.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Frustrating that we are having to deal with this lack of preseason and tough start of fixtures because we went deep into the summer because of European competition, where we bottled it and didn't even win the fecking thing.

That being said, this is dreadfully negative predicting that we outright lose to Everton. I say we get 12 out of a possible 18 and I'm not gonna be mad about that.

The_Midfielder

Frustrating that we are having to deal with this lack of preseason and tough start of fixtures because we went deep into the summer because of European competition, where we bottled it and didn't even win the fecking thing.

That being said, this is dreadfully negative predicting that we outright lose to Everton. I say we get 12 out of a possible 18 and I'm not gonna be mad about that.
And we didn't add any players...Imagine if we had 3 new players

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Where was that easy game you predicted? :wenger:

Chief123

So having lost 2 and won 1, looking at our next 4 fixtures is beginning to look pretty daunting. I’m normally positive about our chances in any game but suddenly these next 4 games have become absolutely massive.

With Newcastle and Everton being surprise packages so far playing well and Arsenal
And Chelsea being a lot stronger, this could be make or break for Ole.

I genuinely feel for Ole as he’s been let down this summer, but I fear for him as it’s very feasible we could be looking at 5 or 6 defeats in our first 7 games of the season.

Palace - Lost
Brighton - Stolen
Spurs - Lost
Newcastle - ?
Chelsea - ?
Arsenal - ?
Everton - ?

Foxbatt

I personally think only Newcastle is the game we will win. But Bruce knows how to defend and counter attack. But I can't see us losing to Newcastle. That said I never saw us losing to Palace 1-3 at home nor getting hammered at home by Spurs.