The obsession with dropping Mason Greenwood to the bench

El-Manos

He needs to cop on. I wasn't too concerned after the Iceland incident but I am now. That should have been a kick up the arse but it's been anything but it seems.

Murray3007

Did Fergie carefully nurture Rooney ?
Facts prove not
Was listening to both Tim Sherwood and Glen Hoddle , both brilliant football minds, on Sky sports a coupla weeks ago, and they both were of the very firm opinion, that Greenwood will push Rashford to the bench! Totally agree!
not going to lie never did I ever think I would see these comments linked, don't see Greenwood taking Rashfords place to be honest, more chance of taking Martial place as eventually he will play as our main striker

Murray3007

if there is concerns maybe we should be asking Ravel Morrison to have a chat with him, prime example of how things can change so quick in football, still the best young player I seen in the united academy.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
if there is concerns maybe we should be asking Ravel Morrison to have a chat with him, prime example of how things can change so quick in football, still the best young player I seen in the united academy.
Greenwood just need to look a Ravel to see no matter how talented you are, your career can slip away very quickly. As for actually talking to him, can’t see anything good coming from that.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Why are we speculating that he was up all night playing video games?

Maybe he just wasn't feeling well and had a rough night's sleep.

Murray3007

Greenwood just need to look a Ravel to see no matter how talented you are, your career can slip away very quickly. As for actually talking to him, can’t see anything good coming from that.
why not hes very open about the mistakes he made, which is why would be a great idea for them to chat

talking robot

If Rashford is out, he will have his chance in the next run of games. I'm honestly happy he's not away with England right now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Oh just be quiet your talking fart. Like Leo Messi (The best player in the world) didn’t miss pre season training this summer.

Explain that with your professional hat and jargon you just posted. Why did the best player in the world miss training but yet he’s got a professional contract?
Just because player missed training doesn’t mean the club allows them to do so without giving them fine and warning.

Stop wasting my time mate. I got no time to teach you some lesson about professionalism, you won’t understand even if Einstein explains it to you. You might want some lesson for your manners though.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Seems to me like the issue is not him drinking or smoking which is a good thing. It’d actually be nice if he could go live with somebody like Cavani or rashford or any of the more experienced guys so that he can get his head straight and focused. Don’t think anybody has an issue with him playing games, it’s just how much he is doing it.

united for life

he has lots of potential. not sure yet if he is left or right footed. that's how good both feet are. he's done so well at a very young age.

it's up to him to stay focused with the help of the manager and people close to him as well.

Mainoldo

he has lots of potential. not sure yet if he is left or right footed. that's how good both feet are. he's done so well at a very young age.

it's up to him to stay focused with the help of the manager and people close to him as well.
Stay focused? Nothing is wrong with him. I wish fans would stop catching onto this media rubbish designed to find there me click bait. Was ther articles on Foden when he wasn’t playing much for City talking about his off the field habits? No!

Rolaholic

The growing media obsession's with him is becoming worrying, they've been trying to dig up any sort of dirt they can find since the Iceland escapade.

The contrast between his treatment and the quiet approach they've taken with Foden, who's older, has been jarring. One's been left alone completely and the other is becoming their new whipping boy/lightning rod.

I hope he manages to keep his head down and focus on getting back in the starting XI picture as the wolves are out and looking for anything to pounce and bite on when it comes to his private life...

The press are absolute parasites

He'sRaldo

Hopefully he comes back into the starting lineup again and starts scoring asap so that the stories can dissipate.

Time out of the team doesn't necessarily help him if the media is just going to use that to pile on rumours.

VivaRonaldo85

Delighted he’s not in the England squad this time. A few more weeks rest is ideal. I’d start him v West Brom assuming he’s fit and hope he goes on another scoring run to shut up some of the gutter press looking for any story they can.

united for life

Stay focused? Nothing is wrong with him. I wish fans would stop catching onto this media rubbish designed to find there me click bait. Was ther articles on Foden when he wasn’t playing much for City talking about his off the field habits? No!
i don’t see anything wrong with saying that a kid his age needs to stay focused on the game and focused on training and developing himself. This applies to Mason and others youngsters.

you’re right though, united and united players do get a “special treatment” by the media. That’s the pressure of playing with the biggest club in the world. That’s why these kids need to stay focused.

lex talionis

I recommend we not obsess about an issue we have very few facts upon which to fixate our obsession.

ReallyUSA

...He's 19. He's a kid doing kid shit whilst making a fortune to do so. He will clean up around the edges as the season goes on.

Okey

At times like this you just hate the media and their bandwagon mentality. Imagine interviewing Aaron Townsend about Greenwood?! I predict Ole will rubbish all these claims at the presser before the WBA game. Then a rested and healthy Greenwood will play and score, and the media will shift to how great a talent he is, with seamless, shameless ease!

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Not going to quote anybody in particular but let's not tolerate this media practice of destroying people in public just because 'he plays for United'. The kid has done nothing sinister (stayed up too late, got with a girl during lockdown, had some laughing gas) and he's receiving awful, harmful treatment, at 19!

Likewise, what is it to The Sun, or even us to pass judgements and give our 2 cents on social media on what he should or shouldn't be doing? Leave him alone for god's sake. It happens all too often and it's sad. Don't you think there's enough temptation and risk in the life of a footballer already, without a media empire deciding they're going to make your journey extra tricky?

TBH they're setting up these kids, like Raheem Sterling, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo (Post WC) & Mason Greenwood to fail and it's really sad. We saw what happened with the MCFC youth player a few weeks ago, these players are under massive pressure already... Let's not let the parasites create extra for clicks