The One Show

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I don't think i've ever watched it, for how long has it held this influential profile on the British TV scene?

What's all the fuss about?

binary bot
Up there with dropping point as the worst show on tv. Two boring presenters really tie it all together.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Due to working from home, I find myself watching stuff I've only vaguely heard about.

Do people actually enjoy this crap?
Save yourself dude. Learn from your mistake and avoid this soulless tripe.

Vacuous, anaemic presenters presenting vacuous anaemic shit. Matt Baker and Alex Jones ... the grim reaper himself would be preferable company than those two. Always figure I’m a reasonable chap but those two drive me mad with their flatline boringness.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I've only heard about it from Rob Bryden making fun of it on Would I Lie to You. He makes fun of the people on it in a similar manner he makes fun of the soap opera actors which led me to believe it was a bit shit. I mean it's on during the day right?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Save yourself dude. Learn from your mistake and avoid this soulless tripe.

Vacuous, anaemic presenters presenting vacuous anaemic shit. Matt Baker and Alex Jones ... the grim reaper himself would be preferable company than those two. Always figure I’m a reasonable chap but those two drive me mad with their flatline boringness.
Sums it up pretty well and I only watched about 5 minutes of it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It used to be decent, but it's flogging a dead horse at this point. Saying that, I haven't seen it for a few years but I can't imagine it's much better.

binary bot
Can you do us a top 10?
Don't think I'd have enough

Dropping point
The One Show
Loose Women
Britains got talent
A place in the sun

There are loads of shows now that have become so frequent that I dislike them due to how frequently they're on i.e. property shows, cooking competitions and auctions.

edit: I meant tipping point

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
It counts towards BBC One's quota of news programming. Even the Beeb don't give a shit about it. It's just a contractual obligation for them.

Hoof the ball

Absolutely hate prime time British tv. Other countries are making high quality, prime time dramas that occupy great time slots, and here in the UK, those time slots are filled with Eastenders, Coronation Street and Emmerdale.

pascell

Don't think I'd have enough

Dropping point
The One Show
Loose Women
Britains got talent
A place in the sun

There are loads of shows now that have become so frequent that I dislike them due to how frequently they're on i.e. property shows, cooking competitions and auctions.
Dinner Date has to be on there for me.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There's a great podcast call The One One Show which labels itself as the podcast thats dedicated to the worst tv show around.

I don't ever watch the One Show, but I do listen to the podcast that takes the piss out of it.