The Overlap - Ruud van Nistelrooy

El Jefe

Ruud is an example of a legend at the club without a haul of trophies. Only one PL and no CL so it is possible to still be adored at this club without multiple big trophies.

Has there been a player that was beloved by the fans at OT as quick as Ruud. Always gave me the chills hearing the roar of “RUUD” after he scored at home.

OleGunnar20

Ruud is an example of a legend at the club without a haul of trophies. Only one PL and no CL so it is possible to still be adored at this club without multiple big trophies.

Has there been a player that was beloved by the fans at OT as quick as Ruud. Always gave me the chills hearing the roar of “RUUD” after he scored at home.
Blimey I didn't realise he'd won so little. My favourite player growing up. I'll never forget that cretin Keowns ugly mug as he jumped about after the penalty miss.

Legend Ruud. You always knew we'd only need to make him a half chance whenever he was on the pitch.

Bobski

He had the misfortune to come to Utd as a transition period was just starting, not just in player turnover but in guys like Scholes and Giggs starting to progress to different phases of their career and and some inconsistent periods that came with it. He is the best out and out goalscorer we are likely to see at Utd in most of our lifetimes and I include Ronaldo and his ridiculous 2008 campaign in that.

However I wouldn't take him ahead of Andy Cole in the treble team or want him in the 2007-10 team. Magnificent at what he did but I don't think Utd would have been as fluid, unpredictable or as successful with him despite the huge amount of goals he would have scored.

tombombadil

Yeah. Sad for him that he won so few trophies. Deserved more, but those were tough times. A team in transition. Man was a sniper. Slot the ball in at the tightest angles.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He had the misfortune to come to Utd as a transition period was just starting, not just in player turnover but in guys like Scholes and Giggs starting to progress to different phases of their career and and some inconsistent periods that came with it. He is the best out and out goalscorer we are likely to see at Utd in most of our lifetimes and I include Ronaldo and his ridiculous 2008 campaign in that.

However I wouldn't take him ahead of Andy Cole in the treble team or want him in the 2007-10 team. Magnificent at what he did but I don't think Utd would have been as fluid, unpredictable or as successful with him despite the huge amount of goals he would have scored.
It's only goes to show the ruthless winning machine United were under Fergie that we went from strength to strength after Ruud left, as he was a phenomenal striker.

TrailMonkey

Had a feeling he was going to be good when we signed him, only for him to get that injury that delayed his debut for a year or so. He was electric in and around the box. A real poacher, but with more to his game outside the box too - both a great goal scorer and a scorer of great goals. Always felt we would score when he was on the pitch.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's interesting that not many make comparisons with halland all things considered, they're quite similar in their approach to the game.

Oranges038

Love this goal vs Basel where he smashed it in from almost on the line.

Based Adnan

A 44 goal season in an era where 1 in 2 made you a good striker says it all