Film The Penguin - Batman Series

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Had no idea this was being made. Farrell was good as the Penguin, and considering the dark approach the film had I reckon this could be really good.

Sylar

Had no idea this was being made. Farrell was good as the Penguin, and considering the dark approach the film had I reckon this could be really good.
Same, this is the first I've heard of it.
Strangely enough I went into the batman movie not really knowing about the cast much and was shocked that was Farrell. He did a great job

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I would watch it if it was a literal Penguin being a gangster.
Shut up and eat your content. Shovel it down. If you get enough in your belly it might be moderately filling. Just shut up and keep chowing down on bland content yum yum.

...feck I'm definitely watching this at some point aren't I?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If this was such a remember mobster why does he have to remind people about him.

Eric_the_Red99

I don’t generally subscribe to the idea of there being ‘superhero fatigue’, but this trend of spin-offs focusing on villains without the heroes appearing at all, or very little (Venom, Morbius, Joker, this) is surely one way of killing off the genre.

I just don’t see the point in taking the very grounded version of the character from The Batman, and having him star in a gritty crime thriller without any comic book elements at all. Why not just do a gritty crime thriller? Why even bother with the comic book branding? What does Colin Farrell being in a silly fat suit really add to this? I know the answer of course: marketing. Nobody would watch this if it wasn’t being sold as a Batman spin-off. It’s just all so cynical.

It makes me think of that John Wick spin-off tv show. Once you got past the glossy packaging, it was so boring and soulless.