Television The Plot Against America | HBO | From 'The Wire' Producer | 85% RT | 79% MET

Hoof the ball

An alternate American history told through the eyes of a working-class Jewish family in New Jersey, as they watch the political rise of Charles Lindbergh, an aviator-hero and xenophobic populist, who becomes president and turns the nation towards fascism.
Written and produced by David Simon (The Wire) and based on Philip Roth's book.

First episode is very good indeed.

Hoof the ball

Only a 6,3 rating on IMDB so far.
It was scored 5.5 even before the episode had aired on HBO. Looking at the synopsis alone, you can guess who might have reason to score it as such.

Check the reviews since it's been out. It's a lot more positive. 85% on Rotten Tomatoes and 79% on Metacritic is more accurate.

SirAF

Ageist
It was scored 5.5 even before the episode had aired on HBO. Looking at the synopsis alone, you can guess who might have reason to score it as such.

Check the reviews since it's been out. It's a lot more positive. 85% on Rotten Tomatoes and 79% on Metacritic is more accurate.
Good point :lol:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

Can you expand on this?

I watched the first episode and thought it was alright. Normally something about alternate realities wouldn’t interest me, but the future look at the upcoming episodes has me intrigued. HBO has several interesting shows going on right now with this, My Brilliant Friend and Westworld.

Nickosaur

Hows the book? I've only read The Ghost Writer but I really enjoyed.