Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
When will we see styles bodyguard wrestle? (Aka Diesel mk 2)?

Also not very up on the current product, is strowman still being buried?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Tony Khan: "It's true. There's going to be a major star in the world of wrestling, a huge huge star, is going to sign a multi-year deal at the pay-per-view."

You had my curiosity, Tony, but now you have my attention. But anyone less than Punk or Lesnar and you're getting mocked unmercifully.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Tony Khan: "It's true. There's going to be a major star in the world of wrestling, a huge huge star, is going to sign a multi-year deal at the pay-per-view."

You had my curiosity, Tony, but now you have my attention. But anyone less than Punk or Lesnar and you're getting mocked unmercifully.
Kurt Angle maybe?

If not then yeah must be CM Punk right? I can't see it being Lesnar... I guess it could be Cain Velasquez, though not sure that fits the bill.

Bojan11

I don’t see it being Lesnar as Vince would throw shitloads of money at him. Surely that goes again what AEW superstars want. Didn’t Moxley moan that Lesnar didn’t want to do anything for their WM match and how he shows up only a few times a year. I am not sure about Punk either. I don’t think he’s ever returning full time and is looking for a schedule that is like Brocks.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Whatcha gonna do brother.

paulscholes18

Hopefully CM Punk, maybe Ronda Rousey or RVD. Be amazed if it was Lesnar, be amazing (impossible) if The Rock, Cena, Undertaker or Batista showed up

I’m going in with low expectations with Tony Khan just trying to sell it with it being Moose or Eddie Edwards.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

It's TJ Perkins mate.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Also raw went from a 35 year old to a 40 year old to a 44 year old as champion
Maybe they will go younger and put it back on Brock who is 43...

Saying that Brock vs Lashley could be a lot of fun
No match involving lesner would ever be fun, predictable, tired, short and uninteresting, but not fun.

Bojan11

Hopefully CM Punk, maybe Ronda Rousey or RVD. Be amazed if it was Lesnar, be amazing (impossible) if The Rock, Cena, Undertaker or Batista showed up

I’m going in with low expectations with Tony Khan just trying to sell it with it being Moose or Eddie Edwards.
Undertaker isn’t going anywhere. He was going to appear on some wrestling show a few years back that was outside WWE. Vince got wind of it and gave him a new 15 year contract.

Batista doesn’t need wrestling and I don’t want to see him wrestle because he’s done. The wrestlers who rely on power struggle more in their 50s. Goldberg struggles to lift anyone up for the jackhammer. Batista is busy filming movies. Not going to be the Rock for the same reasons. Cena is in Canada shooting a new series.

Lesnar and Punk are the two that could elevate AEW especially now NXT is moving to Tuesdays. But bringing those sort of superstars is going to hurt the egos of a few wrestlers just like it does in WWE when part timers come in and take the top spots.

Sylar

No match involving lesner would ever be fun, predictable, tired, short and uninteresting, but not fun.
Ever? I mean his matches with Angle were fun.
HIs match was Cena was fun.
His match with Finn, Rollins, Punk and Bryan were fun :)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This can only go two ways with the build up.

1) it’s somebody massive. Punk or Lesnar esque, If so, fair play.
2) it’s not and it’s underwhelming. Anyone under than a huge name and they’ll get ridiculed. I’m thinking it’ll be somebody who was ‘under used’ in WWE previously. Maybe EC3.

I think it’ll be option two and then we’ll still be told by Meltzer fans that it’s actually a huge deal that they’ve just brought in Carlito.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I had a nice little surprise today. Turns out I had credit in my fite again for some reason so ordered Revolution for free.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

2) it’s not and it’s underwhelming. Anyone under than a huge name and they’ll get ridiculed. I’m thinking it’ll be somebody who was ‘under used’ in WWE previously. Maybe EC3.

I think it’ll be option two and then we’ll still be told by Meltzer fans that it’s actually a huge deal that they’ve just brought in Carlito.
Just signed with ROH I believe

Sylar

KURT ANGLE!!!

We will see I guess

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Ever? I mean his matches with Angle were fun.
HIs match was Cena was fun.
His match with Finn, Rollins, Punk and Bryan were fun :)
It’s more likely unless it’s one of the few times he is actually interested rather than just after a pay day he will turn up, spam a few suplexes like a 5 year old on PS4 who only knows one combo, do his stupid little dance, try and look menacing with his pointless tiny head and leave again. Not my idea of fun bud.

Sylar

It’s more likely unless it’s one of the few times he is actually interested rather than just after a pay day he will turn up, spam a few suplexes like a 5 year old on PS4 who only knows one combo, do his stupid little dance, try and look menacing with his pointless tiny head and leave again. Not my idea of fun bud.
Well you did say ever...

Lashley has been one of the most protected guys hence why him v Lesnar could be fun.

Ekeke

"almost" Hall of famer, I think AEW will get Christian. Angle and RVD other likely people.

I imagine it'll just be stars to help them get deals and name recognition around the world rather than people who are going to put on top matches or even great angles. They already have those guys. They just need more people to watch them on tv so they become aware of them

Ekeke

I don’t see it being Lesnar as Vince would throw shitloads of money at him. Surely that goes again what AEW superstars want. Didn’t Moxley moan that Lesnar didn’t want to do anything for their WM match and how he shows up only a few times a year. I am not sure about Punk either. I don’t think he’s ever returning full time and is looking for a schedule that is like Brocks.
I think the difference is that AEW probably wouldnt bother with the money unless he's motivated and wants to do stuff. Look at Shaq, he went through 2 tables at his age whereas WWE could never get him motivated to follow through.

And most likely Brock would only be worth the money even if motivated if they had a full crowd of people who paid to be there. So doesnt seem like he would be a good financial investment for a while yet

Bojan11

Tony Khan said it's one of his favourite wrestlers ever, and it's a man.

It's going to be very disappointing when it's Christian or Kurt Angle. Don't get me wrong, both were fantastic in their prime. But Kurt Angle couldn't even stand straight when he was GM and shouldn't be wrestling. Christian has had problems with concussions and I don't think at his age he should be taking heavy bumps.

It would he hilarious if they sign Mayor Glen Jacobs. Big Show and Kane back together on TV.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
RVD or Angle would be awful signings.

Christian would be cool, although not really the megastar they're hyping this as.

Punk would be a big, big move.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
So Apollo's got a spear and going full in with the African accent. Interesting.

Sylar

It can't be Batista, cm Punk or somebody like that because you certainly announce it before hand to increase ppv buys

It has to be somebody like Angle who is a decent enough name as a surprise and may bring in eyeballs (it's nuts that it's like 15 years since tna got him as their big name)

Ekeke

If it was Brock or CM Punk I think it would be worded very differently. They didnt say "We beat out the competition to sign this guy! He chose us instead of them!" Khan just talks about previous accomplishments, which is standard for someone who has been a star in the past 10-20 years and can gain some outside interest for the product. WWE has so many people under contract that its going to be hard to get someone with name value who can still put on great matches and the people who they dont, they probably would be able to get if they offered enough money. Edge got himself cleared because AEW asked him if he could get cleared. He investigated it and it turned out he could, but then knowing that WWE wanted him and that was the end of it.

What would you say if you signed Angle or Christian? You wouldnt say "We signed someone who is banged up and old but people know their name" because that defeats the purpose. WWE don't say that when they bring in a part timer either, so why would anyone else?

Ekeke

It must be a red herring or Angle having fun with it. It can't be Angle coming back to wrestle, that man's neck is a mess.
I saw several of Angle's matches on the indies before he went back to WWE. He could still go. In WWE he didnt do much other than the Rousey match, then he stepped in for Ambrose's injury and filled in for The Shield and he looked awful.

My guess is that if hes actually working and not pulled in from the cold to fill in for someone else he can probably still do alright and not too much worse than before WWE. Which is good enough for a good match with the best workers.

Alternatively his body had just gone by the shield match. But it was so much worse than he had done before that I'd be surprised if his decline was so fast and so drastic. So for now I'll go with him just not being in good condition and ready to fill in for Ambrose, but WWE needed someone who could be in the shield for a day so thats what happened

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I saw several of Angle's matches on the indies before he went back to WWE. He could still go. In WWE he didnt do much other than the Rousey match, then he stepped in for Ambrose's injury and filled in for The Shield and he looked awful.

My guess is that if hes actually working and not pulled in from the cold to fill in for someone else he can probably still do alright and not too much worse than before WWE. Which is good enough for a good match with the best workers.

Alternatively his body had just gone by the shield match. But it was so much worse than he had done before that I'd be surprised if his decline was so fast and so drastic. So for now I'll go with him just not being in good condition and ready to fill in for Ambrose, but WWE needed someone who could be in the shield for a day so thats what happened
in his ‘farewell tour’ in WWE in the build up to Wrestlemania I thought he looked absolutely finished to be honest.

If it’s Angle, Christian or RVD, then this has to be the point where even the staunchest AEW fan has their concerns that it’s going a bit TNA Mk 2.

Batista would be a huge get, as would Punk. Brock would be too, but I can’t see it. I do hope it’s him though, the reaction would be amazing

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Pretty certain I read just the other day Kurt saying he had to stop being he wasn't Wrestling regularly, he would have been fine if he went straight back into it but was out too long his body couldn't keep up.

Cant see how this would have changed in a matter of days. The dudes neck is fecked and he can barely stand. Nobody wants to see angle wrestle in 2021 but then we did just see Tully Blanchard wrestle.