Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Stevondo8

Him losing in Glasgow would be a brave call.
I agree. But I reckon long-term storytelling wise, it’s the right call. Similar to how Cody losing WM last year now probably looks like the right call despite everyone shitting on it at the time. You then build another “finish the story” type moment for next year…but less Avengers-y.

The Hilton

I never said 'you' (@thehilton )said that. I said you (as in, in general) can argue the point that most title matches dont have stakes, hence why i added ' if you really want to argue that.'.

We gonna agree to disagree on the point. This wasnt the random 'dream match' scenario we see on tv shows. For me, it had build in its own way, just whether you like it or not, is upto you.
That's kinda what I meant about putting words into my mouth, as I didn't want to argue that.

Winning a title is high stakes, but so is winning a title opportunity, there are grudge matches, disagreements that can only be solved in the ring, etc.

To me this was the prototypical "dream match", it would have been perfect for Forbidden Door. But agreed about different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

Sylar

Omega Vs Okada 2/3 falls match
Good call. That was quite something especially given the quality of the other matches they had.

Its one of my favs. I still think Bret/Austin mania will go down as my fav of all time just for pure emotion, the guys involved, the story and crowd, and how historic it became (and the event)

JP77

Rock/Austin Wrestlemania 17 still for me. It capped off probably the best era ever in wrestling for me, told one of the best stories and builds ever and made the title seem as important as it had ever been.

Sylar

The prices for Clash at the castle in glasgow are ridiculous. Guessing most of it will be bought up, but I kinda wish it wasnt at those prices so they are forced to drop it.
ANd its via ticketmaster. So youre paying around 200 for back row seats before the TM admin fees. Yikes.

Rock/Austin Wrestlemania 17 still for me. It capped off probably the best era ever in wrestling for me, told one of the best stories and builds ever and made the title seem as important as it had ever been.
Im glad they took Debra out a week or two before because that wasnt needed. A great main event for one of the greatest ppvs ever.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I've just learned about the Kennel From Hell match in 1999

I don't think there has ever been a worse idea for a match. Whoever thought getting dogs involved was a good idea should've been terminated.

Sylar

I don't think there has ever been a worse idea for a match. Whoever thought getting dogs involved was a good idea should've been terminated.
It was even worse watching it. It was as bad as the punjabi prison match.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It was even worse watching it. It was as bad as the punjabi prison match.
Most other gimmick matches have stupid or confusing rules or the wrestlers are not up to par but the Kennel match is the stupidest.

Supposedly having vicious dogs outside leads to all kinds of potential problems. Animal welfare, the risk of having wrestlers mauled, risks of the dogs getting hurt. What happened in the end with the dogs getting scared and pissing and shutting on the floor was probably a better outcome.

The concept could work if it's with traps like tables, barbed wire etc or having wrestlers/jobbers on the outside to swarm anyone who makes it out of the steel cage.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Most other gimmick matches have stupid or confusing rules or the wrestlers are not up to par but the Kennel match is the stupidest.

Supposedly having vicious dogs outside leads to all kinds of potential problems. Animal welfare, the risk of having wrestlers mauled, risks of the dogs getting hurt. What happened in the end with the dogs getting scared and pissing and shutting on the floor was probably a better outcome.

The concept could work if it's with traps like tables, barbed wire etc or having wrestlers/jobbers on the outside to swarm anyone who makes it out of the steel cage.
Was this part of that storyline where Bossman tricked Al Snow into eating his own pet dog?

Whole thing was a bit messed up, and also quite pointless for a throw away lower card match that no one gave a feck about.

GlasgowCeltic

it’s funny watching Al Snow’s show on Netflix where he comes across really well but tries to paint a picture of himself as having against all odds became one of the top guys in the WWF back then rather than being the guy who was given shit like this if he wanted to keep his job

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Unless they do it the UFC way and have it start at 11pm with the main event being 3am, despite being in the UK.
They did that? I imagine there'll be licensing laws preventing them from doing that at Wembley but suppose you could get a tens.

I can totally see them doing that tbh and I'm not even sure that I'd mind.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
They did that? I imagine there'll be licensing laws preventing them from doing that at Wembley but suppose you could get a tens.

I can totally see them doing that tbh and I'm not even sure that I'd mind.
Not yet but UFC 304 is in Manchester and those times are what they're doing. And as both UFC and WWE are under TKO it wouldn't surprise me if they tried the same at some point.

Sylar

The elements might play a part too. London in April could be pissing it down.
Theres talk they want to push Mania to May for an upcoming one. The biggest annoyance is that Wembley stadium, for all its money, doesnt have a roof. Insane ridiculousness.

A Mania and an AEW Wembley show in the same year would be some laugh.
I could see them doing SD / HOF / Raw at o2. Mania two nights at the Stadium. Raw back at o2, fly home. Think were still years away from it especially if they are getting huge offers to host it whilst Wembley expect to be paid to host it.

It's happening.

But feck me it'll be expensive, probably too expensive for me.

Will also be weird watching a mania live at a decent time.
Given the prices of Clash in Glasgow, yep. Im also at the hope that cos its a stadium they price it ok-ish like the Wales one (though that was still a cost for good seats). AEW for 'floor' seats was insane last year and this year, I expect WWE will be crazier.

Zen

Imagine the fanboys if WM does London with like 70K x 2 nights depending on which, Spurs I'd guess.... with the cheapest tickets being close to a £100, if not more, it'll be painful, and hysterical.

Just leave the trollin' Trips. Take the Middle East money for an empty arena.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Theres talk they want to push Mania to May for an upcoming one. The biggest annoyance is that Wembley stadium, for all its money, doesnt have a roof. Insane ridiculousness.

I could see them doing SD / HOF / Raw at o2. Mania two nights at the Stadium. Raw back at o2, fly home. Think were still years away from it especially if they are getting huge offers to host it whilst Wembley expect to be paid to host it.

Given the prices of Clash in Glasgow, yep. Im also at the hope that cos its a stadium they price it ok-ish like the Wales one (though that was still a cost for good seats). AEW for 'floor' seats was insane last year and this year, I expect WWE will be crazier.
In Cardiff I think I paid around 130 a ticket for kind of back row seats on the top tier but it didn't really matter I had to watch a lot of the action on the screen at the same time. Another 200 quid to go forward a bit would have been similar - ain't paying silly money. We enjoyed it just fine in the "cheap" seats.

LordSpud

With WrestleMania a lot of people say it's the just being there that is amazing. Like.. it's bloody WrestleMania! Hope they can get it to London. Apparently next year is either Vegas or Minneapolis so maybe 42?

On a similar topic is anyone from here going to All In this year? Or went last year? I missed the first one but fear the AEW brand has declined a bit and think it will get nowhere near 80k this year.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
WrestleMania 2 nights in the UK

The West Coast is 8 hours behind so let's say the event proper starts at 6pm UK time, that will be 10am on the west coast so it shouldn't be too bad and for the east coast it will be 1pm.

I doubt they'll put WM in the UK at 3am.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They won't be doing WM at 3am in London. No way the licencing people or police will entertain that. A UFC event is one thing. Imagine trying to organise getting 80,000 people away from Wembley at 3am on a Sunday night/Monday morning. That's a non starter

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
They won't be doing WM at 3am in London. No way the licencing people or police will entertain that. A UFC event is one thing. Imagine trying to organise getting 80,000 people away from Wembley at 3am on a Sunday night/Monday morning. That's a non starter
Be 11pm finish at the latest surely?

Bwuk

You’d think Spurs ground but Mania would be mid season, and Spurs won’t have their fixtures in advance of it being announced?

Sylar

I'd be very very surprised if they do London and go with spurs stadium over wembley.

Also He did it!!!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’m seeing a lot of talk about AEW on my timeline on twitter again and the ratings are being compared once again, which usually means that AEW is having a good period :lol:

Hopefully they’ve moved on from the Punk stuff for good now and can focus on the people there and give us two proper wrestling companies to push each other.

I like the idea of the khan segment, but that move by the Young Bucks is fecking stupid. One does a flip while the other gently lays khan on the floor.