Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Great show. Brock is such a better character when he isn’t unbeatable.
Gunther has become a made man over the last week while Logan Paul shows doing moves is a lot easier than the internet makes it out to be
Speak for yourself. I can't stand Logan but I'm not going to be forwards flipping myself over a metre into the air to crash head on into someone doing the same in the opposite direction any time soon

cyberman

Speak for yourself. I can't stand Logan but I'm not going to be forwards flipping myself over a metre into the air to crash head on into someone doing the same in the opposite direction any time soon
That’s why he’s in the Rumble and you’re not.

Ladron de redcafe

No bro. Its easy! It showed that its much easier than the internet makes it out to be :lol: ffs

Sami and the Bloodline storyline :(
I thought that was well done, though, wasn't it? The Rumble match itself was what it was but it atleast had the right winner.

When was the last time we watched finish like the bloodline disintegrating at the end there?

Sylar

The show was mixed
Believe the first match started hot, then became a bit dull in the middle and then had a great end to it.

Second and third matches were meh.
Women's rumble had kinda the same issue that the men's did, there were just people coming out but no 'stars' on who you think could win or people who are 'wow,they are back'.
Hhh has to overcome years of neglect for the main roster and try build stars and that doesn't just happen over night .

For the men's Gunther looked like a beast. But I thought Kross looked terrible this week. He lost to Rey on smackdown then did nothing in the rumble.
Edge was too short lived but the stuff with him and Beth post elimination was great.

Women's rumble had a bigger problem with that. Hhh obviously has had a lot of women return but crowd only really came alive when Becky came out (and she was short lived) and then when asuka came out.
The final three moment was fantastic and rhea looked like a star and the ending didn't make asuka or liv look bad either

Main event was ok but post match was great compelling stuff. Crowd came alive for that.

TheGame

No bro. Its easy! It showed that its much easier than the internet makes it out to be :lol: ffs

I thought that was well done, though, wasn't it? The Rumble match itself was what it was but it atleast had the right winner.

When was the last time we watched finish like the bloodline disintegrating at the end there?
Fully agree, just sad it ended. All good things I suppose.

Ladron de redcafe

Fully agree, just sad it ended. All good things I suppose.
I suppose. But i do think it's fine to end it while it's really compelling and use it to create feuds and stories rather than drag it out until it runs well past its course, as is sometimes the case with wresting.

It was great while it lasted, though.

The Hilton

The hyperbole around Logan Paul is so silly. The last time he "made the moves look easy" he blew out his knee.

As for the show, it was a bit rubbish, the rumble was insultingly predictable, the women's one was OK, the other matches were all pointless, although the bloodline post match segment was good.

Ekeke

Last bit was good. Roman is a good heel, now he might even get a heel reaction. If not now then never

Took forever but finally the story has moved forward

JP77

Backed themselves into a bit of a corner with this booking. They have a red hot story with Roman and Sami but I don’t see how there’s any way they can work Sami into that main event at Wrestlemania which is a disappointment. Cody had a great return and deserves his Wrestlemania moment but has returned at an unfortunate time where Sami is probably the most over guy on the roster and has just had that moment.

Gut instinct is the plan is for Cody to win at Wrestlemania and for Sami and KO to face the Usos for the titles at Wrestlemania and finally dethrone them.I’m happy with both of those but the issue is that after last night you really feel like Reigns is the one that Sami should be chasing and getting revenge on at this stage but time will tell.

Definitely the right choice for Rhea to win. They’ve done a great job with her after they originally overbooked her with her first run on the main roster which made people turn against her. Definitely feel now is the time to have her win the title and have a strong run with it.

Zen

Incredible trolling to be fair by WWE, a whole show built on teasing a Rock return.... but you get what you ask for instead, full timers delivering a long incredible build story to WM. (Lightning in poster, moving the Rumble to open because something 'massive' must be happening, and then the 15 minutes at the end with great commentating teasing it too!)

Rhea was really good too, the ending of that RR was great, despite it being piss obvious. Isn't she like an ultra heel? And going the distance too? That's weird booking... Vince is the only true heel I can think of even winning, forget getting Iron Woman status on top.. usually reserved for faces no?

Sylar

I don't see that as WWE teasing the rock @Zen :lol: it's not like theory saying 'the champ is here's to a tease an eventual face off with Cena
Cant put that on wwe.

@JP77 they defo gotta make the fans want to see Sami/Owens dethrone usos. I'm intrigued how they do this especially with the added element of jey walking out .

Sami/reigns at the next ppv in samis hometown makes sense. Best way maybe jey uso costing him so people want to see Sami get revenge on him and Jimmy.

Zen

Of course it's teasing, The Rock was massively trending not only in the final parts of the Rumble..... but to insane levels in the long dragged out beat down at the end. They knew exactly what they were doing with all of that, it brings eyes to it without actually confirming it so they can't take any flack for it.

Don't see how they've backed themselves into a corner either, hasn't Roman fighting twice been what's been rumoured for months now? Except now it won't be The Rock-Cody, it'll be Sami-Cody..... so one to end the Bloodline story and one to start the next story (with Cody). Flows straight into the next.. it's almost literally writes itself at this point... with the exception of how you actually handle the belts, is Roman gonna eat 2 losses? Probably should , but I don't know how you can screw him essentially the same way twice, as it surely can't be clean.

Sylar

How is something trending WWE trolling and teasing?
Naomi was also trending too.
Wwe didn't do anything specifically to make the rock trend

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
That was a pretty awful ppv.

Both rumbles were meh although the women's had the more interesting finish. Crowd was pretty flat through most of it and the commentary was insipid throughout.

Main event was standard Roman fair with the drama after the bell being the bit everyone came for. Sami > Cody at the moment so interesting to see what they do about that.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Of course it's teasing, The Rock was massively trending not only in the final parts of the Rumble..... but to insane levels in the long dragged out beat down at the end. They knew exactly what they were doing with all of that, it brings eyes to it without actually confirming it so they can't take any flack for it.

Don't see how they've backed themselves into a corner either, hasn't Roman fighting twice been what's been rumoured for months now? Except now it won't be The Rock-Cody, it'll be Sami-Cody..... so one to end the Bloodline story and one to start the next story (with Cody). Flows straight into the next.. it's almost literally writes itself at this point... with the exception of how you actually handle the belts, is Roman gonna eat 2 losses? Probably should , but I don't know how you can screw him essentially the same way twice, as it surely can't be clean.
You know they don't actually decide what trends right? The only people who teased The Rock returning was the fans with speculation.

Zen

How is something trending WWE trolling and teasing?
Naomi was also trending too.
Wwe didn't do anything specifically to make the rock trend
Well, they absolutely 100% did, but okay. I don't really see the issue either? I'm not the only one praising them for playing off the speculation. It brings viewership and eyes, right move, played it brilliantly. The Rock doesn't just casually trend at that level often off the back of WWE event.... like ever.

You know they don't actually decide what trends right? The only people who teased The Rock returning was the fans with speculation.
Yes. But I also know how you can play with these things and work social media to advantage, which WWE nailed.

Sylar

I don't see any issue if they did.
You keep saying WWE played off the speculation
What did they specifically do? @Zen

Zen

Read posts?

Incredible trolling to be fair by WWE, a whole show built on teasing a Rock return.... but you get what you ask for instead, full timers delivering a long incredible build story to WM. (Lightning in poster, moving the Rumble to open because something 'massive' must be happening, and then the 15 minutes at the end with great commentating teasing it too!)

Rhea was really good too, the ending of that RR was great, despite it being piss obvious. Isn't she like an ultra heel? And going the distance too? That's weird booking... Vince is the only true heel I can think of even winning, forget getting Iron Woman status on top.. usually reserved for faces no?

Sylar

That's the biggest clutching of straws I've seen :lol: you think they moved the rumble to the beginning, not because they wanted to close with the Roman reigns angle, but because they thought more people would wanna watch anticipating the rock ...

Ha!

If you think the whole show was built on teasing the rock returning, that's actually funny

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
1) Lightning doesn't mean Rock.
2) If they had put the Roman and Sami stuff anywhere but the end the rest of the show would have felt disjointed.
3) Clearly we listened to different commentary because I didn't hear them mention The Rock.

You clearly saw fan speculation and ran with it yourself, you heard the moo and decided it was a duck.

Zen

That's the biggest clutching of straws I've seen :lol: you think they moved the rumble to the beginning, not because they wanted to close with the Roman reigns angle, but because they thought more people would wanna watch anticipating the rock ...

Ha!

If you think the whole show was built on teasing the rock returning, that's actually funny
Okay. Ignore that, even though it worked a treat mind you - since it had people on SC and Twitter mentioning it, since it's only the second time the Rumble hasn't ended the show, guess what the reason was previously? (Spoiler; Part Time Rock). (I mean look how often the Rock is mentioned in this one alone - - forget others)

And the other 2? How are they clutching at straws? Given guess what.... they both also worked. Pat Mcafee apparently dropped a few 'hints' in commentary throughout the night, but I had it muted often, so not certain on that.

Zen

1) Lightning doesn't mean Rock.
2) If they had put the Roman and Sami stuff anywhere but the end the rest of the show would have felt disjointed.
3) Clearly we listened to different commentary because I didn't hear them mention The Rock.

You clearly saw fan speculation and ran with it yourself, you heard the moo and decided it was a duck.
1 - Again, it's a hint that plays with the idea that worked. Speaking of running with something yourself.
2 - Possibly so, but it's the Rumble, and as I said, the Rumble hasn't ended only 1 show before... being for the Rock, again, it's a hint that they worked brilliantly with.
3 - Why would they use his name directly when they know he's not going to be there? Again, hints, and again, running with something yourself. (They literally were going overboard with someone needs to come out, yes but who?, etc etc)

Hints. Even if your description of me is correct when I knew he wasn't coming... then how many tuned on or continued watching the blind belief from those hints he would show? A lot. Thus: Well played WWE. Give them credit sometimes.

Zen

Was he being teased for that event for ages running up to it? If so, yes.

Sylar

@Zen you got it all wrong

The lightning signifies undertaker
The 2006 royal rumble finished with a non rumble. Why? For the takers return
The commentators were talking about somebody coming out. Clearly playing on that he's now American badass and no longer a deadman (which is a play on the 2007 royal rumble, where khali dominated and cole screamed no man can eliminate him, and gong, a man didn't come out, but a deadman)
And his wife and children were there with his wife also making a surprise entry to make you think the husband was there too.

All these hints for Taker clearly got people buying the rumble. Kudos to WWE

Zen

@Zen you got it all wrong

The lightning signifies undertaker
The 2006 royal rumble finished with a non rumble. Why? For the takers return
The commentators were talking about somebody coming out. Clearly playing on that he's now American badass and no longer a deadman (which is a play on the 2007 royal rumble, where khali dominated and cole screamed no man can eliminate him, and gong, a man didn't come out, but a deadman)
And his wife and children were there with his wife also making a surprise entry to make you think the husband was there too.

All these hints for Taker clearly got people buying the rumble. Kudos to WWE
Sounds like you're half-agreeing now while half not agreeing... solid. At least we've got to a middle ground. I didn't know you could even buy these shows anymore, the more you know. (The eh hmm, Rivers never fail with wrestling) - WWE is more about their socials and TV deals now.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
How the feck does lightning mean the rock? :lol:

This is one of the biggest, if not the biggest issue with modern day wrestling. Fans fantasy book and get pissed off that their ideas didn't come into fruition because it's a better idea in their eyes.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

This is one of the biggest, if not the biggest issue with modern day wrestling. Fans fantasy book and get pissed off that their ideas didn't come into fruition because it's a better idea in their eyes.
They always call him (and HHH even did this week) the most electrifying blah blah that's where it came from.

Sylar

They always call him (and HHH even did this week) the most electrifying blah blah that's where it came from.
Yeah but lightning kid is also 123 kid who appeared on Raw.
And is awesome so WWE missed a trick not having him come out and save Sami and challenge reigns at mania

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Yeah but lightning kid is also 123 kid who appeared on Raw.
And is awesome so WWE missed a trick not having him come out and save Sami and challenge reigns at mania
I thought the end of the show was perfect. No need for anyone else and the story has room to continue now with the breakup of the family and realignment of Jey and Sami and Kevin.

Forget Roman for now I would like to see that young upstart Sikoa get a battering from the faces. It's like a computer game now with 3 final bosses, Sikoa, Jimmy and Roman. Heyman for a random beatup too.

Ladron de redcafe

They have some lightening playing on his trousers but that's it. Really doesn't seem as if it has any other connection to Rock that I can think of.

Sylar

I thought the end of the show was perfect. No need for anyone else and the story has room to continue now with the breakup of the family and realignment of Jey and Sami and Kevin.

Forget Roman for now I would like to see that young upstart Sikoa get a battering from the faces. It's like a computer game now with 3 final bosses, Sikoa, Jimmy and Roman. Heyman for a random beatup too.
Haha but yeah completely agree.
Watching that again, wow, the reaction was immense
Lot of heels can learn from Reigns and his mannerisms and attitude
Fantastic heel who right now doesn't need to rely on cheap digs at hometown crowds

The pacing of the whole storyline has been great up until now.

TheGame

Haha but yeah completely agree.
Watching that again, wow, the reaction was immense
Lot of heels can learn from Reigns and his mannerisms and attitude
Fantastic heel who right now doesn't need to rely on cheap digs at hometown crowds

The pacing of the whole storyline has been great up until now.
I always enjoy it when they do this. :lol: