Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ekeke

Why is it a "whoops" ?
As the story clearly explains, but I'll reiterate

Vince asked him to watch AEW and tell him what AEW is doing better than WWE. He told him after 2 weeks that in comparison WWE feels like a wrestling show without any wrestling. A little bit later he left to join AEW when both companies wanted him

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
As the story clearly explains, but I'll reiterate

Vince asked him to watch AEW and tell him what AEW is doing better than WWE. He told him after 2 weeks that in comparison WWE feels like a wrestling show without any wrestling. A little bit later he left to join AEW when both companies wanted him
Oh I see. You mean the task that Vince set him was responsible for them losing him? I doubt Vince cares tbf. This is the guy that banned the term 'wrestler' after all.

Ekeke

Oh I see. You mean the task that Vince set him was responsible for them losing him? I doubt Vince cares tbf. This is the guy that banned the term 'wrestler' after all.
I mean it could have happened anyway, I've no doubt that Bryan Danielson was aware and watching some AEW stuff already. But taking 2 weeks to really think about that answer, giving that answer and then leaving for that company is obviously a series of events that werent what Vince and WWE wanted.

Andersons Dietician

He's come a long way from Sufferin' Succotash...

Watching that kinda makes me want to start watching wrestling again. I’ve only seen what has been happening through things like insta, YouTube or tik Tok but from what I’ve seen Bloodline and Sami been killing it.

Sylar

He's come a long way from Sufferin' Succotash...

I get your point but I think it helps he's not scripted to the tee by Vince McMahon.
His 24 doc on the network around the same time and his interviews outside of WWE showed he was a good talker. It took WWE a long time to get it right but glad they did

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Did you know that the mics they use backstage aren’t real , seemingly got a mic above the camera, it’s for audio purposes. Somthing I genuinely didn’t know.

SparkedIntoLife

John Cena has followed Worcester City FC on Twitter! This has sparked speculation from the fans that he could take a leaf out of Reynolds/McElhenney’s book by buying a non league ‘sleeping giant’.

They’re my second team as I was born in Worcester and my Dad was on their books long ago. I’d love it if Cena and The Rock teamed up to lead Worcester to the Champions League. I’ll be in touch to explain that I have done this on many iterations of Football Manager and I’m their man if they need a new manager. Plus I’m a wrestling fan so I really get them.

Sylar

A powerful segment right here:

Fantastic and these are the types of promos that are money. This is what aew misses especially with punk no longer there and what WWE needs more of.
A promo that makes you want to see more and you get lost in it. Obviously you can't have this for every talking segment but Cody is a great story teller and Heyman is always gold.
Great stuff from them both.

Also added note another week and Cody gets a great reaction. Seems the internet / twitter are/were trying to force the narrative that Cody will get booed due to Sami (mostly cos of what happened with Batista/Danielson before). Glad Cody is getting great reactions.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Fantastic and these are the types of promos that are money. This is what aew misses especially with punk no longer there and what WWE needs more of.
A promo that makes you want to see more and you get lost in it. Obviously you can't have this for every talking segment but Cody is a great story teller and Heyman is always gold.

Also added note another week and Cody gets a great reaction. Seems the internet / twitter are/were trying to force the narrative that Cody will get booed due to Sami (mostly cos of what happened with Batista/Danielson before). Glad Cody is getting great reactions.
I think AEW saw more than enough of these Cody promos thank you very much. :lol:

It will start to grate soon enough.

Ekeke

Hopefully Cody has learned from his mistakes in AEW. The Heyman and Cody promo was great. He was also great in his first run as AEW first started cutting promos. It was just in the second half he fell off a cliff getting bogged down in the not very interesting Codyverse, the curing racism and poorly timed America is great promo and refusing to ever turn heel when fans didnt like what he was doing and were booing him. He got a fresh start in WWE and hopefully for him, he'll choose his words better to stay face.

Sylar

Hopefully Cody has learned from his mistakes in AEW. The Heyman and Cody promo was great. He was also great in his first run as AEW first started cutting promos. It was just in the second half he fell off a cliff getting bogged down in the not very interesting Codyverse, the curing racism and poorly timed America is great promo and refusing to ever turn heel when fans didnt like what he was doing and were booing him. He got a fresh start in WWE and hopefully for him, he'll choose his words better to stay face.
Agree with this.

Also helps he's not surrounded with fifty people.
Hoping that will be the case with Omega real soon

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
His style fits in better in WWE for sure. Also his promos stand out in a more tightly scripted environment. In AEW the likes of Mox, MJF, Punk, Kingston etc... put him in the shade.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Seemingly the king was rushed to hospital yesterday, the rumours is, that he has had had a stroke and is in a very serious condition, hopefully pulls through and make a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."

There's no forced narrative. What they're doing with the Sami/Bloodline angle is a waste as There's going to be no pay off for Sami, which makes months of building his popularity a waste of time.

Cody was always going to get good reactions immediately on his return, but to be fair to him he's given two brilliant promos since. The way he was force fed to everyone in the build up to the rumble was incredibly dumb imo. His work since has been the complete opposite amd have been scripted very well

TheGame

There's no forced narrative. What they're doing with the Sami/Bloodline angle is a waste as There's going to be no pay off for Sami, which makes months of building his popularity a waste of time.

Cody was always going to get good reactions immediately on his return, but to be fair to him he's given two brilliant promos since. The way he was force fed to everyone in the build up to the rumble was incredibly dumb imo. His work since has been the complete opposite.
There doesn't need to be a pay off. People have enjoyed the storyline for what it is. The drama of it all has been great. Of course it will be Reigns v Cody at Wrestlemania but the pay off if you can call it that is that Sami Zayn is finally where he should be, in the main match of main events.

Sylar

There doesn't need to be a pay off. People have enjoyed the storyline for what it is. The drama of it all has been great. Of course it will be Reigns v Cody at Wrestlemania but the pay off if you can call it that is that Sami Zayn is finally where he should be, in the main match of main events.
Also most likely a prominent match at mania with Owens most likely winning the tag titles. That is a great payoff especially since the big story was always him and jey

The Hilton

The Heyman/Cody stuff was very good, although I thought that it was Heyman that really shined, getting genuinely emotional and still managing to be the slimy heel by the end of the segment.

Cody held his own, but his promos can get very formulaic, and his character and motivations will need to evolve once he wins the title.

Sylar

:lol:

:lol:
Mjf was at his best yesterday. One of his best matches and great talking. So much better than coming out and the standard let's crap on a crowd and reference WWE.

Also Danielson/rush was fantastic too

The ending however was ... Flat

Ekeke

Really liked the Jay White Vs. Hikuleo match from NJPW. Loser leaves Japan

Jay White is a great, not always spectacular heel which is really good for the face because the face should be the exciting one. I dont know where he's going but it does look like he's leaving with his NJPW contract up and losing this match. He looks good, can talk and is good in the ring so I would imagine he could have a top 3 or so spot in WWE or AEW wherever he wants to go and being a title challenger.

Sylar

The sami zayn/Usos stuff on SD was really good.
But the Zayn/Cody promo on Raw was fantastic. Theyve done this stuff so well especially with most think Sami doesnt have a chance, but hes red hot and delivering when he comes out.

Sylar

FFS Mox is bleeding again. :rolleyes: Somebody stop him.
I just saw it. Its crazy. Its a nothing match. And it wasnt even anything big that I could see. From what I could see, there was a dive through him taking him outside with the other competitors (so all four crashed)
Cesaro gets taken away and smashed with a chair to his shoulder. We then see Moxley again and hes bleeding. So either something happened of screen or hes bleeding due to a spear :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I just saw it. Its crazy. Its a nothing match. And it wasnt even anything big that I could see. From what I could see, there was a dive through him taking him outside with the other competitors (so all four crashed)
Cesaro gets taken away and smashed with a chair to his shoulder. We then see Moxley again and hes bleeding. So either something happened of screen or hes bleeding due to a spear :lol:
Just for the comedy value I want someone to challenge him to a first blood match. Easiest win ever.