Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Zen

600 and 750£ for combo tickets for SD and MITB frontish areas :lol:

Nah im good
How come tickets for absolutely everything cost shedloads nowadays? I mean, what is going on? It was easier to get ECW tickets in the 90's than anything nowadays (a massive exaggeration maybe, but yeah).

Shits wild now. Although it seems reasonably priced in Japan and I might go in the first two weeks of March while I'm there...

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Is the 'buy a tickets' button on the O2 website not working for anyone else too?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I think it's absolutely hilarious the opinion on FTR from the IWC has shifted so much. Couple months ago they were the most over tag team arguably in the world, collecting belts for fun and absolute darlings of the IWC. Skip a couple months and (no longer) uncle Dax teases a WWE return a few times and it's 'WTF I hate FTR now'. It's so fecking transparent :lol:

Sylar

People really really were adamant Cody Rhodes would be booed eh? And it's not even been close to that :lol:

Sylar

That dynamite rating was not good eh? And probably due to the show given

The ppv will probably be awesome like it usually is but damn has the build up been meh.

And I remember being told Jarrett was being used for a one off to put over Darby (Darby didn't even pin him)
Jeff Jarrett in a tag title match on ppv in 2023. If that's not bad enough aew has him on basically every show :lol:

Aew is missing something. They (tk) just isn't having a good time with it. And it's reflecting. It seems a mess mostly. Most there hardly have a character or much development in terms of their character.
The womens division is a mess. Hopefully they don't put the title on Saraya.

Side note, I do find it funny how they rave like the observer awards are some big thing when it's mostly voted by subscribers who will push towards aew anyway.

Saying all that, as I said, the ppv will probably be awesome.

Ekeke

Looking forward to the pay per view, but havent been my favourite few weeks of AEW previously.

I hope theres some new exciting directions coming out of the ppv

The Hilton

First AEW PPV in a while that I'm probably not going to buy, as I'm just not very bothered about most of the matches.

MJF vs Danielson is interesting, and could go either way, and the women's triple threat could be good, but the rest are either an obvious or hard to care about (or both in several cases). The biggest build has been for one of the worst offenders, Mox vs Hangman, who are battling to be the most stale character in wrestling.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
First AEW PPV in a while that I'm probably not going to buy, as I'm just not very bothered about most of the matches.

MJF vs Danielson is interesting, and could go either way, and the women's triple threat could be good, but the rest are either an obvious or hard to care about (or both in several cases). The biggest build has been for one of the worst offenders, Mox vs Hangman, who are battling to be the most stale character in wrestling.
I'd be surprised if the women's triple threat was good. Hayter is good. Paige is glacial in the ring now and Ruby is average as it gets.

MJF/Bryan should be good. The rest is fairly uninspired.

The Hilton

I'd be surprised if the women's triple threat was good. Hayter is good. Paige is glacial in the ring now and Ruby is average as it gets.

MJF/Bryan should be good. The rest is fairly uninspired.
I dunno, I think there's potential for a good story in the women's triple threat, not saying it definitely will be but there's potential there, especially given how good Hayter is.

cyberman

So Dave reporting it wasn’t water at all thrown at a child but tequila that went into his eyes.
MJF is a dickhead plain and simple and there has to be consequences for this.
What an absolute feck up

Bwuk

So Dave reporting it wasn’t water at all thrown at a child but tequila that went into his eyes.
What an absolute feck up
Even if it had been water - beyond stupid to do in 2023.

Ekeke

The tequila is bad. But before lockdown there were wrestlers spitting water at audience members. I thought that was disgusting before covid...

If it was water boohoo, but it wasnt. So now its an issue

cyberman

The tequila is bad. But before lockdown there were wrestlers spitting water at audience members. I thought that was disgusting before covid...

If it was water boohoo, but it wasnt. So now its an issue
It was always an issue. This is why you can’t throw liquid at kids faces because you don’t know what you’re throwing.
Plus the whole assaulting a kid thing

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
What an absolute feck up
ffs I shouldn't laugh :lol:

The Hilton

Was an awesome PPV from top to bottom really, thought the main event stole the show, it was brilliant, to the point that by the end I honestly had no idea who was winning it (even though I went into the match certain).

Even the Texas Deathmatch, which I genuinely rolled my eyes about when it was announced, was really well done and even though the winner was obvious, they made it good enough to not really matter.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I lynseen clips and highlights but looked a really good PPV from what I saw. Will watch properly on my day off.

Sylar

Finally watched Revolution. Really good PPV. The Trios match was fantastic. So glad for the House. Right winners.

The way the crowd went silent when the Gunns got the pinfall :lol:
Main event was fantastic. Danielson is still (easily) one of the best in the world.

All the young guys winning was the right move. AEW tv shows have been meh mostly, and not making much sense. Feckin Jeff Jarrett on tv and PPV in 2023. But they always deliver in the PPV and cant fault the winners and decisions from the PPV.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Will watch the main event tomorrow but the rest of the ppv has been top drawer.

That Texas Death match was the most brutal thing I've seen in a while. Certainly in a major promotion. Nutters.

Trios match was as crisp as anything you'll see. House of Black are cool af.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I am very glad I watched Revolution spoiler-free, because that is as good a show as there will ever be.

I’ve been getting a bit tardy with keeping up with AEW. The long gap between their final PPV of the previous year and the first PPV of the following year is always too great and kills momentum. Things should really get exciting after that show though.

Sylar

That Texas Death match was the most brutal thing I've seen in a while. Certainly in a major promotion. Nutters.

Trios match was as crisp as anything you'll see. House of Black are cool af.
Agree with both points here.
The death match is what you expect with a name like that. It was brutal and my only criticism is from what happened before it. The element of blood would have a bigger impact if mox wasn't bleeding from being speared or being put in a headlock etc.

House of black needed that win too. But agree their presentation is fantastic. Julia looked fantastic too and the way she took the v trigger was something else.

I really hope they present omega as a singles star again (sorta like new Japan does) and stop having him come out with all the dorks

Ekeke

Looking forward to Hobbs Vs. Wardlow

They're what you want your heavyweights to look like and in that way a bit different for AEW. Wardlow can athletically seemingly do anything even though he's pretty big. Hobbs is truly huge and one of few that could physically dominate Wardlow.

Hope they knock it out of the park with a really good match and announce themselves both as proper main eventers

Sylar

Qt marshall :lol:

Jeez... And Jeff Jarrett in a title match next week. :wenger:

Zen

Went to a NJPW event last week, 51st anniversary show.... that was pretty fun. Ospreay ultra protected, just a few minutes action in his tag match, but was told by the guys by us who are ultra fans, he's likely next in line, either the current Cup or the G1. But saying that Okada put in a great shift in his tag team main event. What a guy.