The real arrogance appears to be from the England haters

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
  • Acting as if England fans haven't thought and been pretty outspoken about England being shit for the past decade+, despite hanging around an England team's forum
  • Making poorly timed threads on said English team's forum - disgusting really, have some respect
  • Can't just be happy for people
  • Using terrible points to mock England such as 'scraping wins' despite smashing everyone
  • Not mocking the German girl and therefore not contributing to her new found wealth

:D

I had my tears ready yesterday. Was hoping England go out, and the camera pans to a 40+ year old man crying his eyes out.

that was my pension plan.

cyberman

The insecurity with English fans needs to stop. Literally every other team that isnt an underdog gets this treatment, feck knows why you would think England are a special case on here.
Hell Utd gets shit on after a win by their own fans on here and by a lot of the English fans who are acting so precuous. I know this is a pisstake but its too much

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm surprised about the England hate tbh, I find it weird enough the amount of oppo fans we have on this forum but seems a lot of members while they're United supporters hate the English? To me that's like me supporting Real Madrid but hating the Spanish. Don't get it at all

Matthew84!

I've found this site shocking after England won, I honestly thought there would be alot more people happy with the result rather than picking holes in the win.
I didn't see this many threads pop up after Italy won, so much bitterness in seeing England finally reach a final.

Reactions: 711

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
  • Acting as if England fans haven't thought and been pretty outspoken about England being shit for the past decade+, despite hanging around an England team's forum
  • Making poorly timed threads on said English team's forum - disgusting really, have some respect
  • Using terrible points to mock England such as 'scraping wins' despite smashing everyone
  • Not mocking the German girl and therefore not contributing to her new found wealth
Agreed. Great post Veeva!

Kag

Anti-English sentiment has been rampant on this forum for a long time, and it has generally been allowed to go unchecked. I say this as one of the least patriotic people I know. All a bit strange.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm surprised about the England hate tbh, I find it weird enough the amount of oppo fans we have on this forum but seems a lot of members while they're United supporters hate the English? To me that's like me supporting Real Madrid but hating the Spanish. Don't get it at all
Weird isn't it? Is it jealousy?

TrueRed79

People don't hate the English team, it's the fans that are disliked. Only because when they travel abroad a lot of them act like gutter trash and i have seen it with my own eyes. And you can say it's only a minority blah blah blah but it's still true. Probably a wind up thread but i don't care.

Withnail

Where is this idea that people hate the English coming from? I think you'd be hard pressed to find many posters who actually hate English people.

Any bit of criticism and it's you're all bitter and hate England.

charlenefan

Where is this idea that people hate the English coming from? I think you'd be hard pressed to find many posters who actually hate English people.

see the post above yours

and that wasn't even necessarily what I meant in my post anyway but it seems it is the case

TrueRed79

see the post above yours

and that wasn't even necessarily what I meant in my post anyway but it seems it is the case
It's hard to like the English fans. I do not dislike English people. Both can be true.

its utterly bizarre.

Manchester United is a a club that prides itself on bringing through local talent, ergo will always have young English lads playing for them.

no one is saying an overseas fan needs to support England - but the pure hatred of a country where the club you purport to support is actually beyond my comprehension.

thankfully it’s limited to this forum, and bears to relation to the real world.

let’s remember many of these so called ‘fans’ will be back to slagging off every United player in a few weeks time.

some people are just full of hate and bile.

izec

Both sides are a bit annoying. The English finally close to tasting some success and being a bit cocky and then the Irish/Scottish and foreign fanbase shitting all over it. Juvenile behaviour all around, nothing new.

Withnail

see the post above yours

That poster is talking in particular about the portion of travelling fans that cause trouble though. I doubt they actually hate England or all English people.

Either way not wanting a country to win a sporting event does not equate to hate as far as I'm concerned.

RUCK4444

Your feeding them fuel :wenger:

Viral United

I totally agree what you have said, but your emphasis to 'England team's forum' is not right. This forum is bigger than just England team's forum.

Posh Red

Its not just criticism is it. I’ve read plenty of nastiness for the last few weeks, with plenty of generalisations thrown in about the English. And tonnes of posters are gutted that England are progressing. How is that criticism?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it’s quite shocking to read. hate breeds hate. i’m normally quite reserved but after having to wade through all the dane praising and the england bashing i’m off to get blind drunk and throw up in a zizzi’s, before smashing up the cars at the local volvo garage.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
After the final on Sunday, either the England fans or the "ABEs" will have a lot of fun and that what it's all about!

If you don't give a shit about the result, football is a lot less fun.

kirk buttercup

Weird isn't it? Is it jealousy?
Im Not Jealous . But it wasnt a very pleasent experience in my teens when England played Ireland in Lansdowne Road and they ripped the stadium up . I was a teenager and I was spat at by Hooligans on the way into the stadium while they Shouted at me no Surrender to the IRA .

So do I have anything against the English ? No I have friends and Family that are English and we have a great time together . Do I have anything against the team ? No. I like most of the players and watch them all pretty much week in week out. Do I want them to win ? It wont change my life in the slightest and its a long time coming . Do I like their fans? I would Imagine 95 % Are passionate supporters that I could easily have a beer with and it Would be nice for them to have their day in the sun. But the 5% that I had the displeasure of witnessing and encountering I hope they never get to celebrate anything because they give England a bad name. They are Scum. ( and Im sure other nations have similar so its not just the english )

charlenefan

That poster is talking in particular about the portion of travelling fans that cause trouble though. I doubt they actually hate England or all English people.

Either way not wanting a country to win a sporting event does not equate to hate as far as I'm concerned.
No he's not he's already clarified it already by saying it's the England fans and besides there's not one singular group of fans that travel, one English person could travel abroad and act like a tit but never go anywhere ever again, there may be another that travels for every game and acts like a tit every time and they'll obviously be those that travel and cause no problems whatsoever

Anyway again I was even necessarily suggesting people do hate the entire nation and you're taking the word hate to literally, replace it with dislike if you want but my point is the same you have non English people supporting an English football team who apparently hate/loath/dislike/aren't fond of of English fans, makes no sense to me but whatever

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Well, first of all England is mocked and 'hated' on here on a daily basis by the Englishmen too. Now that they happen to achieve something is different it seems. The Caf has always been United>England.

Secondly, people on the continent dislike England for their behaviour during away trips and general arrogance, not football.

And I think most of us have a soft spot for England since we have United players there. It doesn't mean we have to be blind supporters.

Lastly, on the one hand you've got the English posters saying they thrive under hate and love it and you've got people who are crying because of that. Which one is right?

Last edited:

Withnail

No he's not he's already clarified it already by saying it's the England fans and besides there's not one singular group of fans that travel, one English person could travel abroad and act like a tit but never go anywhere ever again, there may be another that travels for every game and acts like a tit every time and they'll obviously be those that travel and cause no problems whatsoever

Anyway again I was even necessarily suggesting people do hate the entire nation and you're taking the word hate to literally, replace it with dislike if you want but my point is the same you have non English people supporting an English football team who apparently hate/loath/dislike/aren't fond of of English fans, makes no sense to me but whatever
Ok and I'm not picking on you in particular but hate is getting thrown around a lot since yesterday and I think it's a bit strong.

My opinion on the pen has been called into question because I'm Irish, for example.

Hate does not mean dislike and not wanting your close neighbour to win a sporting event is nothing new.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
After the final on Sunday, either the England fans or the "ABEs" will have a lot of fun and that what it's all about!

If you don't give a shit about the result, football is a lot less fun.
Pretty much this. I don't get why is it so hard to understand.

R'hllor

Regardless of sides, its clear for everyone to see, Brexit was that spark that ignited Englands national team success and there is much more to come in the future, Sunday Europe champions, Monday whole world on Englands scope.

Swedish_Plumber

I think the English fans are mostly only having fun at experiencing another good run in a major tournament. And I can understand the English pundits getting swept up in the atmosphere too.
There are some elements that can be hard to take as a Scotsman. Many comments from pundits and commentators cross over from enjoying these moments to just plainly arrogant and absurd. Matterface was on one last night with his Covid comments and Rio just came across plainly arrogant the night before.
Thing is I’ve always wanted the English side to do well since I can remember (this one is by far the most likeable), the media can make that a tough task at times. I was down in London for the Scotland game and all the English fans I came across were great.

Reactions: VeevaVee

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The arrogance come from the english imo. Have you guys ever won a medal without home advantage?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Rivalry is part of football lads. If you win the Euros and you have a great chance, surely the victory will taste all the sweeter knowing all the rival fans it will wind up?

What's gas is that the English arrogance doesn't really come out in singing "It's coming home" or anything like that, but in this faux naive, wounded "why isn't everyone as pleased England are doing well as we are?" routine.

tomaldinho1

English self depreciating humour and acceptance of our historically underperforming national team coupled with the genuine reality that we actually might win something is the perfect storm of confusion for us. I can’t tell if I’m proud, cocky, scared or simply waiting for the inevitable disappointment before going back to laughing as Southgate memes and drunken conversations about team selection.

It’s coming home.

Dorris

Well, first of all England is mocked and 'hated' on here on a daily basis by the Englishmen too. Now that they happen to achieve something is different it seems. The Caf has always been United>England.

Secondly, people on the continent dislike England for their behaviour during away trips and general arrogance, not football.

And I think most of us have a soft spot for England since we have United players there. It doesn't mean we have to be blind supporters.

Lastly, on the one hand you've got the English posters saying they thrive under hate and love it and you've got people who are crying because of that. Which one is right?
I think you lack any real understanding of the average English person if you think we’re an arrogant bunch. We’re well known for our self depreciation.

charlenefan

the highlighted sentence is very contradictory

to be clear though you're talking to someone who isn't patriotic at all so it doesn't bother me whatsoever if people dislike the English

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
English self depreciating humour and acceptance of our historically underperforming national team coupled with the genuine reality that we actually might win something is the perfect storm of confusion for us. I can’t tell if I’m proud, cocky, scared or simply waiting for the inevitable disappointment before going back to laughing as Southgate memes and drunken conversations about team selection.

It’s coming home.
This post is a good un, fairplay :lol: