The Real Caftards Fantasy League 2010/11

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Sounds like you're going to have fun... my vacation is going to consist of family at the 'Jersey Shore' - not quite as elegant. :p

Married life is ... well... better this time around. Still trying to get used to the loud way these italian women communicate. It's mostly good - more than I could hope for.

I'm now running two companies... busy, busy, busy... been thinking that I'll do the same as you with the FF. I don't have the time to research the players and club news. (That's what I say now, but I'm sure I'll get swept into the competitive spirit once it begins)

Gotta get ready for the show...
We're hooked on MTV's Jersey Shore TV programme....you'll have fun if it's anything like that.

Chrisjn

Who will get more points this season, Toure or Placious?!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
pm me the codes

Also can i suggest that we should have a head to head league based on the premier league ie each side plays against each side twice ?

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
We're hooked on MTV's Jersey Shore TV programme....you'll have fun if it's anything like that.
That location on the tv show is 3-4 miles south along the barrier island from where I grew up. It is like that...

Disclaimer: The people that are locals are not like that... for the most-part. There are lots of Italians from NYC area that visit for the summer. It's one of the primary reasons why I no longer live there.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I would like the code if I could.

Unfortunately, my team name is not my username. Made it a while back.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Sorry I too was out of town this past weekend and was busy during the week.. I shall help Cling this week..
Poor effort!
Thanks to Cling for holding fort in my absence.

Also can i suggest that we should have a head to head league based on the premier league ie each side plays against each side twice ?
You can suggest it but it is quite clearly a crap idea !

I would like the code if I could.

Unfortunately, my team name is not my username. Made it a while back.
In that case you can't have it - your team name must be your Caf username - you can change your team name at any time in the 'Team Details' section of the admin panel.

Anyone who has not followed the team name rules will have their team deleted.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Everyone should have the code now - repost here if you havent.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
In that case you can't have it - your team name must be your Caf username - you can change your team name at any time in the 'Team Details' section of the admin panel.

Anyone who has not followed the team name rules will have their team deleted.
Changed it to my username now.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
Not teams specifically but it is possible to mention players who have caught your eye for the price.

Adam Johnson @ 6.5m
M Petrov @ 6m
Zigic @ 6m
Jagielka @ 5.5m

That'll do for starters

Oh and which Liverpool players if any do you consider picking?

Do any of you actually choose any United midfielders now Ronaldo has gone?

Who's gonna be your first choice RB?

Who's gonna partner Vidic while Rio sits out most of the season, Evans or Smalling?

Big season for Berbatov?

Who's Stoke's first choice keeper? Sorenson or Begovic? Begovic played when Sorenson got injured but is he now considered first choice?

Have you picked any City players bearing in mind none of them bar Tevez are much good and due to the size of their squad willbe rotated a lot?

Etc etc.

There's a lot more to talk about it a fantasy footy thread than a code request.

So let's have it.

Havak

Pokemon master
Gareth Bale at 6.5m seems a good choice to me. I can see Valencia giving a good return from 8.5m, but would it be smarter to go for Nani at 8m? Darren Bent is only 8.5m, he scored 24 League goals last season, and the season before he still got 12 League goals. He's a safe bet for goals and will almost always be picked by Sunderland when fit.

I think Brad Friedel is one of the better keepers to go for. Consistent, only 6m, second highest score last season.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I've got Nani and put him as my captain. I reckon he'll get a fair few assists and 10+ goals + the clean sheets which should get a nice amount of points. I've also put Evans in, 5.5m for a likely guranteed starter up until Rio comes back. Got Rooney up front as well, assuming he'll continue his prolific goal scoring like last season.

Viper KGB

Osman @ 6.0 is good value for me, always racks up a few points

Tevez @ 10.5 will get goals and one of the only players that are sure to start for City.

Agree with Jagielka and Evans being good buys

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
Gareth Bale at 6.5m seems a good choice to me. I can see Valencia giving a good return from 8.5m, but would it be smarter to go for Nani at 8m? Darren Bent is only 8.5m, he scored 24 League goals last season, and the season before he still got 12 League goals. He's a safe bet for goals and will almost always be picked by Sunderland when fit.

I think Brad Friedel is one of the better keepers to go for. Consistent, only 6m, second highest score last season.
I rarely if ever go about 5m for a keeper as there are good points scorers for that money and the difference between a good 6 and a good 5 isn't worth the extra mill in my opinion.

If Bale was a defender rather than a midfielder he would be a shoe-in for me but at that price I'd rather some others.

Is Andy Carroll gonna punch his weight in the PL? For 5m he's worth a punt alright.

Kuyt is a midfielder, is Roy gonna play him as a forward to partner Torres or play when he isn't available?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If you could send me the link and code, much appreciated x

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
My faith in the Caf is rewarded as the vast majority (50+ so far) have managed to follow the Team Name rule - however 3 people have failed in this simple task and these teams will be deleted:

JAYO'SLUCKYELEVEN J McDaid!....!!
No Money Mo Problems Shane Cooney
SotongTits Jesse Mach