The Reality Draft - SF: antohan vs The Red Viper

Who will win with players at their peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs

............................ Team @antohan ...................................................................... Team @The Red Viper ...............................................

Team Changed. Raul subbed for Vieiri Score: antohan 10 - 10 the Red Viper

TEAM antohan

TACTICS
While in the previous game I was happy fielding an exceptionally high line, it's clearly too risky here so we will build from a strong base and rely on quick transitions with exceptional attacking players.

There's plenty of room for a "throw-the-kitchen-sink" Plan B here, I just don't think it's necessary but it's worth bearing that in mind. I can't see any credible kitchen sink that can be thrown at me if needs be, not one that can't be dealt with competently.

IN POSSESSION
It's pretty self-explanatory as all players are in roles they are well suited to and where they thrived. Baggio is loving this '94-style. Nedved will roam in that left-to-centre area, playmaking and going deep down the flank occasionally, but can cross and play beautiful balls from anywhere. By assigning Amoros to the right flank, Boniek is given the freedom that best utilises him terrorising defences on the break and probing across the backline.

Manuel will be the only defender pushing forward and will cross from deep or make the overlapping runs he was best known for. While Amoros is away, the others form a back three effortlessly. Both Effenberg and Neeskens will have more freedom too, not to go all gung-ho but to get really involved in support and making the occasional surging runs. They are both intelligent, strong-willed and dogged midfielders that will dominate the centre of the pitch.

Finally, I picked Rául ahead of Vieri, which was a tough call, but unfortunately for Bobo TRVs defence is not one that will be seen easily beaten aerially (he still averaged a goal a game against beastly Italian defences, but that's how this works: good header vs. good header = no goal, for some reason). Raúl will be much harder for them to deal with and his interaction with Nedved and Baggio is bound to be :drool:

Free-flowing attacking moves aside, this is the kind of goal we are also expecting from him here:

WHEN POSSESSION IS LOST
As mentioned, I won't be playing a high line by default as before, but the defence will still aim to keep no sizable gaps between the lines. It's also a defence that is very well protected, rarely have we seen a midfield so well suited to protect their back four: Nedved-Effenberg-Neeskens-Boniek :eek: All four midfielders are excellent at their pressing game and will be onto TRVs men like a rash.

WHY I WILL WIN
Quality across the board, a side that works seamlessly together and GOAT-level excellence in critical roles. The game can be controlled and gradually but surely taken down the path of victory. And if luck or other "outside influences" require that we go up a gear, we can: just look at our bench and his!

2-0/3-1 this

PLAYER PROFILES

____________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAM The Red Viper

THE TEAM

We will play a 4-2-1-3 formation. Oliver Kahn is the goalkeeper. Willy Sagnol and Sergi Barjuán would be the full-backs. Gaetano Scirea and Jaap Stam would form the central defence. Gaetano Scirea would play in his natural role as a sweeper while Jaap Stam would be the stopper. The midfield comprises of a three man midfield of Marcel Desailly, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Rui Costa. Marcel Desailly would be the defensive midfielder/enforcer who would look to break the plays and win back the possession for us. Marcel Desailly would play the same role he did for AC Milan in the nineties. Bastian Schweinsteiger would play as the central midfielder while Rui Costa would play as a number ten/attacking midfielder.

The attacking triumvirate comprises of Thierry Henry, Samuel Eto'o and Arjen Robben. Samuel Eto'o would lead the lines and look to play on the shoulders of the last defender. Arjen Robben would play as a right wing forward in a free role. It would be similar to the role he plays at Bayern Munich where he takes on his man by isolating him in one-on-one situations. Thierry Henry would play off Samuel Eto'o as the left sided second striker. A role, similar to what he played under Pep Guardiola's Barcelona but here, he would have more freedom since he is the main man in attack. Throughout his career, he loved drifting out wide on the left and then attacking that space between the right back and right centre back. Here, he would do the same as well. Most of his trademark goals, especially the ones from the counters have usually come from that flank.

THE TACTICS

We would play a normal back-line. Gaetano Scirea would initiate attacks from the back. Whenever Gaetano Scirea would his trademark attacking runs from the defence, Marcel Desailly would cover for him. Under Fabio Capello's AC Milan, Marcel Desailly was a beast of a defensive midfielder. He was a master at breaking the attacks and covering the back-four. He would do the same role here as well. Antohan would most likely start with Roberto Baggio playing in the hole. If he does, then having someone like Marcel Desailly would be crucial because of his experience both as a centre back and as a defensive midfielder. Marcel Desailly can deal with someone like Roberto Baggio quite well because he would be equally comfortable either dropping deep and becoming the third centre back when Roberto Baggio plays in and around the box or pushing forward to keep track of Roberto Baggio when he drops deep.

I doubt Antohan would start Raúl as the main striker. It will most probably be Christian Vieri. In Jaap Stam, there is a player who had the power and strength to not only match Vieri's physical play but also negate it to a good extent. At the same time, both Jaap Stam and Sergi would keep a close eye on that space between them which someone like Zibì Boniek likes to attack. They will ensure there ain't much space in that zone for Zibì Boniek to exploit. Bastian Schweinsteiger would help Sergi out while dealing against Zibì Boniek, especially when Amoros overlaps. This way, we would ensure Sergi doesn't get outnumbered on that flank.

I'm expecting Antohan to start with a midfield duo of Johan Neeskens and Stefan Effenberg. Two very good central midfielders but neither of them were exactly holding midfielders/defensive midfielders. While Johan Neeskens was a complete central midfielder and can be used in that role, his best was alongside another holding midfielder which mostly used to be Arie Haan. If Antohan uses him there, he will be restricting Johan Neeskens big time. Rui Costa would play in a very advanced position and exploit that free space between the central defence and central midfield, and there would be plenty since there is no natural holding midfielder in Antohan's team. Samuel Eto'o would press Thiago Silva when he is in possession. We will make sure the transition of his team isn't quick and as a result one of Johan Neeskens or Stefan Effenberg drops deep regularly to provide another option to pass to.

If Antohan has Amoros play normally like he does, then his defence would be under huge threat from counters as it would be Thierry Henry, Samuel Eto'o and Arjen Robben up against Ciro Ferrara, Thiago Silva and Eric Abidal most of the times on counters. One on one, all three of Thierry Henry, Samuel Eto'o and Arjen Robben have the pace and penetration to exploit that defence. Eric Abidal is a good defender but he doesn't have a good experience against Arjen Robben. Even though Real Madrid lost that game 2-6 against Barcelona, I specifically remember Arjen Robben tormenting Eric Abidal throughout that game. Eric Abidal had no clue how to handle him. I have posted Arjen Robben's compilation from that game against Eric Abidal, below. If Antohan has Pavel Nedved tracking back to help Eric Abidal out against Arjen Robben, Willy Sagnol would overlap and ensure Arjen Robben has support on the outside. This would mean, Pavel Nedved then has to keep track of Willy Sagnol as he can't let Willy Sagnol to cross freely from those dangerous attacking positions.

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Abidal = Thuram... argument destroyed in one video. Is that Abidal post cancer?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Really like antohan's midfield there. So bloody well balanced. Would have preferred Vieri to spearhead the attack though, but can understand why Raul has started over him, being more slippery and able to combine intelligently with the likes of Baggio, Boniek and Nedved. Can actually see the team being perfectly capable of carrying out the quick transition plays that antohan wants them to do.

TRV's team look a bit top heavy to me. Henry and Robben on paper is just :drool: but I just don't think both Henry and Robben will function very well together in the same team esp with Rui Costa there. They aren't going to contribute too much defensively meaning Sagnol and Sergi are going to be rather conservative here and you can see antohan just narrowing his team to deal more effectively against with 2 inside-fowards who love cutting in. Pity you lost Scholes, can see a midfield trio of Desailly, Schweinsteiger and Scholes with a forward trio of Henry, Eto'o and Robben working perfectly well.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
- TRV has the advantage in his loaded front line which can take advantage of lack of a dedicated DM in anto's lineup.
- With Nedved & Boniek, anto has excellant advantage in wide arease in bringing the ball forward. If either of TRV's full backs get caught forward, they'll get severely punished by anto's wingers.

mmmmm.....

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
TRV's team look a bit top heavy to me. Henry and Robben on paper is just :drool: but I just don't think both Henry and Robben will function very well together in the same team esp with Rui Costa there.
Why is that? Unlike most other AM's, Rui Costa is well capable of operating from deeper in the midfield. I think he is perfect for this role, drop and link with Schweini or move forward to support the attack.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I could produce far more videos on Sergi looking like a Second Division defender, and he is dealing with the double threat of Amoros and Zibi Boniek. Sergi is odds on to have a mare here, not Abidal.

It should also be noted for all the running, dribbling and "destroying", it all amounts to much of a muchness and Robben's team lost 5-2 on the day. Mine is a far tighter setup here and I struggle to see how Robben and Henry will find so much space in TRVs counter-attacking setup when I'm largely controlling the game with two banks of hard-working players, four defenders and four midfielders.

I notice we get the same old "used to be good with a DM next to him" which is getting fashionable in these drafts. Anyone seriously thinking a midfield pair of Effenberg and Neeskens with Nedved and Boniek either side of them needs a dedicated DM seriously needs his head checked.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Why is that? Unlike most other AM's, Rui Costa is well capable of operating from deeper in the midfield. I think he is perfect for this role, drop and link with Schweini or move forward to support the attack.
Yup but I guess someone who is primarily more of an attacking midfielder than a No 10 like Iniesta or Scholes would have been better for that role imo. Rui Costa is like a No 10 who can do a decent job dropping back to form a midfield trio for me. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on the maestro but that is just what I feel.

antohan

Really like antohan's midfield there. So bloody well balanced. Would have preferred Vieri to spearhead the attack though, but can understand why Raul has started over him, being more slippery and able to combine intelligently with the likes of Baggio, Boniek and Nedved. Can actually see the team being perfectly capable of carrying out the quick transition plays that antohan wants them to do.
There's a further reason in Raúl's pressing the outball from Scirea. He was a very committed and competitive player, who had a good stint at wingback in his early days at Real.

Amid all the talk of counterattacking against a side not offering the space to do so, TRV conveniently ignores he struggles to get an outball from deep. Not from Stam, not from Desailly, and Scirea will be hard-pressed by Raúl. The only one in my team arsing around is Baggio, and I don't mind since Desailly will do nothing with the ball that I should worry about, while upon recovery Baggio on the loose is a far more worrying prospect.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I could produce far more videos on Sergi looking like a Second Division defender, and he is dealing with the double threat of Amoros and Zibi Boniek. Sergi is odds on to have a mare here, not Abidal.

It should also be noted for all the running, dribbling and "destroying", it all amounts to much of a muchness and Robben's team lost 5-2 on the day. Mine is a far tighter setup here and I struggle to see how Robben and Henry will find so much space in TRVs counter-attacking setup when I'm largely controlling the game with two banks of hard-working players, four defenders and four midfielders.

I notice we get the same old "used to be good with a DM next to him" which is getting fashionable in these drafts. Anyone seriously thinking a midfield pair of Effenberg and Neeskens with Nedved and Boniek either side of them needs a dedicated DM seriously needs his head checked.
Its definitely balanced.. those two widemen are basically midfielders in terms of work-rate.

antohan

- TRV has the advantage in his loaded front line which can take advantage of lack of a dedicated DM in anto's lineup.
- With Nedved & Boniek, anto has excellant advantage in wide arease in bringing the ball forward. If either of TRV's full backs get caught forward, they'll get severely punished by anto's wingers.

mmmmm.....
They'll get punished regardless. Boniek and Nedved don't need Sergi and Sagnol to get caught out to have them beat all game long.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
A minor point but I don't like that arrow on Rui Costa. It wasn't his game to drive into the box and score goals - he rarely did and he doesn't need to here. And it leaves Schweinsteiger looking somewhat stranded in his absence.

antohan

I'm basically playing against a side
  • with poorer fullbacks, which must be said when the emphasis of TRVs entire strategy seems to be a clip from one game
  • less nuanced in the various ways it can go about attacking
  • that relies on counters despite not being offered the exposed space to execute them
  • no transition from the back bar a hard-pressed Scirea,
  • if Desailly is on Baggio that leaves Schweini + Rui Costa vs Effenberg and Neeskens, good luck with that
  • he basically has four passengers upfront waiting for a ball to arrive... somehow
Now look at my team and tell me you don't know exactly how it will dominate the centre of the pitch, both flanks, and torment his defence all game.

antohan

A minor point but I don't like that arrow on Rui Costa. It wasn't his game to drive into the box and score goals - he rarely did and he doesn't need to here. And it leaves Schweinsteiger looking somewhat stranded in his absence.
Schweinsteiger IS completely stranded and his fullbacks unprotected.

The arrows are supposed to show attacking intent and firepower, but the fact is TRV has four chaps arsing around there waiting for a ball to arrive, while the other 6 are getting shat on and can't get any balls, let alone pass them.

VivaJanuzaj

Two superb teams, Would've preferred to see @antohan start with Vieri over Raul. I understand the reasoning for it, but I just think Vieri would've had a better time against Stam and Scirea, especially with Desailly as the DM.
Two cracking sides, Boniek vs Sergi is the obvious mismatch here, and I agree with antohan completely that he doesn't need any real DMs with this midfield's work rate, against any side let alone this one.

I do love TRV's Scirea-Stam-Sagnol with Desailly covering, I'm not too sure why Desailly is as RDM and not on the left to help covering for Sergi, something Henry wouldn't do.
Antohan's only relative "weakness" is the defense, and while I see him dominating the match TRV's counter could be deadly with that front three against three or four of Anto's defenders.

Will give it some more thoughts later..

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Thoughts:
  • Robben will trouble Abidal.
  • Henry will trouble Ferrara.
  • Boniek will trouble Sergi.
  • Desailly is clearly doing a job on Baggio so Schweinsteiger is going to struggle to control that midfield.
  • Rui Costa's arrow as already stated isn't really what he is all about, and it plays into Anto's hands.
  • I could see Vieri bullying Scirea in the air, but with Stam and Desailly hulking around, it makes sense to give Raul his spot. And he will link well with Baggio. I can envisage Raul crossing across the centre-half into the inside-left channel, and Baggio making the run across from the inside-left channel into the centre. They both made those runs regularly as individuals and here, together, they will dovetail beautifully.
  • Losing Scholes here could be the difference for TRV.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Expected Vieri to be on the pitch instead of Raul too.

4 shiny-names passengers up front, great defensive midfielder and box-to-box and a weak left back against a hardworking, yet vastly talented opposition? I have a deja vu. And anto's threat on the right flank is more highlighted than mine was.

Sorry, @The Red Viper, went with anto here. I really believe that Robben and Henry would've gained from having a real winger on the other side of the pitch. And I do not rate Rui Costa as high as most of you here, I feel.

antohan

Antohan's only relative "weakness" is the defense, and while I see him dominating the match TRV's counter could be deadly with that front three against three or four of Anto's defenders.
Dominating a match doesn't mean you will expose yourself defensively. Regardless of this, I don't see why a three of Abidal - Thiago - Ferrara would have any problems, let alone with Amoros around, or that midfield in front of them.

Thiago has been far and away the best defender around for half a decade and Ferrara was immense for Juve. I'd actually rate that pairing as a more complimentary one than Scirea-Stam. Particularly when there are attacking fullbacks either side, this clearly is not the setting Scirea revels in and the arrangement for Desailly to drop into defence makes you wonder: he is supposed to keep Baggio in his pocket while also running around to cover other players. That will work. Not.

Paolo Maldini four years ago said:
Certainly, Thiago shows that security that characterised Franco [Baresi] when he used to play. For one reason or another, when Baresi came off during the break or during the game, we all felt his loss and I think the same thing is happening now with Thiago, because he gives so much security at the back.

I can say that Thiago Silva has no rival in his position. He is by far the best defender in the world. It’s a compliment for me to be compared to him.
Mauro Tassotti said:
This year, Thiago had an excellent season playing at Baresi’s level, but Franco had several fantastic seasons, not only one or two, but 15 or 16 and I think that at the moment this is the only difference between the two.
Baresi said:
Thiago Silva is my heir.
It’s difficult to identify where he can still improve. He has already proven to have everything.
Nesta said:
You can't say 'I'll sell Silva and buy a similar player'. There are no similar players around, only worse ones.
But what would they know? He'll need to retire and let a couple of decades go by before Thiago Silva-Ferrara is as highly rated as Baresi-Ferrara on a draft teamsheet.

BTW, Abidal was a beast, single-game clips aside. Just remember how pumped up people were in 2009 about Barca missing Abidal and how their defence would collapse without him... Didn't quite work like that :(, but I would have him on par with Sagnol, while Amoros shits all over Sergi. Sergi wasn't even a defender but a converted winger who relied entirely on his pace, which is of little relevance when defending against Zibi Boniek.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Abidal's getting a generous review by Anto here. He's one of the better left-backs in a poor era for full-backs. I don't remember much of a clamour when he wasn't available in 2009 - think it was Alves missing that folk got more excited about.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool

TRV's team look a bit top heavy to me. Henry and Robben on paper is just :drool: but I just don't think both Henry and Robben will function very well together in the same team esp with Rui Costa there. They aren't going to contribute too much defensively meaning Sagnol and Sergi are going to be rather conservative here and you can see antohan just narrowing his team to deal more effectively against with 2 inside-fowards who love cutting in. Pity you lost Scholes, can see a midfield trio of Desailly, Schweinsteiger and Scholes with a forward trio of Henry, Eto'o and Robben working perfectly well.
Is it though?

He doesn't have a holding midfielder there. He has two guys, both of whom were very good box-box midfielders but both had their best football alongside a defensive minded midfielder. Effenberg with Hargreaves/Jeremies and Neeskens with Haan. Who tracks Rui Costa in his team?

antohan

Thoughts:
  • Robben will trouble Abidal.
  • Henry will trouble Ferrara.
  • Boniek will trouble Sergi.
Abidal's cover against Robben is Thiago Silva, Sergi's is Stam. Who has the better cover to face Robben/Boniek? Abidal. Who will need cover more regularly? Sergi.

You are ignoring Amoros BTW, Ferrara is Amoros' cover. If you are going to say Henry troubles Ferrara directly you may as well say Boniek will trouble Stam, which is, incidentally, the main reason ti hurt to leave Vieri out. I can see Sergi's cover dragging Stam all day long and leaving Vieri to bully Scirea, but can be "sorted" by swappping them and asking Scirea to provide cover, playmake and be covered by Desailly who will ask Baggio to come along so as to stay in his pocket.

• I could see Vieri bullying Scirea in the air, but with Stam and Desailly hulking around, it makes sense to give Raul his spot. And he will link well with Baggio. I can envisage Raul crossing across the centre-half into the inside-left channel, and Baggio making the run across from the inside-left channel into the centre. They both made those runs regularly as individuals and here, together, they will dovetail beautifully.
Exactly, and I couldn't describe it better myself. In fact, didn't!

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool

Why? :lol:

Its not fashionable. Its ideal. I find it staggering that the guy who was saying how it is important to have a balanced midfield and blah blah some days ago thinks its ok if you have a Neeskens and Effenberg midfield against a orthodox number ten like Rui Costa who loves to operate in that zone between the defence and midfield and with the attack that is there to support him in Henry, Robben and Eto'o, you will be getting ripped apart on counters regularly.

Robben's team lost 6-2 because of Madrid's shit defence and the fact that they were up against argualy the best front six of modern era. Robben tormented Abidal throughout the game. Abidal had no fecking clue which way to turn.

antohan

Abidal's getting a generous review by Anto here. He's one of the better left-backs in a poor era for full-backs. I don't remember much of a clamour when he wasn't available in 2009 - think it was Alves missing that folk got more excited about.
Can't be arsed to look up the threads but the consensus on here was without Abidal they would have no chance trying to stop Ronaldo. Alves was far less relevant because we were more concerned about being able to put chances away whenever the ball-hogging bastards let go of it.

It's fair to say he isn't GOAT material, but I'm putting him on par with Willy here. Let me put it another way: Abidal----------Amoros or Sergi-------Sagnol, which one would you think is less vulnerable?

Abidal>Sergi and Amoros>Sagnol. I don't think there's any room for disagreement there. Both the leftbacks face a pacey dribbler (Boniek was in fact faster, and Abidal won't be attacking so will be safer) and I'd argue Nedved is a far more dangerous player than Henry, who wasn't even a big game player and more the midtable pummelling sort.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Let me clarify what the arrow in Rui Costa meant.

Rui Costa would play in the same role he did at Fiorentina which is as a number ten. The arrow simply meant, Rui Costa would play in that zone between Thiago Silva - Ferrara and Effenberg - Neeskens. Due to the fact that neither of Effenberg and Neeskens were holding midfielder, he will get plenty of space and time on the ball. At the same time, he can always drop deep and support the midfield when we don't have the possession. He had good work-rate and was hardly like Ozil.

antohan

Is it though?

He doesn't have a holding midfielder there. He has two guys, both of whom were very good box-box midfielders but both had their best football alongside a defensive minded midfielder. Effenberg with Hargreaves/Jeremies and Neeskens with Haan. Who tracks Rui Costa in his team?
Either one can deal with Rui Costa since there's only Schweini to worry about.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Can't be arsed to look up the threads but the consensus on here was without Abidal they would have no chance trying to stop Ronaldo. Alves was far less relevant because we were more concerned about being able to put chances away whenever the ball-hogging bastards let go of it.

It's fair to say he isn't GOAT material, but I'm putting him on par with Willy here. Let me put it another way: Abidal----------Amoros or Sergi-------Sagnol, which one would you think is less vulnerable?

Abidal>Sergi and Amoros>Sagnol. I don't think there's any room for disagreement there. Both the leftbacks face a pacey dribbler (Boniek was in fact faster, and Abidal won't be attacking so will be safer) and I'd argue Nedved is a far more dangerous player than Henry, who wasn't even a big game player and more the midtable pummelling sort.
:lol:

antohan

Why? :lol:

Its not fashionable. Its ideal. I find it staggering that the guy who was saying how it is important to have a balanced midfield and blah blah some days ago thinks its ok if you have a Neeskens and Effenberg midfield against a orthodox number ten like Rui Costa
I'm not in the least bit worried about Rui Costa, never mind "tracking him". You persist in saying I'll struggle with your counter when I'm not in the least bit planning to go gung-ho and was quite clear about it from the off, not reacting.

The point on DMs was in a different context where a team played a 4-3-3 and wanted their box-to-box midfielders to really push forward. Nothing like this, it's Nedved and Boniek doing most of the pushing forward.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Amoros is obviously the top boy here. Not a lot between the other three, I'm not seeing the big difference between Sergi and Abidal. I mean Abidal was quick and strong, and anchored the Barcelona defence well when Alves went rampaging into the other half. But often as a centre-half he was a disaster (see Euro 2008).

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Yup but I guess someone who is primarily more of an attacking midfielder than a No 10 like Iniesta or Scholes would have been better for that role imo. Rui Costa is like a No 10 who can do a decent job dropping back to form a midfield trio for me. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on the maestro but that is just what I feel.
Not really.

I mean obviously, having Scholes wouyld have been great. But for this game specifically, someone like Rui Costa would enjoy more than Scholes due to Antohan's lack of a holding midfielder. Rui Costa would occuy that zone and that is one area, where he will get time and space on the ball due to Antohan's lack of holding midfielder. He has to play Neeskens in that role which completely negates Neeskens' overall impact otherwise, he would be giving this man to play freely:-

antohan

Let me clarify what the arrow in Rui Costa meant.

Rui Costa would play in the same role he did at Fiorentina which is as a number ten. The arrow simply meant, Rui Costa would play in that zone between Thiago Silva - Ferrara and Effenberg - Neeskens. Due to the fact that neither of Effenberg and Neeskens were holding midfielder, he will get plenty of space and time on the ball. At the same time, he can always drop deep and support the midfield when we don't have the possession. He had good work-rate and was hardly like Ozil.
You are still under the illusion you operate in oceans of space despite nothing in my tactics indicating you would. But yeah, carry on.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
If Costa can get the ball, then the pace of Henry, Robben and Eto'o will cause some serious issues. Big if though.

antohan

Amoros is obviously the top boy here. Not a lot between the other three, I'm not seeing the big difference between Sergi and Abidal. I mean Abidal was quick and strong, and anchored the Barcelona defence well when Alves went rampaging into the other half. But often as a centre-half he was a disaster (see Euro 2008).
He is not a centreback, he is precisely anchoring that defence while Amoros goes rampaging into the other half. It's what he did week in week out as a nailed-on starter for the most successful side of the last decade or two.

Sergi-Stam-Scirea-Sagnol is a far more vulnerable defence than mine. It's pretty clear to me at least.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Henry wasn't a big game player. In fact, he regularly choked against us.

@Anyoneelse, am I making that up?
So, just because he didn't have a great record against United, it means he wasn't a big game player? I understand the need to sell your players and underrate opposition's but that was hilarious. :D

And now that you have started it, let me remind you how notoriously inconsistent Boniek was. You make him sound like he was Best or Garrincha or Jairzinho. There is a reason he was called Bello di Notte. He was a very good player for Juve in Europe during the night games but his performances in Serie-A during the day games were far from being impressive.