Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 10/11 | Trade Deadline Update | The Lakers are 2010 Champions! | Still open to sign-ups

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ooh look at us getting ready to just miss out on the playoffs!

09/10 All Star Weekend New

nimic

something nice
Scout
09/10 All Star Weekend

Standings

Slam Dunk Challenge

Another win by @BenitoSTARR! Suck it, LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Eric Gordon.

3 Point Contest

Another Caf-dominated list of participants, with @Dr. Dwayne, @BenitoSTARR, @P-Nut, @Samid, @hobbers and @V.O.. But can they beat Kyle Korver?

1st Round (4 advance)

Martell Webster: 20
Kyle Korver: 24

23 isn't enough for Samid, he's out.

hobbers is eliminated from his first ever 3 Point Contest.

25 is enough for V.O.! He goes through with BenitoSTARR, P-Nut and Dr. Dwayne. Kyle Korver is out!

2nd Round (2 advance)

Dr. Dwayne is out, and V.O. needs at least 28!

Oof, that's not 28. It will be BenitoSTARR against P-Nut in the final round. The last time that happened was in 2005, and BenitoSTARR won by one point.

Final Round

Very good start! Can P-Nut match it?

Nope! BenitoSTARR is the 3-Point champion for the 5th time, pulling away from Kyle Korver and Solius (who missed out due to injury)

All Star Game

@BenitoSTARR, @hobbers, @V.O. and @Samid return for the East. @Solius barely misses out due to injury.

@P-Nut, @altodevil, @oneniltothearsenal and @Dr. Dwayne return for the West, and @Salt Bailly makes his All Star debut at the tender age of 32.

hobbers

Not exactly taking the East by storm are we. Had similar numbers with the Bobtwats

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hear nimic had to move to Fiji on very short notice.

09/10 End of Regular Season & Playoff Bracket New

nimic

something nice
Scout
09/10 End of Regular Season

@Dan has fallen down the stairs. As a result his overall rating has dropped to 58.

Final Regular Season Standings

East: Of the four Cafite teams who made it, two are in great form (@V.O.'s Nets and @BenitoSTARR's Knicks), and two aren't (@hobbers' Celtics and @weetee's Hawks). That might give us an indication of how the playoffs are going to play out. I'd be worried about those Wizards either way, though.

@Dan missed out barely, fittingly going 50 wins since the last update and 50% for the entire season (though of course he'd be injured for the full playoffs and more anyway). @sebsheep and @Skizzo were never going to make it, but they made a much better impression towards the end of the season regardless. @Samid, @Solius and @reelworld made a different kind of impression.

West: @altodevil and @P-Nut seem to be serious contenders in the West. @Stobzilla's Spurs took quite the leap up the standings since the last update, barely making the playoffs. It's a rather disappointing end of the season for @oneniltothearsenal, @The Cat, @Dr. Dwayne and @Salt Bailly.

League Leaders

Playoff Bracket

Finally, a reminder of the retirement rules. The Cat has already decided to retire at the end of the season. The others who are eligible for early retirement (and reincarnation) are Samid, Skizzo, reelworld and Dan after his injury. You don't have to retire, and you can still win stuff even if you're not top dog. Or, if you're Samid, you could be going for the all time NBA 'most different teams' record.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

@Dan has fallen down the stairs. As a result his overall rating has dropped to 58.

East: Of the four Cafite teams who made it, two are in great form (@V.O.'s Nets and @BenitoSTARR's Knicks), and two aren't (@hobbers' Celtics and @weetee's Hawks). That might give us an indication of how the playoffs are going to play out. I'd be worried about those Wizards either way, though.

@Dan missed out barely, fittingly going 50 wins since the last update and 50% for the entire season (though of course he'd be injured for the full playoffs and more anyway). @sebsheep and @Skizzo were never going to make it, but they made a much better impression towards the end of the season regardless. @Samid, @Solius and @reelworld made a different kind of impression.

West: @altodevil and @P-Nut seem to be serious contenders in the West. @Stobzilla's Spurs took quite the leap up the standings since the last update, barely making the playoffs. It's a rather disappointing end of the season for @oneniltothearsenal, @The Cat, @Dr. Dwayne and @Salt Bailly.

League Leaders

Playoff Bracket

Finally, a reminder of the retirement rules. The Cat has already decided to retire at the end of the season. The others who are eligible for early retirement (and reincarnation) are Samid, Skizzo, reelworld and Dan after his injury. You don't have to retire, and you can still win stuff even if you're not top dog. Or, if you're Samid, you could be going for the all time NBA 'most different teams' record.
So semi finals knocked out this time it is.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

League Leaders

Playoff Bracket

I have performed miracles to drag this mess of a franchise.to a first round sweep.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Fire my agent immediately.
Look on the bright side, at least having the worst record in the league means your team has a good shot at a good pick in the upcoming draft...

... is what I would have said hadn't Denver traded their 2010 pick to Toronto in 2006 for Smush Parker. Toronto traded it to Orlando last season.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
must have been in brilliant form to make the playoffs

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Look on the bright side, at least having the worst record in the league means your team has a good shot at a good pick in the upcoming draft...

... is what I would have said hadn't Denver traded their 2010 pick to Toronto in 2006 for Smush Parker. Toronto traded it to Orlando last season.
Paul George to the Magic would make them competitive.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Paul George to the Magic would make them competitive.
Solius' contract is expiring, and I don't think he's sticking around :lol:

Also the way the "real players" draft works is that their initial rating is based on their rookie season (another way of doing it is purely by draft pick number, but that would be much worse). I guess Paul George was a late(r) bloomer, because he's not the highest rated. Here's the current expected top 15:

There's also a "real player determinism" slider that goes from 0-100, where 0 is completely disconnected from their real life development and 100 is completely. I've got it set to 0 right now, so anything can happen. So right now Josh Smith and Josh Childress are the 2nd and 3rd best real players in the league, behind Kevin Durant and head of Carmelo Anthony.

Oh btw, Kevin Durant's contract is also expiring, but he'll almost certainly re-sign (and probably add $15 million extra to the Wizards' payroll).

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Also the way the "real players" draft works is that their initial rating is based on their rookie season (another way of doing it is purely by draft pick number, but that would be much worse). I guess Paul George was a late(r) bloomer, because he's not the highest rated. Here's the current expected top 15:

There's also a "real player determinism" slider that goes from 0-100, where 0 is completely disconnected from their real life development and 100 is completely. I've got it set to 0 right now, so anything can happen. So right now Josh Smith and Josh Childress are the 2nd and 3rd best real players in the league, behind Kevin Durant and head of Carmelo Anthony.

Oh btw, Kevin Durant's contract is also expiring, but he'll almost certainly re-sign (and probably add $15 million extra to the Wizards' payroll).
Who is The Cub?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Ok that's more interesting though. Did wonder why LeBron sucked. John Wall a good prize still though.