Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 13-14 | 25-Game Update | Stats | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Josh Smith

13/14 Season Preview - West New

nimic

something nice
Scout
13/14 Season Preview West (Part 1+2 on the previous page)

@hobbers @altodevil @The Cat @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Solius

altodevil - Los Angeles Lakers (51-31, 2nd Round)

The slow-ish decline continues for altodevil, who has now entered his 18th year in the NBA. As before his physicality has been hit the hardest, though now his technical skills are starting to (very slightly) fade. He's still a defensive powerhouse, so he's not quite done yet. The same goes for the Lakers, who might even be overall better with the improvements for Kemba Walker.

The Cub - Oklahoma City Thunder (22-60)

A bit of an off-year for The Cub, another one for the "young player who suddenly gets a tiny bit worse". I'd be surprised if he didn't make 75 rating or even more, but either way he's already a very good player. Probably not good enough to pull the Thunder into the playoffs though. It probably doesn't help that there are 3 out and out Centers in the top 4 in Oklahoma. At least two of them have expiring contracts.

Nobbers - San Antonio Spurs (34-48)

As old man hobbers is entering the twilight of his career, his son Nobbers (it's going to bother me to no end that he's got a capital first letter unlike his father) has stepped into the NBA with a bang, immediately improving on his pre-draft abilities. I'd be surprised if it's enough for the Spurs to make the playoffs, but it's impossible to predict how the team is going to look next year with all those expiring contracts.

Dr. Dwayne - New Orleans Pelicans (32-50)

Dr. Dwayne saw further decline since last season, like many of our other geriatric-y players. He's 36 now, and not much of a jumper, nor a runner. He's still a great shooter, though, and - as long as he doesn't have to jump for it - perfectly capable of catching a rebound. Quite impressive, really. So in that sense it's more worrying that this 36-year old is still the 2nd most important player on his team. The newly named Pelicans aren't making the playoffs. That's a nimic guarantee.

P-Nut & Salt Bailly - Sacramento Kings (36-46)

If I see any more red I might have to alter the colour balance on my monitor. Salt Bailly has been an extremely solid player for a long, long time. And while he's taken a rather big step backwards, particularly in his athletic abilities, he's still more than good enough to form part of a good team. Unfortunately he's in Sacramento instead. Here too it's worrying that a 36-year old is the 2nd best player on the team. The best player is P-Nut, who isn't quite as old. 29 means it's probably more down than up for him from here on, but we'll see.

Solius & sontodevil - Memphis Grizzlies (42-40, Conference Finals)

Solius is another one who started feeling the creaking in his bones this summer. In his case, though, it mostly impacted his speed and jumping abilities, leaving him elite in all the technical skills. He's still one of the best players in the league. And now he's been joined by the #1 pick the past draft, sontodevil, altodevil's own boy! He seems to have modelled his game on his father's, up to and including refusing to shoot the ball even under threat of imprisonment. Though clearly he's seen his old man fumble one too many pass, and the trauma has led him to sacrificing a little bit of physicality for the sake of actually being able to complete a pass.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
A „Caf-West vs Caf-East“ (or better handcrafted and balanced) event would be nice - assume sth spectacularly outta bounce like that isn‘t (easily) manufactured, nimic?

nimic

something nice
Scout
A „Caf-West vs Caf-East“ (or better handcrafted and balanced) event would be nice - assume sth spectacularly outta bounce like that isn‘t (easily) manufactured, nimic?
I can pick the All Star Teams if I want. Or the playoff teams. Or edit the conferences. I could clone the league too, so we could run one-off events like that, but I'd have to figure out what that would look like.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I can pick the All Star Teams if I want. Or the playoff teams. Or edit the conferences. I could clone the league too, so we could run one-off events like that, but I'd have to figure out what that would look like.
Clone the league and edit the all-star event (dunks, 3p and the match) sounds perfect :lol:

But since it‘d be a one-off event I think it it‘d be more interesting when everybody‘s rejuvenated.

13/14 25-Game Update New

nimic

something nice
Scout
13/14 25-Game Update

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

I'm going to just start tagging everyone in these updates, let me know if it's too much for you.

@Dan you still haven't found a team, and you're probably not going to get any better at 36. If you want to I could retire you mid-season and you could jump in with a new 17-year old immediately. Or if you prefer to be in the draft, you could create your guy and you'll pop up next season.

Trades

Dr.
Dwayne (Pelicans > Cavaliers) - lucky! Didn't have to stay on the worst team in the league for long.

Nobbers (Spurs) - definitely seems like the Spurs won this trade.

reelworld II (Bucks), Nobbers (Spurs)

reelworld II (Bucks) - Bucks going big here! That's three decent players and two first round picks for John Wall. He better be worth it.

Salt Bailly & P-Nut (Kings) - seems fair?

Solius & sontodevil (Grizzlies), Samid (Bobcats) - huge trade by Charlotte. Memphis seem to be planning ahead, but it does make it less likely they will win immediately.

weetee (Hawks)

Conference Standings

Oof! Only altodevil is currently in a playoff spot out of all our West Cafites. I thought Nobbers with the Spurs and Solius & sontodevil would definitely make the playoffs this season, but of course they're only one win behind in any case. The Cub has a chance, and I guess technically so do Salt Bailly & P-Nut - though I doubt it.

The East is quite the reverse of the West. I think last season looked like this too, and then a few of you had bad second halves of the season and missed out on the playoffs after all. hobbers & Skizzo are dominating the league even more than last season, despite the supposed decline. BenitoSTARR & Stobzilla II are doing very well again, as is V.O. with the Nets. The Bobcats doing as well as they are must be quite a pleasant surprise for Samid, and the same for SebJr and Miami (though he may have suspected it from the season preview). Those two are equal with Dr. Dwayne's new Cavaliers, and only one ahead of Two Nil and the Raptors. Even reelworld II and weetee aren't out of reach.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Will hobo eventually make it this year? Or feck it up as usual? Stay tuned!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
hobbers losing from here would be the funniest part of this experiment