The roy Jones fight!!!

lonbwoy

How many of u guys watched that Roy jones fight last night??, talk about being lucky, there was no way he WON that fight, that guy was all over him, hit him with more punches, yet the judges gave all the rounds to Roy Jones. :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

kennyj

I saw it. I was rooting for Tarver, but I thought that the scoring was accurate. Tarver just didn't do enough scoring in some of the rounds, but I agree that Jones got the worst of it. I thought that the judge that had it 116-112 was right.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I watched it. I thought Roy was a bit off all night and Tarver fought the fight of his life. That said, I think Roy did enough to win a majority of the rounds and the judges decisions were fair. You have to remember that Tarver's flurries when Roy was against the ropes may have looked impressive, but not many of those punches actually connected and Roy was dropping his gloves to let the judges and audience know that he wasn't being phased by Tarver's best.

Roy himself said that he was only about 70% going into the fight and that the fact that he had to drop 25lbs to make his weight had taken alot out of him.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Roy needs a challenge.... I don't think he can get up for these type of fights.

Apparently, a Mike Tyson fight might be on the cards.....

Freak show if you ask me.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't see why Roy would do it unless there was a massive pay day involved. He'd have to re-gain 25lbs of weight he lost for the Tarver fight. He also hinted that he might retire in the pre-fight on Sat night.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
He'd get a huge pay day..

Some are saying it'll be a 60million dollar fight....

I think that would interest Roy Jones.....

Personally, I hope it doesn't happen... the heavy-weight division is a joke as it is.

kennyj

giggzy said:
He'd get a huge pay day..

Some are saying it'll be a 60million dollar fight....

I think that would interest Roy Jones.....

Personally, I hope it doesn't happen... the heavy-weight division is a joke as it is.
Michael Spinks was light-heavy champ when he fought Tyson. It's a much different Tyson now though. I'd like to see it though.

mr. destro

..and holyfield was nothing if not a bulked up light-heavy. i don't know why there is such a taboo about crossing weight classes. boxing is at worst the pits of human gladiatorial spectacle therefore i'm not sure why we'd give two shits about a possible weight mis-match. didn't see the fight, but i trust the comments of i think raoul and kennyj who said jones was always in control even if it looked the opposite. never has a fighter been so demonized for completely outclassing his opponents!

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
kennyj said:
Michael Spinks was light-heavy champ when he fought Tyson. It's a much different Tyson now though. I'd like to see it though.
Roy started of at middleweight...... or was it Super? So, he's moved up a few divisions.... I reckon Spinks was naturally a bigger boxer than Jones... personally, I doubt whether Roy could take a 'proper' punch from a good/strong heavy weight.

And yes, It's a different Tyson..... one who's slow, and doesn't have a stomach for a fight..... so Roy could out box him....and make him look silly in the process.

kennyj

Michael Spinks was the tall, skinny light-heavy. Jones is actually stockier. Spinks turned out to be a good heavy, beating Holmes and all, but was no match for Tyson and looked like that was the last place on earth that he wanted to be that night.

manufanatic

"crazy"
lonbwoy said:
How many of u guys watched that Roy jones fight last night??, talk about being lucky, there was no way he WON that fight, that guy was all over him, hit him with more punches, yet the judges gave all the rounds to Roy Jones. :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
:nono:
I had it 115-113 for RJJ. Tarver just didnt do enough to win the fight. It was there for the taking but he let up for some reason after the 2nd round. Of course the reason was a viscous body attack that slowed him down and maybe you missed