Gaming The SM RedCafe League | Season 31 starts Sunday. One Division 1 team available (Gillingham). Let Damien know if interested.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not crying over it just trying to understand why it happened how it did.

I have since been told by Stain he would kick me out of the league if he could? Which doesn’t make me feel very welcome and now makes me feel like I’m going to be targeted in future

Is that a fair response for asking why a decision was made?

I believe we should be very open and willing to discuss these kinds of things nicely. It’s a game after all .

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I guess it boils down to the following:
  1. Who decides in general who takes over a club?
  2. Does what one manager wants automatically overrule what others may want?
  3. Is the voting system used for Liverpool now no longer in effect?
  4. Why are we allowing people to apply and then vote for Darlingtons next manager when this didn’t happen for Everton?
  5. Are we not allowed to ask questions about how decisions are made to better understand why things work the way they do in the GW?
  6. Is it reasonable to say you would kick someone out of a GW if you could in response to them asking questions?
:lol::lol::lol:So I can take this one of many ways...

1. A threat to kill me if I don’t stop talking
  2. A joke at the expense of others suggesting they are like the mafia of the GW

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Statement on Everton managerial change

On Sunday 31st May at 9:55pm BST, Dom Gill (Frank Castle) added myself and The Stain to a private conversation informing us of his decision to leave Everton. In the message he also said he wasn't going to leave the league and as The Stain picked him in the first place, he wanted Stain's involvement in picking the successor.

Here is the announcement of The Stain leaving Everton last year, moving to Leyton Orient and picking Dom Gill as his successor without any furore. You can also see Dom picking his successor at Barnsley in the link. Both managers have been in the game world for five years now and were to stay in the league under new clubs. Likewise in 2016, when RedSky left Nottingham Forest, he picked The Taurean to be his successor without any vote. The precedent had been set with no issues at all at that point. Together, Dom and The Stain agreed that Mciahel Goodman was the best choice for Everton and wanted him to be the new manager.

Mciahel Goodman has been in the league for a number of years, and under aforesaid precedent could also have picked his successor at Darlington if he wished, but having not mentioned anything of the sort seems to be fine with it going to the old fashioned private vote by managers within the league. Most of the time when managers leave, they leave for good due to activity or whatever so things go to a private vote for new managers if there is enough interest. When managers leave of their own accord being active at the time, no matter who they are we have allowed them to pick their successor if they wish so it was felt that this didn't need to be explained in advance again as most of the managers in the league now, were in the league when other managers had picked their successor.

The reaction is understandable but regrettable. In short, the process for selecting new managers for team vacancies has been:
  • If manager is leaving league completely due to inactivity or whatever and doesn't pick a successor, the team goes to a semi-public vote among all other managers in the league (i.e. they can see who voted who, but the applicants involved can't see).
  • If manager is leaving their own team for another team in the league or is leaving of their own accord, they can choose their own successor if they wish ("Fergie rule")
  • If nobody is interested, team goes to a draft.
As most vacancies fall under point one, the second point hasn't been invoked that often, but when it had (going all the way back to 2016), there were no issues. If those within the league have changed their mind and want the "Fergie rule" to be revoked completely, we can do that. This is all I have to say on the matter.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Statement on Everton managerial change

On Sunday 31st May at 9:55pm BST, Dom Gill (Frank Castle) added myself and The Stain to a private conversation informing us of his decision to leave Everton. In the message he also said he wasn't going to leave the league and as The Stain picked him in the first place, he wanted Stain's involvement in picking the successor.

Here is the announcement of The Stain leaving Everton last year, moving to Leyton Orient and picking Dom Gill as his successor without any furore. You can also see Dom picking his successor at Barnsley in the link. Both managers have been in the game world for five years now and were to stay in the league under new clubs. Likewise in 2016, when RedSky left Nottingham Forest, he picked The Taurean to be his successor without any vote. The precedent had been set with no issues at all at that point. Together, Dom and The Stain agreed that Mciahel Goodman was the best choice for Everton and wanted him to be the new manager.

Mciahel Goodman has been in the league for a number of years, and under aforesaid precedent could also have picked his successor at Darlington if he wished, but having not mentioned anything of the sort seems to be fine with it going to the old fashioned private vote by managers within the league. Most of the time when managers leave, they leave for good due to activity or whatever so things go to a private vote for new managers if there is enough interest. When managers leave of their own accord being active at the time, no matter who they are we have allowed them to pick their successor if they wish so it was felt that this didn't need to be explained in advance again as most of the managers in the league now, were in the league when other managers had picked their successor.

The reaction is understandable but regrettable. In short, the process for selecting new managers for team vacancies has been:
  • If manager is leaving league completely due to inactivity or whatever and doesn't pick a successor, the team goes to a semi-public vote among all other managers in the league (i.e. they can see who voted who, but the applicants involved can't see).
  • If manager is leaving their own team for another team in the league or is leaving of their own accord, they can choose their own successor if they wish ("Fergie rule")
  • If nobody is interested, team goes to a draft.
As most vacancies fall under point one, the second point hasn't been invoked that often, but when it had (going all the way back to 2016), there were no issues. If those within the league have changed their mind and want the "Fergie rule" to be revoked completely, we can do that. This is all I have to say on the matter.
Once again thank you very much for explaining this and doing a very thorough job!

Genuinely appreciate the effort put into this response and this is really exactly what I wanted answered. So thank you!

Regarding the second point to be clear I wasn’t questioning the Fergie rule as Dom absolutely should have that right as others have. I wanted to understand more why at the time Stain appeared publicly to have made the decision by himself. He did not explain as you have. This explanation clearly shows Dom involved in that process and so while unusual I don’t see it being an issue.

Thank you for responding in a respectful and clear manner when questions were asked. I consider the matter closed and I’m happy with the explanation as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: Damien

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’ll post these as photos in a sec phones playing up. But @Damien what is going to be done about this?

Account

In Game

How in any way is this in the spirit of the game world or acceptable behaviour by members? It equates to cyber bullying essentially.

I’d love to know who made it and if they are man enough to even admit it. Or does hiding behind the curtain or anonymity make them feel good?

Is this how people are allowed to react when questioned politely about happenings in the GW?

Damien

Staff
I’ll post these as photos in a sec phones playing up. But @Damien what is going to be done about this?

Account

In Game

How in any way is this in the spirit of the game world or acceptable behaviour by members? It equates to cyber bullying essentially.

I’d love to know who made it and if they are man enough to even admit it. Or does hiding behind the curtain or anonymity make them feel good?

Is this how people are allowed to react when questioned politely about happenings in the GW?
It was MG. He said he did it in the heat of the moment as, when he quit Everton, he didn't think it'd let him become their manager again as the game is a bit weird like that (hence me having four 'temporary manager' accounts), so he made a new temporary account and as he was angry due to the situation he let his emotions get the better of him. He doesn't visit the caf much anymore so didn't see that the situation had been resolved before he quit.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
No, I don't condone what has happened to you the past day. MG has apologised formally via SM PM to me, said the name was overkill and he was raging at the time.
So what will happen to him?

And why is he apologising to you he’s not done anything to you?

I don’t care if he’s raging he’s created a new account just to say “F Benito” didn’t even spell the username right. This isn’t some silly mistake he’s taken the time to create it thinking it’s clever and were this to have happened on the CAF he could be facing a ban from the site under its terms of use and conditions.

I would also like to point out at absolutely no point have I offered anything other than full support for M Goodmans appointment. He did a great job at Darlington and I said that many times as well as congratulating him on the appointment. At no point have I suggested he should leave the post and at no point did I suggest he didn’t deserve it I just asked the question why did The Stain decide and I’m very grateful for you explaining it to me.

What have I done to deserve this kind of treatment?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It was MG. He said he did it in the heat of the moment as, when he quit Everton, he didn't think it'd let him become their manager again as the game is a bit weird like that (hence me having four 'temporary manager' accounts), so he made a new temporary account and as he was angry due to the situation he let his emotions get the better of him. He doesn't visit the caf much anymore so didn't see that the situation had been resolved before he quit.
Damien id accept heat of the moment if it was just in the comment section but he created an account just to say that?

He’s also then reapplied with that account name to be accepted and then resigned?

Why is he angry at me what exactly have I done that is wrong in his eyes when I have publically supported his appointment and only questioned Stains involvement?

Damien

Staff
Damien id accept heat of the moment if it was just in the comment section but he created an account just to say that?

He’s also then reapplied with that account name to be accepted and then resigned?

Why is he angry at me what exactly have I done that is wrong in his eyes when I have publically supported his appointment and only questioned Stains involvement?
He didn't resign, I rejected the application. I explained why he applied with a different account as he thought the game wouldn't let him take control on his existing account. You'd have to ask him what his issue is, but it seems he saw it that you had an issue with his appointment full stop.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Account

In Game

:lol: They want to make you quit.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Right in case anyone’s missed it to add context.

1st and 2nd image account created by M Goodman today specifically to abuse me.

image my response.

4th Image me HOURS BEFORE HE RESIGNED publicly backing him for Everton and saying I’m just asking about how it happened and am pleased for him.

5th image upon his initial resignation I immediately when I saw this commented to reappoint him having seen Damiens explanation. At no point have I ever called for him to resign or said he wasn’t deserving of the position.

6th Image on him leaving Darlington I posted saying it was the end of an era because of the great work he’d done there.

And he apologies to Damien not me not even privately?

Im sorry but if I had done this to someone else you’d kick me out... I had no issue before but this is not acceptable.

Heat of the moment is not an excuse when I have at least 3 images already of me publicly backing M Goodman and clearly not making this about him.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He didn't resign, I rejected the application. I explained why he applied with a different account as he thought the game wouldn't let him take control on his existing account. You'd have to ask him what his issue is, but it seems he saw it that you had an issue with his appointment full stop.
Apologies Damien I didn’t realise a rejected application appeared on the site.

See the above post for a chain of events Damien. You know full well if I had done this people would want me kicked out.

There has to be a consequence for this kind of behaviour and still I am yet to receive any kind of apology despite so publicly backing Goodman for the job.

I literally could not have made myself clearer about having no issue with him being manager (see above images) only that Stains involvement was odd and I wanted to understand why he was involved.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I can understand why you'd be annoyed Benito if you felt you deserved a chance to manage a big club but I think it's only common courtesy to allow a leaving Manager the choice to appoint his succesor. If he doesn't care, then its an application and failing that a draft. It's been the way we've done it since Day 1 and nobody has complained until now.

I'll be honest, i'm getting a bit sick of the drama, something seems to happen every few weeks at the moment. Can't everyone just chill out, it's a game for fecks sake. :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
For what it's worth, i've also argued with people in the gameworld before. It results in people calling each other a bellend and thats that. I wouldn't want anyone to quit the gameworld or punish anyone for a disagreement. I just throw them on my ignore list for a week or so until the dust has settled and then laugh about it later.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I can understand why you'd be annoyed Benito if you felt you deserved a chance to manage a big club but I think it's only common courtesy to allow a leaving Manager the choice to appoint his succesor. If he doesn't care, then its an application and failing that a draft. It's been the way we've done it since Day 1 and nobody has complained until now.

I'll be honest, i'm getting a bit sick of the drama, something seems to happen every few weeks at the moment. Can't everyone just chill out, it's a game for fecks sake. :lol:
I wasn’t annoyed at any point referring his appointment I even stated that while I was interested in the position I absolutely would have voted for Goodman to get it as he deserved it!

I literally just asked the question as to why the Stain choose the replacement not Frank? Because that was not how things are done. Stain was not the leaving manager he was an ex manager.

What happened was the Stain made out on the game that he made the decision alone and then acted as if it was just him who made it and anyone who had a problem with that was being difficult.

Damien is the only person to have explained it and that’s all we were asking for was why did the stain get involved and not Frank. Now it’s been clarified.

There was no application process it was by admission not how things are usually done.

I am sick of when asking a question I get abused. And nothing is being done about it.

Where is the support from people other than Damien openly criticising Goodmans behaviour? Where is the apology?

Had I done this I’d be kicked out.

Damien

Staff
Apologies Damien I didn’t realise a rejected application appeared on the site.

See the above post for a chain of events Damien. You know full well if I had done this people would want me kicked out.

There has to be a consequence for this kind of behaviour and still I am yet to receive any kind of apology despite so publicly backing Goodman for the job.

I literally could not have made myself clearer about having no issue with him being manager (see above images) only that Stains involvement was odd and I wanted to understand why he was involved.
I wouldn't want anybody to quit the game world or be punished if it is avoidable. If you had done it, I wouldn't want you to leave either. LitterBug has done worse and is still in the game world. I'm hoping by the end of the week we'll have an extra person in the game world via P-Nut/Zlatanish if either one of them gets to take over Darlington or Ipswich Town manager takes over Darlington and one of them take over Ipswich or whatever (all will be voted for unless MG wants to pick).

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
For what it's worth, i've also argued with people in the gameworld before. It results in people calling each other a bellend and thats that. I wouldn't want anyone to quit the gameworld or punish anyone for a disagreement. I just throw them on my ignore list for a week or so until the dust has settled and then laugh about it later.
Theres a difference between saying it in a chat and making a new account to say it.

One can be excused as heat of the moment the other is childish petty and violates the terms of use of both the CAF and SM Worlds user agreement.

I had no disagreement with Goodman I have provided the photo evidence to prove it and rather than dealing with the person who actually caused a problem im the one who has to just suffer in silence?

Is this the policy we are advocating going forward you can call anyone anything you like despite them publicly supporting you? That is ok with you?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Jesus Christ Ben stop making everything a big deal, a monkey could see that Frank had asked stain about the successor as stain built that club.
I wasn’t trying to make anything a big deal I wanted an answer to a question that if you look a lot of people wanted answered.

Do you think Goodmans response is acceptable to me publicly supporting him?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I wouldn't want anybody to quit the game world or be punished if it is avoidable. If you had done it, I wouldn't want you to leave either. LitterBug has done worse and is still in the game world. I'm hoping by the end of the week we'll have an extra person in the game world via P-Nut/Zlatanish if either one of them gets to take over Darlington or Ipswich Town manager takes over Darlington and one of them take over Ipswich or whatever (all will be voted for unless MG wants to pick).
I don’t include you in wanting to kick people out. So far you’ve always explained the positions and reasons very well and I’ve always been appreciative of that.

I would like to see Goodmans PM apology he sent you. I still have had nothing from him apologising.

I feel this is an absolute joke that people currently aren’t being supportive and saying yeah it was a bad move from Goodman and he should apologise.

I don’t want to be involved in crap like this and I did nothing wrong to anyone in here at all. I asked a question. That might make thick or dumber than a monkey in your eyes but I wanted to know the answer and thankfully Damien you had the respect and decency to answer it.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Ditto, I tend to just feck off for a week once I realized I was a bit of a bellend.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I just want to say that I fully support Benito here - all he's done is ask why and gotten a whole load of grief for it and been called drama queen etc etc

Simple questions really.

Explanation has been provided, he's accepted it, move on. But people don't seem to want to and keep picking at him/it.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I wasn’t trying to make anything a big deal I wanted an answer to a question that if you look a lot of people wanted answered.

Do you think Goodmans response is acceptable to me publicly supporting him?
The thing is you do make a big deal out of things, look at the amount of paragraphs you have wrote that I'm not gonna read on this issue.

There is no conspiracy, you did make it look like MG was colluding to get this job.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The thing is you do make a big deal out of things, look at the amount of paragraphs you have wrote that I'm not gonna read on this issue.

There is no conspiracy, you did make it look like MG was colluding to get this job.
So because I take the time to seek clarity and because I can’t just sum up and explain my position in a sentence I’m making a big deal of things.

How can you judge me to be the problem if you won’t actually read what I said.

I literally asked one simple question why did Stain choose? Stain would not answer fully and honestly and so suspicions grew from other people. Stain then said if he had more control he’d kick me out of the GW he claims it was a joke. Again in response to me asking a question why he was involved.

I have just tried to understand why the “Fergie rule” didn’t appear to have applied here because stain said he decided. As soon as Damien cleared it up and explained it I instantly thanked him and left it alone.

After this event I got abuse off a manager who created an account to abuse me. Despite me showing publicly my support of that manager.

I have done nothing wrong in this situation the GW owner has said this, Goodman has now apologised and yet I’m still the one in the wrong in your eyes?

Put yourself in my shoes. You’re relatively new to a GW trying to understand and learn it’s history and why the rules are the way they are and ask a question. You are then met with abuse and then the GW owner answers the question and you thank them. Then someone else abuses you and you respond politely and evidence the abuse and then people call you the trouble maker. How wou

I just want to say that I fully support Benito here - all he's done is ask why and gotten a whole load of grief for it and been called drama queen etc etc

Simple questions really.

Explanation has been provided, he's accepted it, move on. But people don't seem to want to and keep picking at him/it.
As soon as Damien posted the answer to the question I wanted to move on.

From the bottom of my heart thank you. Genuinely means a lot. More than it should.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Relax @BenitoSTARR everything has been clarified, no harm done. MG is a good guy and i'm sure he was just clowning around, so don't take it to heart.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It was as I said verbatim. Good to hear he's now apologised unless the above post is a typo.
He has now apologised. We’d both like to move on.

Once again thank you for explaining and being supportive.

I know I ask questions which means more work for you but I’m genuinely just trying to understand how this all works in the GW. But I do always appreciate when you take the time to sort it out properly.
Relax @BenitoSTARR everything has been clarified, no harm done. MG is a good guy and i'm sure he was just clowning around, so don't take it to heart.
It’s hard not to take something like that personally when it’s directed at you.

I wouldn’t have been annoyed if it was just a comment on the thread but I feel like the effort into making an account is what made it personal.

This should have been over after Damiens post I’m sure we’d all like to move on.

Damien

Staff
He has now apologised. We’d both like to move on.

Once again thank you for explaining and being supportive.

I know I ask questions which means more work for you but I’m genuinely just trying to understand how this all works in the GW. But I do always appreciate when you take the time to sort it out properly.
Yeah, that is why I took my time putting the original statement together to try and answer everything in the one post

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yeah, that is why I took my time putting the original statement together to try and answer everything in the one post
I figured as such and it’s appreciated.

So now we’re all friends when will you sell Sancho?

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
The recent drama has had me strongly considering binning the game.

Utter tinfoil hat wearing territory to think there is a clique of people running the game, and trying to keep others out then to rant and rave about every minor thing people perceive as a personal slight is utterly exhausting to either engage with or ignore.

Good luck to teams playing games this and next week, I’m off to bring big ass boat to Poland tomorrow and will be unplugging from the internet and loving life away from petty bs and asshats....