Gaming The SM RedCafe League | Season 31 starts Sunday. One Division 1 team available (Gillingham). Let Damien know if interested.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Shock 3:0 victory against West Ham on Sunday.

Oblak (95)

Kounde (91) Van Dijk (96) Ramos (94)⚽ Alaba (94)
Eriksen (92) Goretzka (93)⚽
Sancho (92)⚽➕⭐ -- Pulisic (91) -- Sterling (94)➕
Mbappe (95)➕

Subs: Stones (91), Gaya (91), Zakaria (91), Rice (90), Baku (88), Under (89), Mina (89)
Injured: Trent (93), Pedri (89)
Did not travel: Dest (88), Bellingham (88), Reyna (87)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Next three games:
LCR4: Southampton (H)
MD18: Nottingham Forest (A)
MD19: Season 24 Champions Everton (H)

Manchester United v West Ham Utd fixtures this season

GameUtd PossWest Ham Utd PossUtd Shots (SoT)West Ham Utd Shots (SoT)Utd GoalsWest Ham Utd GoalsUtd SoT Conv.West Ham Utd SoT Conv.
29th Aug: Utd v West Ham Utd​
59%
41%​
13 (9)
5 (0)​
0​
33.3%
N/A​
Combined
59%
41%​
13 (9)
5 (0)​
0​
33.3%
N/A​

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
CARDIFF CITY TRANSFER NEWS
A Shaw Thing and a Rüdi Good Deal

Cardiff City are delighted to announce the signings of long term targets Luke Shaw (91 LB) and Antonio Rüdiger (91 CB) from Preston North End.

The club had been in pursuit of Shaw since his days at Mansfield as part of the Jadon Sancho mega deal and Rüdiger since his draft selection from Reading in April last year.

It is felt that these could be the missing pieces in a top 4 challenge this year with hopes of another trophy in Europe this season bolstered by the additions.

The deals were done independently of one another with Luke Shaw arriving first yesterday afternoon. Having fended off plenty of interest in the 26 year old left back after it was announced that he would leave for the best single player and cash offer; Cardiff offered Rabiot and £19.6m to secure his services.

Once it became clear that Preston wanted cash more than players Cardiff were swift to move for Rüdiger too. Davinson Sanchez and an £18m fee were proposed later that evening and accepted just after midnight.

Our sources understand that the hopes of securing the clubs financial future as well as maintaining the competitive edge over other clubs in the rebuilding process were the motivating factors behind both deals and it’s clear that Preston’s previous financial difficulties are fully resolved with two valuable assets yet to enter their peak and a combined £37.6m in the bank.

Sources close to Cardiff City’s hierarchy suggested the club was open to exchanging Rabiot due to the long term prospects of Teun Koopmeiners and Aurélien Tchouameni being able to fill the void left behind. It is understood that Tchouameni has already been recalled from his loan move at Cambridge United but that there are no plans to recall Teun Koopmeiners who is enjoying his time at Gillingham and looks likely to develop this year.

With the arrival of Luke Shaw a question mark over the future of Sergio Reguilón now lingers. It is understood Cardiff are open to exchange deals for the 24 year old left back in particular for right backs, attacking midfielders, wingers or strikers.

Dom Gill

Cash is only dead for teams with decent stadium sizes.

Try being Gillingham getting into div1 and balancing the books. Stadium size is tiny but I am in the top 3 of div2 so I sell for cash to break even.

Also there is clearly a draft coming so cash is needed.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
What is with the cash deals, do we all not understand how defunct cash is in the GW
It’s clearly not defunct plenty of good players go for cash only and it’s a vital part of any smaller clubs building process.

I was constantly fighting to get cash at Cardiff and only recently am reasonably comfortable only having stayed up several seasons and won something along the way.

I myself have bought the likes of Luis Suarez cash only and sold many players cash only to other managers including the odd riser like Acuna now a 90 rated LB.

It’s not going to get you a Sancho or Mbappe but it can still get you solid 90 or higher rated players and of course any draft picks that come up.

Cash is only dead for teams with decent stadium sizes.

Try being Gillingham getting into div1 and balancing the books. Stadium size is tiny but I am in the top 3 of div2 so I sell for cash to break even.

Also there is clearly a draft coming so cash is needed.
Yup and it takes time to build that stadium size up.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
It just seems you're selling yourself short when you let talent go for cash, I can understand for prospects or ageing 90s but for players like Abraham, Shaw etc just seems counter intuitive.

Your just destined to always be a small club if you don't get any value going forwards.

Never the less, I guess I'll see what happens when I eventually take over a div 5 team.

Should be intriguing.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It just seems you're selling yourself short when you let talent go for cash, I can understand for prospects or ageing 90s but for players like Abraham, Shaw etc just seems counter intuitive.

Your just destined to always be a small club if you don't get any value going forwards.

Never the less, I guess I'll see what happens when I eventually take over a div 5 team.

Should be intriguing.
I disagree it’s a sunk cost fallacy a lot of the time if you just keep a player waiting for the perfect deal. Sometimes you’re better to just get the cash and move on.

Value going forwards is very subjective and dependant on where you are as a club. If you are in debt and can’t sign players then cash is valuable. If you are at squad cap suddenly a 3 for 1 deal for your star player isn’t as appealing.

Damien

Staff
People who have put their name forward for the Aston Villa job so far:
  1. Varun (Arsenal)
  2. BenitoSTARR (Cardiff City)
  3. Panther/Herrera (Charlton Athletic)
  4. Ravelation (Darlington)
  5. Sandyman (Liverpool)
  6. KM (Manchester City)
  7. CrackersJr (Newcastle United)
  8. Green_Red (Preston North End)
@christy87 @The Taurean are you putting your names forward?

Last edited:

Gythio

1. Varun (Arsenal)
  5. infamous7 (Fulham)
  6. Sandyman (Liverpool)
  9. 2mufc0 (Sunderland)
Wow

Damien

Staff
1:0 win against Southampton in the Cup.

Oblak (95)

Dest (88) Rice (90) Stones (91) Gaya (91)
Baku (88) Zakaria (91)
Pedri (89)-- Pulisic (91)⚽⭐ -- Under (89)➕
Mina (89)

Subs: Ramos (94), Trent (93), Eriksen (92, Bellingham (88), Sancho (92), Reyna (87), Sterling (94)
Did not travel: Van Dijk (96), Mbappe (95), Alaba (94), Goretzka (93), Kounde (91)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Next three games:
MD18: Nottingham Forest (A)
MD19: Season 24 Champions Everton (H)
LSR4: Nottingham Forest (H)

Manchester United v Southampton fixtures this season

GameUtd PossSouthampton PossUtd Shots (SoT)Southampton Shots (SoT)Utd GoalsSouthampton GoalsUtd SoT Conv.Southampton SoT Conv.
4th Jul: Utd v Southampton​
56%
44%​
14 (5)
10 (4)​
0%
0%
31st Aug: Utd v Southampton (Cup)​
58%
42%​
12 (1)
8 (3)​
0​
100%
0%​
Combined
57%
43%​
26 (6)
18 (7)​
0​
16.7%
0%​

LungiDevil

1. Varun (Arsenal)
  5. infamous7 (Fulham)
  6. Sandyman (Liverpool)
  9. 2mufc0 (Sunderland)

Oh man, looks like a draft is gonna be a long time from now, given most of these managers have teams that'll be taken by others.

Managerial musical chairs now..

Need to have my draft fix soon...

Dom Gill

1. Varun (Arsenal)
  5. infamous7 (Fulham)
  6. Sandyman (Liverpool)
  9. 2mufc0 (Sunderland)
Gonna need a write-up from people so I understand how long they have been in the league and why they want / deserve the club.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
  1. Varun (Arsenal)
  5. infamous7 (Fulham)
  6. Sandyman (Liverpool)
  9. 2mufc0 (Sunderland)
I put my name in the list too?

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
  1. Varun (Arsenal)
  5. infamous7 (Fulham)
  6. Sandyman (Liverpool)
  9. 2mufc0 (Sunderland)
Nah

Damien

Staff
The eight interested in the Aston Villa job are: @Varun, @BenitoSTARR, @Panther, @Ravelation, @Sandyman, @KM, @CrackersJr and @Green_Red. To make things easier for those voting, it would be appreciated if all of you could message me - either on here or on the caf - a paragraph or two on why you want the job and why people should vote for you etc. Deadline will be Sunday at 8pm UK time then voting for Villa will take place. Good luck. People voting will be able to see your 'application'

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The eight interested in the Aston Villa job are: @Varun, @BenitoSTARR, @Panther, @Ravelation, @Sandyman, @KM, @CrackersJr and @Green_Red. To make things easier for those voting, it would be appreciated if all of you could message me - either on here or on the caf - a paragraph or two on why you want the job and why people should vote for you etc. Deadline will be Sunday at 8pm UK time then voting for Villa will take place. Good luck. People voting will be able to see your 'application'
@Damien do you know who has been in the set up the longest out of all those managers?

Green_Red

I've managed to get 84 games and 1.71 points per game with a very average side.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Ravelation presents...
THE CLARET AND BLUES BROTHERS

In all seriousness, I hope you've had at least a chuckle at the videos.

From day one I've enjoyed my time in the league, from humble beginnings (not as as humble as some) at Ipswich winning Promotion into Div 1, to the time i've had at Darlington winning the Shield and SMFA Shield in just my second season. I've enjoyed a fair share of success in a small time in the league in comparison to some.
At both Ipswich and Darlington I chose to not settle for my squad and worked my ass of rebuilding both teams, to great accomplishment I feel; Darlington probably being my prouder achievement (the youth squad looks promising going forwards), I inherited an ageing top 4 battling team, with not much to show for in longevity, and added some much needed weight to the development side of things.

I've applied to Villa of course because of the amazing first team, but in addition, I feel I can add so much more to the whole squad, it's a team that should in my opinion be battling for a top 4 finish and I believe I can get them there.
I've shown I'm not afraid to shake things up as you've seen at both Ipswich and Darlington, and hope I can continue to be exciting in the transfer market.

I do feel Varun is a great contender for the position as well and he'd be my vote, especially as he's had so much longevity in the league, but I'm confident that I can add that one thing we're all looking for in the league, *In Hitler voice* EXCITEMENT!!

Never the less, I hope I've made you laugh with my work and thank you for your time watching and reading.

Good Luck in the vote all,

Rav.

P.S. If you weren't in the Vid, You'll be in my next one, This was way too time consuming. :lol:

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Ravelation presents...

From day one I've enjoyed my time in the league, from humble beginnings (not as as humble as some) at Ipswich winning Promotion into Div 1, to the time i've had at Darlington winning the Shield and SMFA Shield in just my second season. I've enjoyed a fair share of success in a small time in the league in comparison to some.
At both Ipswich and Darlington I chose to not settle for my squad and worked my ass of rebuilding both teams, to great accomplishment I feel; Darlington probably being my prouder achievement (the youth squad looks promising going forwards), I inherited an ageing top 4 battling team, with not much to show for in longevity, and added some much needed weight to the development side of things.

I've applied to Villa of course because of the amazing first team, but in addition, I feel I can add so much more to the whole squad, it's a team that should in my opinion be battling for a top 4 finish and I believe I can get them there.
I've shown I'm not afraid to shake things up as you've seen at both Ipswich and Darlington, and hope I can continue to be exciting in the transfer market.

I do feel Varun is a great contender for the position as well and he'd be my vote, especially as he's had so much longevity in the league, but I'm confident that I can add that one thing we're all looking for in the league, *In Hitler voice* EXCITEMENT!!

Never the less, I hope I've made you laugh with my work and thank you for your time watching and reading.

Rav.

P.S. If you weren't in the Vid, You'll be in my next one, This was way too time consuming. :lol:
:lol::lol:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Ravelation presents...

Rav.

:lol: You have too much time on your hands

Gythio

Ravelation presents...

Rav.

It’s a masterpiece Rav great work :lol: Really on point. Also spooky accurate with my bids for all those players

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It’s a masterpiece Rav great work :lol: Really on point. Also spooky accurate with my bids for all those players
It’s hilarious but we all know what happened the last time propaganda decided people’s minds…