The Speed of Play Paradox

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Didn't watch the vid but I like that guys stretching videos, always do them before I play.
But to answer the question (for people who think it looks slow, I don't think it does?) would be because the technique and vision and composure is such a high level that they make it look like they always have time on the ball and are so quick to think. Throw yourself in there and you'd be panicking every second because of not having space or time. Great players make it look like they always have tons of time and aren't rushing, and you wonder why can't everyone do that?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Who has ever thought the PL looks slow?

It’s always been seen as fast, perhaps too fast as technique and thought used to be in lieu of that.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Who has ever thought the PL looks slow?

It’s always been seen as fast, perhaps too fast as technique and thought used to be in lieu of that.
It looks slow when the goalie has the ball at his feet, and the striker is just standing there waiting for him to move the ball

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
In the future football will be like dragon ball z fights where they basically move so quick it looks they teleport around

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It looks slow when the goalie has the ball at his feet, and the striker is just standing there waiting for him to move the ball
Not just goalie. Defenders also seem to have an absolute age. This is something I’ve been wondering about watching my son play centre back in underage football, where he barely gets a moment on the ball. Interesting explanation in the video. Makes sense too.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Not just goalie. Defenders also seem to have an absolute age. This is something I’ve been wondering about watching my son play centre back in underage football, where he barely gets a moment on the ball. Interesting explanation in the video. Makes sense too.
My son playing in u14 has said the same in the past, watch tele and the defenders seem to get an age on the ball and it all looks so relaxed but his league and when we watch Sunday leagues it’s manic. Makes it look easier to be a defender in the prem