The Tottenham Hit List

032Devil

Robbo is on Ramos hit list
From the Sun:

PAUL ROBINSON is on a hit-list of EIGHT players boss Juande Ramos wants to kick out of Tottenham.

Others include:

Jermain Defoe
Pascal Chimbonda
Lee Young-Pyo
Anthony Gardner
Paul Stalteri
Wayne Routledge
Hossam Ghaly

That's some regular first teamers. Major gamble by the Spaniard (if true). Happy days for the transfer spaculators at Spurs.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article665432.ece

Kaiketsu_Zorro

Has Pascal Chimbonda been shit for Tottenham? I haven't been watching his development since he moved to Spurs.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Has Pascal Chimbonda been shit for Tottenham? I haven't been watching his development since he moved to Spurs.
He has been good but there was a massive falling out in the summer when they wouldn't let him leave. He's been in a strop ever since, so they're looking to get rid.

If it wasn't for the bad attitude I would seriously consider taking him off their hands. He can play in the centre as well as at full-back, so would be the perfect replacement for Wes, assuming he doesn't sign that new contract.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He has been good but there was a massive falling out in the summer when they wouldn't let him leave. He's been in a strop ever since, so they're looking to get rid.

If it wasn't for the bad attitude I would seriously consider taking him off their hands. He can play in the centre as well as at full-back, so would be the perfect replacement for Wes, assuming he doesn't sign that new contract.
He wanted to leave? Who wanted to sign him / where'd he want to move to?

francobaresi

I'd be delighted if we snapped up Chimbonda. Would be an excellent signing for us IMO

el eric

Chelsea wanted him apparently

was meant to have refused to play centre half last week, laughed at ramos when asked accourding to some redtop or other.

good player but a trouble maker, wouldnt want him

032Devil

Defoe and Chimbonda are the only decent players on that list.

Spurs will need to raise money to replace 8 players. If Ramos wants quality then they'll cost more than the Hit List will probably raise.

If the story is true then it looks as if Ramos is rebuilding for next season already.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The guy will soon be 29...
Didn't realise he was that old. Forget it.

Spurs will need to raise money to replace 8 players. If Ramos wants quality then they'll cost more than the Hit List will probably raise.
It's almost as though they're expecting 30 million quid and Wes Brown in the near future, isn't it? ;)

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
The guy will soon be 29...

Hardly a long term replacement for any of our defenders.
3 years out of him minimum for what about 2 or 3 mil?? good business. It depends on how we view the likes of hutton. if we arent convinced then chimbonda buys time until someone emerges that we are convinced about.

Lad is proven quality in the prem, comfortable on the ball, quick, strong, excellent in the air. Anyhow its just a surprise

el eric

Chimbonda has cuased trouble at most clubs he's been at

fell out with Ramos, refused to play centrehalf when they were stuck
threatened a strike on Wigan
i think something happened in france but cant remember what what

no thanks

Colly

From the Sun:

PAUL ROBINSON is on a hit-list of EIGHT players boss Juande Ramos wants to kick out of Tottenham.

Others include:

Jermain Defoe
Pascal Chimbonda
Lee Young-Pyo
Anthony Gardner
Paul Stalteri
Wayne Routledge
Hossam Ghaly

That's some regular first teamers. Major gamble by the Spaniard (if true). Happy days for the transfer spaculators at Spurs.

You can't really argue with anyone on that list with the possible exception of Chimbonda and Defoe. I liked Chimbonda at Wigan, but Spurs have failed to get the best out of him for some reason. If Defoe goes to Villa, as rumours suggest, they'd have a pretty slick attack (with Agbonlahor and Young)

Colly

I've never understood why people rated Defoe so poorly, he is a proven premiership goalscorer everywhere he has been and even scores as an impact player off the bench.
I think he's good too, his only failing really is that he's never learned to get his head up. I think that might be what puts people off

Feed Me

I'm hungry
From the Sun:

Others include:

Jermain Defoe
Pascal Chimbonda
Lee Young-Pyo
Anthony Gardner
Paul Stalteri
Wayne Routledge
Hossam Ghaly

All the players on that list are dispensable.

I am surprised about Chimbonda, but if the fella is stinking the place out with his attitude then the best thing to do is to get rid.

I don't reckon that Robinson will be sold either. It is all well saying he should be replaced, but in general there is a paucity of top class keepers at the moment.

Defoe is a quality player, but doesn't get a regular start. He is stagnating his own career and Ramos clearly doesn't fancy him.

The rest are useless.

REd FUn DevIl

From the Sun:

Others include:

Jermain Defoe
Pascal Chimbonda
Lee Young-Pyo
Anthony Gardner
Paul Stalteri
Wayne Routledge
Hossam Ghaly

None of those players is quality for the Top three.

red2deadboy

Should be a few takers at other prem teams for people on that list and i'm sure Defoe and Chimbonda would interest the barcodes

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Jermain Defoe - Premiership quality, would definitely do very well if player on a regular basis for a team like Aston Villa who seem the most likely destination.

Pascal Chimbonda - the most moody player in the league, would probably want out from his future club after a couple of years for some reason. Still a very good right-back that would find himself fighting for a place in almost every team in the world.

Lee Young-Pyo - a tad inconsistent, used to be very good with PSV but has got older since then. I haven't seen much of him recently, but he was shaky last season, Bale wasn't brought without a reason.

Anthony Gardner - who?

Paul Stalteri - has he even played football in the last two years?

Wayne Routledge - they will probably loan him somewhere where we will never hear of him again.

Hossam Ghaly - inexistant.

tbtt

WUM
Paul Robinson - thought it was weight problem, but turns out it's not. basically, a shit keeper.
Jermain Defoe - could turn out to be 15 goal striker for Villa.
Pascal Chimbonda - would do anything for extra cash. is responsible for a lot of goals Spurs conceded this season. more a liability than an asset atm.
Lee Young-Pyo - off the form, no left foot, shit crosses, but he's the only fit left back for Spurs.
Anthony Gardner - a terrible defender, and ever worse because of his injury problems.
Paul Stalteri - terribly scapegoated by Spurs fans. is actually a decent right back.
Wayne Routledge - exists only on paper.
Hossam Ghaly - inconsistent, but could be good on his day. became No.2 scapegoat because Stalteri didn't have games last season, and Spurs fickle fans always need one.

Lil Cee

i was thinking we should go for Mellberg. hes on par or close to Wes as a CB and has been playing right back all season for Villa and he'll be available on a free just like Wes. i see no harm in it since we wouldnt have to spend money and if he's good enough for Juve then he should be good enough for us

R*v*N

Ruud's agent, United's biggest shareholder, loves
I've never understood why people rated Defoe so poorly, he is a proven premiership goalscorer everywhere he has been and even scores as an impact player off the bench.
Seconded mate

sonymobby

i was thinking we should go for Mellberg. hes on par or close to Wes as a CB and has been playing right back all season for Villa and he'll be available on a free just like Wes. i see no harm in it since we wouldnt have to spend money and if he's good enough for Juve then he should be good enough for us
Today's Juve is not like us. They want to buy Sissoko ffs.

pbrown

From the Sun:

Others include:

Jermain Defoe
Pascal Chimbonda
Lee Young-Pyo
Anthony Gardner
Paul Stalteri
Wayne Routledge
Hossam Ghaly

Why should he stop here he should get rid of the whole team... I think we have another Benitez on our hands here..