The toxic players

Sing you a song

Didn't Raiola say something along the lines of Pogba will be in Manchester for three years and then it's off to Spain? I think this was around the time he was leaving Juve.
Sadly it makes financial sense to plan a series of moves. / stepping stones for certain players to maximise earnings with signing on fees as well as ludicrous wages for example don’t be surprised I’d mbappe stops off in the prem before going to Spain

BringKlebersonBack

I don't think there are any. I think De Gea and Pogba (and Herrera and Mata for that matter) want out, but I don't think that makes them toxic.

I certainly don't think our dressing ever got split into two camps of Mourinho loyalists and anti-Mourinho players, like it did at Madrid.
Absolutely - this is probably the clearest example of a rational approach to this subject on the board. Evidence matters. Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, De Gea, Rashford...these lads are not “toxic”. They’re professional footballers, and they’re like all of us - they get paid to do a job, they think they’re quite good at it, and they’d quite like to be successful. This anti-Pogba agenda is rooted in some truly unpleasant undercurrents.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
I think the term toxic players is not the right one to describe the issue in the squad.

I think the problem stretches to the fact that we have camps in the squad (french-connection vs academy players) and those camps got stronger with the sacking of Mourinho as it was evident the players had the final say in his tenure (which I am happy about how it ended because he was a prick and a fraud)

I think his persistence with Lukaku up front despite being off-form and Matic in midfield caused a huge split within the squad. On one hand you have those players guaranteed to start while others like Pogba and Martial had to put in a 10/10 shift to play despite being the ones who would actually change the game.

Looking back at our run of games under Ole, we were in the driving seat, players who felt underappreciated started playing well, till the second tie of the PSG game.

After winning that game, you would have expected the players who actually won it to feature in the next games, but that was not the case, instead, the favored academy players got straight back in and the result was a huge drop in form (lost to arsenal and wolves in two competitions). The idea to persist with Rashford despite being so bad post-PSG and the idea to bring Lingard back in the lineup despite being useless and still not recovered 100% from injury clearly reignited the problems within the squad.

If I were Pogba and I look at this crop of average players surrounding me, if I am De Gea and I look at the average defenders supposed to lead the backline, there isn't much to discuss. I mean Young/Jones get contract extensions for what? Both are most likely to leave because it is evident that despite bringing in a new manager, favoring average english players in our squad has not really changed.

It is not about toxic players but rather poor man-management skills by the previous manager and the current one and of course the board being so lenient with players by giving them ridiculous wages, and those contract renewals wouldn't have been happened if they were not approved by the manager.

Ole should cut his affiliation non-sense with the likes of Smalling/Jones/Lingard/Rashford/Young because in all honesty those are the poorest english players from the current england lineup.

UpWithRivers

I dont get how you have toxic players in your squad. What does that even mean? Someone who is an arse and no one likes him? Someone who bad mouths everyone? Surely its obvious to everyone who that player is and it should be dealt with on the spot? whats management for?

Kaglish10

I dont get how you have toxic players in your squad. What does that even mean? Someone who is an arse and no one likes him? Someone who bad mouths everyone? Surely its obvious to everyone who that player is and it should be dealt with on the spot? whats management for?
Who is this player? I don't know.

Luke1995

I Agree, its more a job than a passion. They don't value or appreciate playing for United.
That's what Ferguson did so well, he sold the dream of the club to everyone back in the day... Schmeichel was Danish, Keane was Irish, Yorke was from Tobago, Cantona was french... it didn't matter from where you came from, Ferguson made everyone buy into the United way. Later aswell with Ronaldo, Evra, Van der Sar... and all the english players who didn't really grew up at United like Rooney and Carrick also were ready to die for the shirt.