The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I get what you re trying to say and I'd agree it shouldn't happen - at that point we are not any better than your average banana republic tho it certainly feels we re there already. Unfortunately however Mattis at least strikes me as one of the few sane and truly qualified people in this administration who you d think can have quite a bit of cloud over members on Trump s side of the aisle.
Yes, he's definitely in the higher echelon of the people Trump has brought into the cabinet. I'm surprised DeVos and Carson have slid through during all of the nonsense of the first year and a half.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
They are already talking about primaries....winning the primary which is more important than defending your country.

classic stuff.
At this point you d figure the strategy might be - get reasonable assurances Mueller is not coming out with anything that warrants direct impeachment - ride on Trump through the midterms since any loss there will likely be far worse if they have to impeach their own party's POTUS before that. ....get rid of Trump.. Claim you re doing what's right for the country and protecting the US Yada Yada.. Get conservative's wet dream Pence in.. Give him 2 years to undo some of the damage..come out better than you otherwise might have.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Strong statement from McCain. I bet he still confirms Kavanaugh though.
To be fair, why would he not? Confirming Kavanaugh to further conservative agenda is foremost in that fecker's mind than opposing Trump. In fact, that is the one reason why they are willing to go to the gutter with Trump. He will confirm him and continue to issue 'strong' statements. Liberals on the other hand will look for people who didn't vote to go to war on Iraq.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
To be fair, why would he not? Confirming Kavanaugh to further conservative agenda is foremost in that fecker's mind than opposing Trump. In fact, that is the one reason why they are willing to go to the gutter with Trump. He will confirm him and continue to issue 'strong' statements. Liberals on the other hand will look for people who didn't vote to go to war on Iraq.
Wasn't there some theory that the Republicans will magically grow a spine once the supreme court nomination is firmly secured with odds tilted in their favour?

kps88

Wasn't there some theory that the Republicans will magically grow a spine once the supreme court nomination is firmly secured with odds tilted in their favour?
If it was just about furthering their agenda, Pence could do a much better job. I think it's more about them knowing that a lot of their voters still like Trump and taking him on would be suicidal come November.

fishfingers15

I've not heard of it, but I don't think they will seriously grow a spine. They would back him to the full, get the 8 years out of him and hope at least a couple of more justices retire/die to irrevocably alter the justice wing of the government. They also have gerrymandering, census projects that they can tamper and make the election process more insular and non exclusive. From a pragmatic perspective, why would you even upset the applecart?

If it was just about furthering their agenda, Pence could do a much better job. I think it's more about them knowing that a lot of their voters still like Trump and taking him on would be suicidal come November.
Trump has his own base that will never ditch him, but this is about the rest of the Republican electorate that seemingly tolerate Trump.

Drifter

American
Schumer's appeal to the Republicans and his friend McConnell will just fall on deaf ears. That is the problem with establishment Dems .To cosy with Republicans.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I asked as much earlier and I’m reading through Twitter feeds right now and I’m beginning to believe it really might just be a watershed moment. There is tonnes of conservative talking heads and actual sitting GOP politicians who are doing everything from calling him out and calling it terrible act all the way through to actually washing their hands of him.

Democrats need to strike while the iron is hot and get legislation on the floor to protect Mueller.
I truly hope you're right, the fact that so many conservatives are coming out of the woodwork on this one is huge imo. Hopefully that will make at least some people wake up and realise that maybe this wasn't a case of the fake news twisting the story or libturds being snowflakes and whatever else is wrong when Trump usually makes an ass of himself.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I asked as much earlier and I’m reading through Twitter feeds right now and I’m beginning to believe it really might just be a watershed moment. There is tonnes of conservative talking heads and actual sitting GOP politicians who are doing everything from calling him out and calling it terrible act all the way through to actually washing their hands of him.

Democrats need to strike while the iron is hot and get legislation on the floor to protect Mueller.

GiddyUp

Please show me a source to these quotes. A copy/paste returns nothing, so let's see the full context and not your paraphrasing.
Look it up yourself ffs. Google will give you everything you need and then you can decide. I've already done my due diligence pal.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012

Schumer is Shit. Who listens to this fool.

They need new blood out front and centre.

He is doing a press conference at present. So bad from him. Change the background for a start. Make it look official instead of something out of a New York Yankie Museum.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
McCain spitting some hot fire, but there's always the sting in the tail from Republicans:

Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.

“It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world.

“Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable.

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”
https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public...A-5AEDF0685EC5

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Could you hate a man even more right now?? Why aren't his people telling him what an ass he is?? I can't honestly believe how he is being allowed to create so much havoc as this?

I don't think I've ever heard him say anything that is sincere, honest or coherent at all!

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Could you hate a man even more right now?? Why aren't his people telling him what an ass he is?? I can't honestly believe how he is being allowed to create so much havoc as this?

I don't think I've ever heard him say anything that is sincere, honest or coherent at all!
Because they are either in on it or benefiting from him. It’s simple really. They have no reason to do anything about him. They share the same agenda and he gets shit done for them. Once he’s gone, they will just pretend to be happy about it, distance themselves from him and continue, as if nothing ever happened.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Because they are either in on it or benefiting from him. It’s simple really. They have no reason to do anything about him. They share the same agenda and he gets shit done for them. Once he’s gone, they will just pretend to be happy about it, distance themselves from him and continue, as if nothing ever happened.
I think not even Boris Johnson would be THAT stupid to come out with the things that Trump does! This is supposed to be the POTUS?? And for that matter, I couldn't really see Melania doing Carpool Karaoke, or challenging Ellen to push ups or a dance off or anything like that?

They really are the worst in American history!

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think not even Boris Johnson would be THAT stupid to come out with the things that Trump does! This is supposed to be the POTUS?? And for that matter, I couldn't really see Melania doing Carpool Karaoke, or challenging Ellen to push ups or a dance off or anything like that?

They really are the worst in American history!
That‘s not what they are about. It’s about money and power. They need Trump to further decrease the government and its restrictions on them. They need him, to get the Supreme Court for the foreseeable future. Once they accomplished those feats, they’ll leave the sinking ship as soon as possible and start counting their money. The vast majority of those involved in this gigantic fraud, will never have to face any real consequences. They’ll only get richer and more powerful.
Some of them will be welcomed to showbusiness, once enough time has passed. They’ll apogologize, people will forget and that’s it.
There won’t be any great reckoning or process of cleaning out those foul apples. They have won. It’s about damage control, nothing more.
People like them never get what they deserve. People should face that reality and stop dreaming about magic Mueller.

fishfingers15

GEOTUS spoke with Bush?

Article 3 section III of the Constitution is specific.

What he has done does rise to it.

He has convicted himself with his own words.

EDIT:

The only question is do the Dems have the guts to push for it.

Forget impeachment.
This is even more funny than 'he'll pivot'.

Status
Not open for further replies.