The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
CNN anchors were saying before Trump started today's briefing that it was an unexpected one. It hadn't been scheduled. I wonder if Boris going into hospital had any role in the briefing happening. Trump did lead with wishing Boris well.

arthurka

Short answer: no.
Ok so the pledge of allegiance should now be changed from:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

To:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Dictatorship for which it stands, a group of privileged white rich republicans under God, divisible, with liberty for some and justice for the ones that the President decides.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Read elsewhere that a state which doesn't vote for Trump received only 17% of crucial medical aid, while one which does received 100% of the requested aid.
He only views the world through a lens of 'what can x do for me?'. In this case, it's re-election. Blue states aren't going to help him, so f*ck em, they're not my supporters.

The fact he swore an oath to serve all the American people means nothing to the man.

The biggest worry for me is the instinct I now have - seeing the surge in places like Florida and Georgia - of feeling like 'yeah that's what you get for being idiots and voting for Kemp and De Santis'. Which is horrible. America should at least be able to unite around something like this. But no, he turns it into yet another polarising lens through which to define his re-election.

If he gets re-elected after this absolute disaster of a disaster response it'll be yet another final straw in the republic. Something has to change, we cannot remain this divided and continue as a single country, under leadership like this.

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

Read elsewhere that a state which doesn't vote for Trump received only 17% of crucial medical aid, while one which does received 100% of the requested aid.
While this could be believable, the amount of "propaganda" going around in different newspapers all telling different stories are surprisingly high. Different sources claiming that USA are "stealing" medical supplies, while other sources calling it not true. Problematic when there are fewer and fewer new sources that care about facts, evidence etc, and more and more about jumping the bandwagon on some "plausible" sensationalistic story.

No wonder why many people are feeling disillusioned/perturbed.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
While this could be believable, the amount of "propaganda" going around in different newspapers all telling different stories are surprisingly high. Different sources claiming that USA are "stealing" medical supplies, while other sources calling it not true. Problematic when there are fewer and fewer new sources that care about facts, evidence etc, and more and more about jumping the bandwagon on some "plausible" sensationalistic story.

No wonder why many people are feeling disillusioned/perturbed.

The story about Blue states getting small percentages of the equipment they requested and it taking a while, then Florida getting 100% of what was asked for, and getting it in 3 days has been widely reported and confirmed by numerous sources over the last few days. Three Governors came out and expressed their disgust and anger about the situation.

Drifter

American
Giuliani trying to ‘regain relevance’ by advising Trump behind the scenes on coronavirus cures: report

According to a report in the Washington Post, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is slowly reinserting himself back into White House affairs by advising Donald Trump on possible cures for the coronavirus.

Giuliani, who has mostly dropped out of sight since the GOP-controlled Senate refused to oust the president after the House presented them with articles of impeachment, popped up on Fox News on Sunday to make the case for alternative cures for COVID-19 and has also been calling the president the report states.

The report notes Giuliani “….has cast himself in a new role: as personal science adviser to a president eager to find ways to short-circuit the coronavirus pandemic,” adding, “In one-on-one phone calls with Trump, Giuliani said, he has been touting the use of an anti-malarial drug combination that has shown some early promise in treating COVID-19, the disease the novel coronavirus causes, but whose effectiveness has not yet been proved. He said he now spends his days on the phone with doctors, coronavirus patients and hospital executives promoting the treatment, which Trump has also publicly lauded.”

In an interview, the former New York mayor admitted, “I discussed it with the president after he talked about it. I told him what I had on the drugs.”

According to the report, Giuliani has been using his podcast to push for alternative therapies including, “a stem cell therapy that involves what the ex-mayor called “placenta ‘killer cells.’ ”

According to a Giuliani biographer, the former mayor is just trying to get back into the Beltway power game.

”He’s been out of the news and out of the limelight since the end of the impeachment drama,” explained Andrew Kirtzman, who is working on a second book on Giuliani. “What you’re seeing is an effort to regain relevance.”

The report also notes, “In his newly fashioned role, Giuliani — who was widely praised for steering New York City with a steady hand through the 2001 terrorist attacks — has solicited medical tips from a controversial Long Island family doctor with a following in the conservative media, as well as a former pharmacist who once pleaded guilty to conspiring to extort the actor Steven Seagal.”
How deep can this craziness go.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
'A Really Chilling Moment': Trump Refuses to Allow Dr. Fauci to Answer Question on Dangers of Hydroxychloroquine

"This is a really chilling moment from a science standpoint, with Trump having just pushed an unproven COVID treatment and Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the U.S., getting muzzled on live TV," tweeted Andrew Freedman, a climate reporter for the Washington Post. "Was clear Trump didn't want to be contradicted."

Dr. Lucky Tran, a biologist, said Trump's interruption was "unacceptable."

"Dr. Fauci, one of the world's top infectious disease scientists, was just censored live at a White House press conference," tweeted Tran.
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...efuses-allow-dr-fauci-answer-question-dangers

Fosu-Mens

The story about Blue states getting small percentages of the equipment they requested and it taking a while, then Florida getting 100% of what was asked for, and getting it in 3 days has been widely reported and confirmed by numerous sources over the last few days. Three Governors came out and expressed their disgust and anger about the situation.

That is actually shockingly bad.

I was reading some "news reports" about a number of countries "claiming" equipment going to other countries last week. And people commenting on these reports all eating it up and saying that this is typical of X Country. Selfish, racists etc. Then the "reports" were disproven two days later. And given that the original reports were more likely to draw attention compared to the news about them being fake, there is an increase in the number of people that think that certain types of news are true... Bad for the world as a whole.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Does Trump stand to financially benefit from his promotion of hydroxychloroquine, or is he just desperate to get people working again?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Does Trump stand to financially benefit from his promotion of hydroxychloroquine, or is he just desperate to get people working again?
Also because he's mentally a child so once he's decided something he sticks with it no matter what because he can't bare admitting to being wrong.

Dr Fauci needs to grow a pair and tell Trump to shut the feck up.
That would be amazing, but if he does that Trump will get rid of him, and he probably thinks he'd rather stay be able to help in some way and try to do something, even if in vain, than not at all. I'd say that by doing that he's showing himself to have a bigger paid than all of the twats there.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That would be amazing, but if he does that Trump will get rid of him, and he probably thinks he'd rather stay be able to help in some way and try to do something, even if in vain, than not at all. I'd say that by doing that he's showing himself to have a bigger paid than all of the twats there.
That's what people have been claiming about all the experts though, including the generals who've come and gone throughout his term. The problem is it doesn't help anything, it just provides the cnut with a veneer of respectability and he's allowed to keep on with all his crazy shit, because everyone assumes the experts will stop him going too far.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
That's what people have been claiming about all the experts though, including the generals who've come and gone throughout his term. The problem is it doesn't help anything, it just provides the cnut with a veneer of respectability and he's allowed to keep on with all his crazy shit, because everyone assumes the experts will stop him going too far.
Yeah I guess it's just wishful thinking every time. What a great situation all round.

Foxbatt

I wish he would either sack him or the good doctor would resign. That would push the whole thing to breaking point.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He just things saying something assertively makes him look good.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I've been making these comments for a few days (Trump will put Fauci in a cage and roll out his HDC medication, Trump will dangerously come to become the world's saviour, Trump will win the election by having saved 10s of thousands of American lives).

This medication is Trump's last meal ticket to for more years. Fauci's concerns are irrelevant, as long as there is a short term uptick of recovery from covid the patients can go die later, after the elections.

It may so happen he actually is proven right as he 'may become the hero-cnut we needed, not the hero-cnut that we deserve'.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

I'm seriously wondering if you can still call that a democracy. The US probably have the worst constitution of the Western civilization. If you had told me four years ago that this could be possible in America, I would not have believed you. Incredible and absolutely sad.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The Right are hilariously,because they deserved to be laughed at, labelling Fauci as a deap-state democratic mole.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm out of the loop, but it kinda looks like a president who is clearly unfit for office/dodgy as feck, has been impeached (unsuccessfully in the house but yeah... Republicans) may go on to be re-elected? I mean that's crazy as feck!?

I know I said things are going to get worse but I don't think I fully thought about the implications when I said it. What an eye opener. Still, he may pivot any day now....

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Right are hilariously,because they deserved to be laughed at, labelling Fauci as a deap-state democratic mole.
It’s shocking how many people think this is a Democratic ploy to tank the economy before the election.

Actually, I take that back...nothing’s shocking.

Foxbatt

It's not only covid 19 that's spreading but lunacy too in the USA. My deepest apologies to all sensible Americans.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Giuliani trying to ‘regain relevance’ by advising Trump behind the scenes on coronavirus cures: report

How deep can this craziness go.
Christ, who in their right mind would take medical or scientific advice from the TV lawyer for the worst president in the history of the United States?

Foxbatt

Now there is some Indian origin bio tech engineer in USA trying to get rid of Dr. Fauci by starting a hashtag to get him sacked.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Now there is some Indian origin bio tech engineer in USA trying to get rid of Dr. Fauci by starting a hashtag to get him sacked.
Yup and the Q lunatics are doing the same. Those fruitcakes have gone right off the deep end. It's a hoax, not real and Trump has taken down more child abuse syndicates than anyone and it's all in his plan to expose the corruption around the world.

Or some shit like that.

Foxbatt

Yup and the Q lunatics are doing the same. Those fruitcakes have gone right off the deep end. It's a hoax, not real and Trump has taken down more child abuse syndicates than anyone and it's all in his plan to expose the corruption around the world.

Or some shit like that.
I have not seen more idiots coming out of the wood works than now. Some of the stuff you get on the internet now is unbelievable. I really wonder if they are WUMs or just plain imbeciles?

Revan

Assumptionman
Who knows? I think he just decided one day that hydroxychloroquine works, so now it has to work (even if doesn't really work) cause he cannot ever be wrong. And if it really works, it will give him an ego boost (hey, I was right even though my doctors were wrong, I am smart, my uncle was in MIT).

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Latest Rasmussen (his favourite, usually a pro-Trump outlier) has him down at 44% approve, 53% disapprove - some of their worst figures in his whole term.

Might be the bump is over.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Latest Rasmussen (his favourite, usually a pro-Trump outlier) has him down at 44% approve, 53% disapprove - some of their worst figures in his whole term.

He has realized that he can't lie his way out of this one. As a narcissist his ONLY way out of this one is to manipulate the narrative to avoid shame and seek admiration. At this stage, only those two things are at the forefront of his mind. He'd consistently say that he's doing a great job, he'd consistently say that his administration has the pandemic under control and based on that he's now starting to push unproven medical advice that can get people more sick or even killed. No matter how dangerous or wrong the words are out of his mouth, his SOLE PURPOSE is to make him look good or less bad, hence his "I don't take responsibility....it's the governors' fault, it's Obama's fault". At the end of the day Trump is a pathological liar and a narcissist and that compels him to avoid responsibility or shame. Those are his drivers...who dies, he doesn't care. Jail awaits him if he loses and he knows this.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Fauci's toast anyway. Trump already sent Navarro forth to discredit him. Soon we'll see a more compliant stooge taking his place.

Drifter

American

It was always going to happen. Bush got a bump with 9/11 and it fell soon after .The country will automatically rally around the President in a moment of crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.