The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ady87

Wish someone else was delivering this content. That's maybe the 3rd 'expose' she's handled but I just can't handle how she speaks. It's like a weird performance.
She has grown on me, gradually. The first video was painful and I said I'd never watch another but here we are! I don't know if the repeating of minor details, such as dates, is for effect or filler.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
She has grown on me, gradually. The first video was painful and I said I'd never watch another but here we are! I don't know if the repeating of minor details, such as dates, is for effect or filler.
She speaks like she is trying to educate people with a double digit IQ.

Oddly hot though.

surf

I like the idea of millennials paying less in health care premiums as they deserve some help (relative to baby boomers) in today's uncertain world. They pay higher car insurance premiums because they are higher risk drivers so why not apply that same insurance principle and give them a break with health care premiums because they are lower risks?

The big question with health care is what will the republicans do about medicare because the major health care costs are to look after those who are over 65 and hence old enough to be on it.

Javi

I like the idea of millennials paying less in health care premiums as they deserve some help (relative to baby boomers) in today's uncertain world. They pay higher car insurance premiums because they are higher risk drivers so why not apply that same insurance principle and give them a break with health care premiums because they are lower risks?

The big question with health care is what will the republicans do about medicare because the major health care costs are to look after those who are over 65 and hence old enough to be on it.
Seems like you're giving the answer in the second paragraph. If you want people with higher risk to underpay, then you're going to need people with lower risk to overpay unless of course you want the govt. to subsidize one group (= resdistribution).

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

The horrible answer I feel would be finding ways to kick people off it

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
If it's like Ireland, people won't take too kindly to this. iPhone Joan :lol:
It is and it isnt. Irish people in my opinion are a little more intelligent and willing to fight for whats in their pockets. But Americans tend to always make the wrong decisions whenever their pockets need help the most. HOWEVER the Irish will still vote for the same cnut parties that feck the place up all the time in FF and FG in the south and DUP in the north.

Blodssvik

By definition around half the population should have double digit IQ. It's a theoretical normal distribution curve centered around IQ100. It's not a threshold of mental retardation.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/07/politics/aarp-american-health-care-act/

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It is and it isnt. Irish people in my opinion are a little more intelligent and willing to fight for whats in their pockets. But Americans tend to always make the wrong decisions whenever their pockets need help the most. HOWEVER the Irish will still vote for the same cnut parties that feck the place up all the time in FF and FG in the south and DUP in the north.
True. FF made a mockery of the country and I wanted them to disappear out of existence so badly when I was abroad during the bailout (I heard "Aw, poor Ireland" from people every day), and look where we are now.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
True. FF made a mockery of the country and I wanted them to disappear out of existence so badly when I was abroad during the bailout (I heard "Aw, poor Ireland" from people every day), and look where we are now.
FF and FG make me sick, but people still dont trust SF in the south. Maybe if they can make this momentum in the north work (doubtful) then we may see them make better inroads in the south break the duopoly at the Dail. But with all our faults on the island we are better at standing our ground and at least trying to help our pockets than the poor/working class in the US do especially in the rural areas.

Neutral

BTV
I know everyone got upset with the 'iphone or insurance' comment....

so, a little trip down memory lane courtesy of what else...Fox News and this British twit

:lol:

ghagua

By definition around half the population should have double digit IQ. It's a theoretical normal distribution curve centered around IQ100. It's not a threshold of mental retardation.
You're not far off with that assessment.

ghagua

The government taxes most people out of their wazoo. They have a tax for this and tax for that, but when it's comes time to work out an affordable health care coverage for all, politicians bring out the line that they don't want to raise the taxes or burden the public. Half the population actually believe this shite.

Javi

I know everyone got upset with the 'iphone or insurance' comment....

so, a little trip down memory lane courtesy of what else...Fox News and this British twit

[...]
Must be from the times when the right wing group's main target was the welfare state, not immigrants.

ChaddyP

This health care plan is such a mess in my opinion. The republicans ran on this huge idea of repeal and replace for what seems like forever. They now have the ways and means to do it but their voters got to love alot of the mandates in Obama care. They like the medicare expansion, they like the preexisting conditions mandate and basically to keep all the things that they like about Obama care they have to basically shuffle the deck and deal out something similar but possibly even worse, something that no one wants and that has no. way of passing in. the floor and its not even complete, it's just a first phase. After all of Trumps and Ryans big talk and promises this is what they came up with. Now just like the dems did, they want to rush this through but this time without even getting the cost and coverage numbers. If this doesn't go through its going to be the beginning of the end for the republican led Congress

The Firestarter

From the comments: "Carson proves that you can be a brain surgeon and still not have a brain yourself"

Status
Not open for further replies.