The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Absolute

So basically what it is now?
What's needed is an effective barrier against illegal entry to the US. What does it matter whether it's a wall, a fence, a moat or an impregnable line of killer poodles?

I've never understood the fetishization of THE WALL by its opponents. I suppose liberal hypersensitivity to appearances partly accounts for it, but what Trump voters want is a permanent halt to the flow of illegal immigrants across their borders; they're don't care how that is achieved.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Why the hell does Trump still care so much about what the media are saying? He's about to become the President ffs. He won. The media played right into his hands and he won. It makes so sense why he'd still be so hung up on what they have to say, I can only put it down to insecurity on his part.

In terms of his presidency in general, I think he'll (thankfully) fail to do most of the things that he said he'd do and lose the vote of many republicans as a result. At the same time, he won't do anywhere near enough to win over people who voted Hillary, so I think he's destined to last the 4 years.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What's needed is an effective barrier against illegal entry to the US. What does it matter whether it's a wall, a fence, a moat or an impregnable line of killer poodles?

I've never understood the fetishization of THE WALL by its opponents. I suppose liberal hypersensitivity to appearances partly accounts for it, but what Trump voters want is a permanent halt to the flow of illegal immigrants across their borders; they're don't care how that is achieved.
I can already see Hollywood's picturization, Killer poodles vs Demon Chihuahuas.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I heard that MSNBC is owned by Comcast which is strongly pushing for the TPP. The situation is a mess and "liberals" are equally, if not more, to blame for it.
I'm convinced the TPP will go through.

Trump will probably negotiate small changes and proclaim it the bestest trade deal ever ever, and they'll win bigly out of it.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yes, this is the key. You can only scare poor folks so much with Muslims and gays. feck knows why those dumbasses are so desperate to work in a mine anyway. That'd be the last place I'd want to work. I'd rather have taken a punt on clean energy jobs.
Agreed! You don't have to go 500 feet underground and get black lung for renewable energy

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Because Trump paints Mexicans as evildoers and scum, while the numbers actually crossing the border illegally are very low and the wall would cost billions upon billions in construction and maintenance.

It's a ridiculous stupid idea to 'fix' a problem that's actually not that much of a problem and is rooted in ignorance and racism.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know

The reason LIBERALS take the piss out the wall is because it's a stupid idea that won't work.

Israel can't stop Palestinian's moving in and out of Gaza despite their blockade and you think a wall stretching across 3000 km is going to do better?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Because Trump paints Mexicans as evildoers and scum, while the numbers actually crossing the border illegally are very low and the wall would cost billions upon billions in construction and maintenance.

It's a ridiculous stupid idea to 'fix' a problem that's actually not that much of a problem and is rooted in ignorance and racism.
Most of the illegals in the US are people who went into the country legally (mostly by plane) then proceeded to overstay. A wall is not going to stop people from flying into the country.

Lyricist

Maybe I was blind before but how crazy it is that Ann Coulter is one of the only 41 people that Trump follows on Twitter. (about 20 of the accounts he's following are his family or his own organisations as well which makes it even more ridiculous)

Fergies Gum

Maybe I was blind before but how crazy it is that Ann Coulter is one of the only 41 people that Trump follows on Twitter. (about 20 of the accounts he's following are his family or his own organisations as well which makes it even more ridiculous)
Even more crazier is that she is being considered for press secretary.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Europe's foreign ministers gathering for an emergency dinner now, to discuss Trump's win. You can bet they will come out with one hell of a strong and comprehensible statement (well not really, we're just fecked).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Europe's foreign ministers gathering for an emergency dinner now, to discuss Trump's win. You can bet they will come out with one hell of a strong and comprehensible statement (well not really, we're just fecked).
"Dear president Trump don't be a meanie or we will be angry, confused and very red."

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Israel can't stop Palestinian's moving in and out of Gaza despite their blockade
What? They can and do, both in Gaza and the West Bank.

roseguy64

Why the hell does Trump still care so much about what the media are saying? He's about to become the President ffs. He won. The media played right into his hands and he won. It makes so sense why he'd still be so hung up on what they have to say, I can only put it down to insecurity on his part.

In terms of his presidency in general, I think he'll (thankfully) fail to do most of the things that he said he'd do and lose the vote of many republicans as a result. At the same time, he won't do anywhere near enough to win over people who voted Hillary, so I think he's destined to last the 4 years.
Because they were right about him? That's how he's always been. He holds a grudge. Can't let things go.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
"Dear president Trump don't be a meanie or we will be angry, confused and very red."
:lol:

It'll literally be:

"We, as a united Europe, can and will not tolerate hate, racism and bigotry drifting this world apart. That's why want to congratulate Donald J. Trump with his elections and we are very much looking forward to working together with him as much as we can".

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Is he backtracking on the wall, the 11m deportations and repealing Obamacare?
Reading news today would suggest he is. What else is he backtracking on?

I wonder how his supporters feel now?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
:lol:

It'll literally be:

"We, as a united Europe, can and will not tolerate hate, racism and bigotry drifting this world apart. That's why want to congratulate Donald J. Trump with his elections and we are very much looking forward to working together with him as much as we can".
They're all hypocrites.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Why does the result of the election change your opinion of him? All that's happened is people voting. He's still the exact same person.
I abhor his electoral manifesto and promises but I don't think he is stupid or out of touch or moronic any more.

He clearly has plans and is able to execute them.

And he knows how to play the media to his advantage. I think he was trolling lot of the time as opposed to being 'thin skinned'.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

What the feck are you on about? It was Trump voters who got a hard on over the whole concept. You know, the ones repeatedly chanting "Build a wall! Build a wall!" Or are you now claiming there was a silent "metaphorical" between "a" and "wall"?

Cal?

CR7 fan

McUnited

She's a formidable woman. Articulate, intelligent, gracious, (and beautiful)!
It's a shame she receives so much unwarranted invective from people clearly nowhere near as informed about the issues she talks about.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
What the feck are you on about? It was Trump voters who got a hard on over the whole concept. You know, the ones repeatedly chanting "Build a wall! Build a wall!" Or are you now claiming there was a silent "metaphorical" between "a" and "wall"?
:lol: it was metaphoric chanting. 'Lock her up' actually meant 'defeat her fairly'.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I think he will eventually drop most of these policies. He adopted them simply to gain votes and now that he has what he wants - the Presidency - he will mean revert back to most of the policies he has supported over the years, which can largely be summed up as liberal NE Republican policies - socially and fiscally moderate (by Republican standards). Of course, this will all get marketed to this supporters as "making deals" which will be received well, despite the fact that he is more or less flip flopping on the core constituents of what made him popular to his followers in the first place.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Since when? This last week?
yes, since he won the election.

Without being too philosophical, I totally misread what millions of people thought to be sacred moral code. He didn't, and played up to those values to win him the election. He was always the smartest guy in the whole election.

The failure of neo liberals to take him seriously or understand his genius has cost us 4 potentially horrific years ahead (according to my moral and societal point of view). I dont want to that again, so Im going to assume from now on that he has plans. To be able to counteract that in any way I can, I need to empathise with him first.

Drifter

American

When he backtracks on jobs .Then they will see him as just another lying politician

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
yes, since he won the election.

Without being too philosophical, I totally misread what millions of people thought to be sacred moral code. He didn't, and played up to those values to win him the election.

The failure of neo liberals to take him seriously or understand his genius has cost us 4 potentially horrific years ahead (according to my moral and societal point of view). I dont want to that again, so Im going to assume from now on that he has plans. To be able to counteract that in any way I can, I need to empathise with him first.
Such a strange post. I think you're just desperate to look on the bright side. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You and @Raoul both. Fair enough. We all have our own way of coping with shit like this.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's a shame she receives so much unwarranted invective from people clearly nowhere near as informed about the issues she talks about.
You have got to be on a wind up.
Such a strange post. I think you're just desperate to look on the bright side. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You and @Raoul both. Fair enough. We all have our own way of coping with shit like this.
Coping mechanisms on display this week have been interesting, must be said.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Indeed. Lovely woman...

I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester. ... I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." --on the murder of Kansas abortion doctor George Tiller, FOX News interview, June 22, 2009

Lyricist

Are you actually serious?

"Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation's moral decay." -Ann Coulter on American fans of World Cup soccer

Sounds reasonable!

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'" - Ann Coulter

"I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo." - Ann Coulter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.