The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Am I an evil person for hoping this passes? Let them experience what they have voted for. Let them suffer.
A Trump presidency where he just tweets shit while not actually getting anything done, or worsening anything, might give people the assumption that alt-right nutjobs like him aren't that bad afterall.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
Am I an evil person for hoping this passes? Let them experience what they have voted for. Let them suffer.
A Trump presidency where he just tweets shit in twitter while not actually getting anything done, or worsening anything, might give people the assumption that alt-right nutjobs like him aren't that bad afterall.
There's something to be said for the "you've made your bed, now lay in it" approach. Sometimes people won't get the stomach for fixing things until they get really really bad.

On a personal note, if this passes, I'm gonna rub it in the noses of my parents when their insurance gets more expensive

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
A Trump presidency where he just tweets shit while not actually getting anything done, or worsening anything, might give people the assumption that alt-right nutjobs like him aren't that bad afterall.
The problem is that a lot of people affected by this will have voted against Trump as well.
I'm with you on this though. America as a whole let this idiot get in power, let them see how much damage an unqualified buffoon can cause to their day-to-day lives.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm fairly sure that actually is fake news.

Fergies Gum

Good jobs report today. 200k added. 4.4% unemployment. Lowest for about a decade.
Don't be expecting Trump supporters to be cheering these numbers ;).

They clearly claimed the figures were rigged when Obama was in office, so surely they're not going to be hypocrites and think these figures are real nowadays.

MTF

Good jobs report today. 200k added. 4.4% unemployment. Lowest for about a decade.
Continues to be the possibly the biggest contradiction of 2016 to me: nearly every company I cover that in some way is labor-intensive has been saying for 12 months that they can't get enough people to fill the openings, and that it's slowing them down each in their particular way. And yet the election played out as if people were struggling in broad areas of the country.

Maybe it is true, and there's just a massive geographic disconnection: these openings are in broader urban areas or other areas that are still attracting industry, while the labor is largely elsewhere... but recently I got another piece of the puzzle that I thought was interesting: one company I spoke to reported that their clients are having trouble getting sober labor. A lot of people can't pass drug tests. It sounds like it can't be widespread or that big a factor, but then you remember the opioid epidemic, and it gets me at least thinking.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rather than being where the secret service are already stationed to look after his family he'll be going to another location requiring additional protection detail, yet thinks that will save money?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
@Everyone saying "I hope they suffer":
The Trump vote, within the same education level, is proportional to income.

(Though I completely get the sentiment behind what you are saying)

@langster
Many Trump voters aren't any more or less persuadable than any other voters - look at Bernie's town halls in Michigan and Virginia for evidence. It took him less than an hour to get the majority of a room full of them to cheer his lines, in a county where Dem party officials voted for Trump.
But that is immensely hard work, and requires someone with Bernie's popularity + national reach (I'm not sure that person exists) to go around the country holding political meetings.

Neutral

BTV
13 senators crafting health bill, per source:
Alexander
Cruz
Cotton

Lee
Gardner
Portman
Toomey
Enzi
Hatch
McConnell
Cornyn
Thune
Barrasso

Any bill these assholes make up will be WORSE than what the House put up

Tyrion

Reince is such a loser - punting the ball into the end zone isn't a good thing ffs :lol: :lol:
I'm not American, have never watched more than 10 minutes of any NFL game and I'm pretty sure punting it there does nothing.

Being raped is now a pre existing condition?
You've got to love the GOP bible thumping Christians.
I honestly can't think of any good thing the GOP does. I'm liberal so I don't agree with the Tories in the UK but I never think they're trying to do the wrong thing while the GOP resembles a cabal of James Bond villains in the Simpsons.

Fener1907

I remember when 'great' used to just be about getting kids to buy Frosties. Pretty depressing how bastardized it's become.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Slight tangent but does anyone thing Trump is actually any good at golf? I mean he plays a lot but I just can't imagine him crushing a nice drive down the fairway.

Status
Not open for further replies.