The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No I do not go to the rallies. I only watch the rallies after the event if there is something news worthy. They all seem the same to me. Fake news, dems are obstructing, exaggeration of progress, witch hunt, slag off opponent, react to Mueller ...repeat. They are very different to what is reported or what can be read on here.
I just read a fact check on Trump inciting violence on snoop. Very interesting. He said 7 times words the effect of rough up, punch him in the face ...etc. taken out of context it appears to insight violence to protesters at his rallies in 2016. In context, less about insight violence. Even the I will cover your court costs was after he had said don't hurt him, if you do I will cover court costs. Very different to say what Maxine or the looney lefties were encouraging in California,
So you don't go to the rallies, you watch them afterwards (on which network I wonder?) like the rest of us. Yet you insist that you know more about the rallies and the folk that go there, than anyone on here? Why is that? Expand...

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I watched one of those rallies. It's unreal to me. It's like watching a herd of sheep.

I especially liked the part where Jim Acosta is reporting during the CNN SUCKS CNN SUCKS bit. It's a bit like one of those Animal Planet reporters describing wild life.

I'm not saying the people attending are sub human scum or anything, but if I was, I would definitely cover my court costs.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
So you don't go to the rallies, you watch them afterwards (on which network I wonder?) like the rest of us. Yet you insist that you know more about the rallies and the folk that go there, than anyone on here? Why is that? Expand...
He's on the wum mate. Always trying to be contrary to everything anyone says. He's clearly wrong most of the time too but he won't ever admit it and will ignore any replies proving such. Perfect example is the latest defence of Trumps rallies yet completely ignoring the violence at them and the rhetoric used by Trump or the countless videos of his supporters at them saying the most diabolical things.

afrocentricity

He's on the wum mate. Always trying to be contrary to everything anyone says. He's clearly wrong most of the time too but he won't ever admit it and will ignore any replies proving such. Perfect example is the latest defence of Trumps rallies yet completely ignoring the violence at them and the rhetoric used by Trump or the countless videos of his supporters at them saying the most diabolical things.
Suspected that a while ago but decided maybe he is genuine so was trying to get him to think for himself.

langster

Scout
Suspected that a while ago but decided maybe he is genuine so was trying to get him to think for himself.
I felt the same mate, but like you have the benefit of doubt. Defending the rhetoric and violence at his rallies is the last straw though. It's undeniable yet somehow he still tried to justify it or make out it's not meant how we all take it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Trump damns himself with virtually every public pronouncement. He's the last person who deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
No I do not go to the rallies. I only watch the rallies after the event if there is something news worthy. They all seem the same to me. Fake news, dems are obstructing, exaggeration of progress, witch hunt, slag off opponent, react to Mueller ...repeat. They are very different to what is reported or what can be read on here.
I just read a fact check on Trump inciting violence on snoop. Very interesting. He said 7 times words the effect of rough up, punch him in the face ...etc. taken out of context it appears to insight violence to protesters at his rallies in 2016. In context, less about insight violence. Even the I will cover your court costs was after he had said don't hurt him, if you do I will cover court costs. Very different to say what Maxine or the looney lefties were encouraging in California,
Not sure what this snoop is you check your facts on but if you use Snopes instead then they say the exact opposite of what you claim and even include video footage of every incident of incitement to violence that was quoted. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/

If you're not on a WUM then you seriously need to do your research a little more thoroughly.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I was pointing out how stupid the post I was replying to was. He said Trump wasn't inciting violence, by offering to pay for any damages, should they occur, by making the caveat "Don't hurt them" even though he said to assault them.

Sorry that this was difficult to follow. Are you a Trump supporter per chance?
:lol: You must be new here. I understood what you were saying but I found your references to Hitler to be incredibly absurd.

Florida Man

The folks at rallies are bonkers but when it comes to acting on violence, they’re really just a punch of punks. Act tough when they’re around their kind but then are the same people who would call the cops because they were scared of black people at a pool.

In all seriousness, I’m around Trump voters and Trump rally attendees every day, and they’re pretty harmless in the general population. Ignorance, rather than violence is the bigger issue from my personal observations.

Carolina Red

Staff
The folks at rallies are bonkers but when it comes to acting on violence, they’re really just a punch of punks. Act tough when they’re around their kind but then are the same people who would call the cops because they were scared of black people at a pool.

In all seriousness, I’m around Trump voters and Trump rally attendees every day, and they’re pretty harmless in the general population. Ignorance, rather than violence is the bigger issue from my personal observations.
Solid description, there.

afrocentricity

Same things would have been said about loads of individuals that went on to do bad things. I'm just saying do not sleep on these people. Would you really bet your life on a Trump supporter (the deranged gun nut type) being harmless?

GiddyUp

I could quite easily counter that with BS. Trump does wind the audience up, but not to attack other voters. His rallies are comical to an extent, but he does not tell voters to seek out dem voters or suggest people should be vigilantes. Sure he goes on about Fake news and they go crazy, He attacks dem or republican politicians that cross, shock horror that's new. For you to say he is a dangerous man is way OTT, dispicable maybe, but dangerous. As for David Duke until the election I had never heard of him. But it became clear that people like him and Farrakhan though opposite extremes are more associated with dems than republicans. They are dangerous.
So you heard of Farrakhan before the election but not David Duke.

Carolina Red

Staff
Same things would have been said about loads of individuals that went on to do bad things. I'm just saying do not sleep on these people. Would you really bet your life on a Trump supporter (the deranged gun nut type) being harmless?
I mean... if it goes totally south for Trump, I’m not concerned about my well-being.

afrocentricity

I mean... if it goes totally south for Trump, I’m not concerned about my well-being.
You have guns to protect yourself and I'm guessing your 'ready for whatever' :lol:

I'd be the same in your shoes (and especially in my skin).

GiddyUp

Bingo. They are brainwashed in to ignorance and political self harm by years of fox propaganda conditioning.
I would love if a Dem wins in 2020 that they will wipe this farce off the books in the 1st week.
Also, i believe if the Dems win control over the house, Maxine Waters has the power to subpoena trumps tax returns. I hope this is true.

SalfordRed1960

So you heard of Farrakhan before the election but not David Duke.
No. sorry if I gave that perception. Never heard of him either. Do not tend to follow extremists, but was quite shocked when I heard both. Didn't realise David Duke was a democrat candidate in 1980. Just thought it was strange that he got labeled republican.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Try wikipedia, a democrat candidate in 1980.
...became an actual Republican state representative by 1989, ran as a Republican for the Governorship (1991), Presidency (1992), Senate (1990, 96, 2016), House (1999) and stands as a Republican today after being motivated to rejoin by Trump. Dude hasn't been a Democrat for 30 years and yet is more associated with the Democratic party? Come on man.

Edit: Got the dates all wrong

Last edited:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
No. sorry if I gave that perception. Never heard of him either. Do not tend to follow extremists, but was quite shocked when I heard both. Didn't realise David Duke was a democrat candidate in 1980. Just thought it was strange that he got labeled republican.

He ran as a dem because he was challenging the incumbent republican. You're also either ignoring or ignorant of the history of racism and the democratic party of the south in the last century. Personally I think you're mostly on the WUM as indicated by your wilful ignorance of any challenges to your posts.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If you are referring to Giddy's question I answered it.
FYA as you appear to have missed them:

...became an actual Republican state representative by 1989, ran as a Republican for the Governorship (1991), Presidency (1992), Senate (1990, 96, 2016), House (1999) and stands as a Republican today after being motivated to rejoin by Trump. Dude hasn't been a Democrat for 30 years and yet is more associated with the Democratic party? Come on man.

Edit: Got the dates all wrong
He ran as a dem because he was challenging the incumbent republican. You're also either ignoring or ignorant of the history of racism and the democratic party of the south in the last century. Personally I think you're mostly on the WUM as indicated by your wilful ignorance of any challenges to your posts.

SalfordRed1960

FYA as you appear to have missed them:
Actually I was just going through them all. Most post the same position.

So what I gather is Duke was a republican who wanted to challenge another republican so rather than be an independent he ran as a democrat, but he actually wasn't a democrat. OK, get that, strange, but if that is fact I can accept that. He then ran as a republican for many years. So my assertion that he was more associated with democrats is wrong. I am corrected. As for Farrakhan, I heard his name come up during the election, watch a few videos and that was enough to decide do not need to listen to this crap.

As for the quotes about inciting violence, snopes was the site I saw, not snoop (autocorrection), and someone has already posted that. If people believe that those statements are inciting republicans to go about beating up democrats then we are way off the same page. I already said that he did say those words, but the videos put it in context. This is not even on the same page as what Maxine & co have said to their supporters. Evidence would suggest it is republican voters getting attacked, not democrats. It also seems to be OK with many on here.

You lot will be telling me next that when United fans are singing about "kicking a blue" or "He's only a poor little scouser" and so on they are inciting United fans to go around kicking blues or bricking scousers, because we are a captive audience so we must be dumb as shit. I stand by my view that Republicans have not been incited to attack anyone, by Trump, republican politicians or even activists. The far right and the far left will always kick shit out of each other becuase they have no message.

I am a brit, not an american. I am not a republican or democrat. However, living here it is wise to understand what is actually going on. The comments on here are very one sided and misleading. I am not wumming, that is a weak argument for being challenged. I am arguing against what I see as left wing facist comments on here by many. The hatred and rhetoric against fellow citizens is amazing. The comments that reflect one section of the population is below another is amazing.

SalfordRed1960

@langster

Guys, I am not wumming you up. You intepret things your way. When I read your comments it comes across as "guilty until proven innocent", rather than 'innocent until proven guilty'. As some other poster said Trump does not deserve any benefit of the doubt. That is reflected in any news on Russian collusion or any other topic of the day. This place almost has an orgasm of excitement that this may be the end, then the melt down, then the wild accusations.

Trump is all bluster, you hate the guy so you take it literally, you also seem to believe those that attend the rallies are so dumb they also take it literally. You also want to react to certain words in those videos and suggest he is inciting violence. I heard them and did not think for one minute that the audience would go on some war path to attack democrats. So, I disagree.

I hear you guys make wild and very broad accusations, and I challenge them. Not everyone is tarred with the same brush. Do you really think non-democrats think that every democrat is ICE-hating or going after republican adminstration personnel. No. So, I think it is fair to say, not all republicans are the way that you guys portray them.

afrocentricity

@langster

Guys, I am not wumming you up. You intepret things your way. When I read your comments it comes across as "guilty until proven innocent", rather than 'innocent until proven guilty'. As some other poster said Trump does not deserve any benefit of the doubt. That is reflected in any news on Russian collusion or any other topic of the day. This place almost has an orgasm of excitement that this may be the end, then the melt down, then the wild accusations.

Trump is all bluster, you hate the guy so you take it literally, you also seem to believe those that attend the rallies are so dumb they also take it literally. You also want to react to certain words in those videos and suggest he is inciting violence. I heard them and did not think for one minute that the audience would go on some war path to attack democrats. So, I disagree.

I hear you guys make wild and very broad accusations, and I challenge them. Not everyone is tarred with the same brush. Do you really think non-democrats think that every democrat is ICE-hating or going after republican adminstration personnel. No. So, I think it is fair to say, not all republicans are the way that you guys portray them.
Speaking for myself. When I talk about the likelyhood of people at his talks being led by Trump against their own interests, I base that on fact. When I alluded to there being a danger of a nutcase Trump supporter killing someone, I'm talking about a subset of Trump supporter not everyone at the rally. So if you know some old dear that goes there and can't fathom the idea of her going postal, take a step back and think about what I may be trying to say without letting that cloud your perspective.

I stand by that btw. I think there are dangerous individuals that worship trump and what he stands for, with their alternate reality, talking about the things they want to do in the comments of articles or on their social media. Nobody takes them seriously until after the fact....

But I can't take you seriously tho because you keep alluding to all these things that the 'left' are doing that are so much worst, without actually giving examples, and I'm here thinking 'show me something then?'

Playing down anything trump or republicans do too. You need to start looking at all sources of info/news not just want you want to hear. People in this thread have posted hard facts to discount some of the things you've said and you either swerve it or try to counter it with a dose of which whataboutism.

On your point about benefit of the doubt. How much is he supposed to get? A while back I used to question what I was hearing because it was crazy, outlandish, whatever...

But I've read articles, watched documentaries, observed his presidency and what he says and does, how he acts. At a point you have to realise the guy is a wrong un and take that into consideration when you hear the latest feckries....

You (and I'm telling specifically to you) cannot just ignore all that just because you like the guy, or he thinks like you and you can relate to him, or because he's on the same side as you....

I hate writing long ass posts.

Last edited:

Florida Man

Actually I was just going through them all. Most post the same position.

So what I gather is Duke was a republican who wanted to challenge another republican so rather than be an independent he ran as a democrat, but he actually wasn't a democrat. OK, get that, strange, but if that is fact I can accept that. He then ran as a republican for many years. So my assertion that he was more associated with democrats is wrong. I am corrected. As for Farrakhan, I heard his name come up during the election, watch a few videos and that was enough to decide do not need to listen to this crap.

As for the quotes about inciting violence, snopes was the site I saw, not snoop (autocorrection), and someone has already posted that. If people believe that those statements are inciting republicans to go about beating up democrats then we are way off the same page. I already said that he did say those words, but the videos put it in context. This is not even on the same page as what Maxine & co have said to their supporters. Evidence would suggest it is republican voters getting attacked, not democrats. It also seems to be OK with many on here.

You lot will be telling me next that when United fans are singing about "kicking a blue" or "He's only a poor little scouser" and so on they are inciting United fans to go around kicking blues or bricking scousers, because we are a captive audience so we must be dumb as shit. I stand by my view that Republicans have not been incited to attack anyone, by Trump, republican politicians or even activists. The far right and the far left will always kick shit out of each other becuase they have no message.

I am a brit, not an american. I am not a republican or democrat. However, living here it is wise to understand what is actually going on. The comments on here are very one sided and misleading. I am not wumming, that is a weak argument for being challenged. I am arguing against what I see as left wing facist comments on here by many. The hatred and rhetoric against fellow citizens is amazing. The comments that reflect one section of the population is below another is amazing.
I personally don't think you're wumming but as far as the bolded goes, is that you using some kind of colloquialism or do you really think left wing fascism is a thing?

Carolina Red

Staff
Hannity is on his radio show right now promoting the federal government intervening in Chicago... while in the same monologue promoting “limited government”.

langster

Scout
Speaking for myself. When I talk about the likelyhood of people at his talks being led by Trump against their own interests, I base that on fact. When I alluded to there being a danger of a nutcase Trump supporter killing someone, I'm talking about a subset of Trump supporter not everyone at the rally. So if you know some old dear that goes there and can't fathom the idea of her going postal, take a step back and think about what I may be trying to say without letting that cloud your perspective.

I stand by that btw. I think there are dangerous individuals that worship trump and what he stands for, with their alternate reality, talking about the things they want to do in the comments of articles or on their social media. Nobody takes them seriously until after the fact....

But I can't take you seriously tho because you keep alluding to all these things that the 'left' are doing that are so much worst, without actually giving examples, and I'm here thinking 'show me something then?'

Playing down anything trump or republicans do too. You need to start looking at all sources of info/news not just want you want to hear. People in this thread have posted hard facts to discount some of the things you've said and you either swerve it or try to counter it with a dose of which whataboutism.

On your point about benefit of the doubt. How much is he supposed to get? A while back I used to question what I was hearing because it was crazy, outlandish, whatever...

But I've read articles, watched documentaries, observed his presidency and what he says and does, how he acts. At a point you have to realise the guy is a wrong un and take that into consideration when you hear the latest feckries....

You (and I'm telling specifically to you) cannot just ignore all that just because you like the guy, or he thinks like you and you can relate to him, or because he's on the same side as you....

I hate writing long ass posts.
Saved me replying. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.