The United Trinity

VJ1762

So, we all know about our trinity and how all three of them won the Balon d'or. Are there any other teams who had 3 or more players winning the balon d'or when they were playing together at any point in their history?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Feels like this is a question you could have answered yourself by just going on wiki.

No, not a trinity unless you count the two different Milan trebles in '88 and '89 or Messi, Iniesta and Xavi getting 1st-3rd in 2010. A few doubles through the year: Di Stefano & Kopa, Müller & Beckenbauer, Rossi & Platini and Ronaldo & Modric.

SCJY

I’m confused. What exactly is the “Trinity”.

Edit: never mind, it’s Law, Best, Charlton

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Gullit and van Basten at Milan. That's it really...I think.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Rooney
Ronaldo
Tevez

Screw barca we were the best team in the world.

could defend with the best, could attack with the best. Scholes and Carrick too.

FujiVice

The Brazil side of 2002 had 4 either previous or future Balon D'or winners. Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Kleberson. Sorry, I mean Kaka.

VJ1762

I am surprised that some don't know about the trinity. I mean, I don't know many facts about the club, but we have a statue of them outside of OT though.

VJ1762

I was born after Beckham made his first team debut, so I don't know many facts/stories of the club even from the 90's. My knowledge of the club is mainly through wikipedia, redcafe and biographies. I actually envy those alive to see the club in the 90's. Probably the best period in the club's history.