Television The Witcher | Netflix | There are NO Book spoilers here

SirAnderson

Been dying to discuss the series since I've started season 2 last week but haven't been able to because of the clear notice of spoilers in the current thread.

Don't think it's fair for those who want to discuss it without it being spoilt by those who've read the books.

I have 2 more episodes to go and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I had to watch the 5 min recap on YouTube just to get my bearings again though.

Merry Christmas @Conor

pascell

I've only watched the series, are the books worth a read? Want to play The Witcher 3 too seen as it's £6.99 on the PlayStation store atm.

SirAnderson

It's funny how this is the opposite of Wheel of Time, where the book-readers had to make a separate thread to discuss under threat of banning.
Yeah quite surprised when I saw the thread title.
I think even with the Dune movie, there were no book spoilers there, just folks recommending it or saying the others were shite or something.

I have no knowledge of The Witcher books at all, and would hate for what is to come to be spoilt by it.

It's such a incredible world they have created, I wonder how many seasons they will be able to make of it before they run out of book content, but seems like there so much ways it can go.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I've only watched the series, are the books worth a read? Want to play The Witcher 3 too seen as it's £6.99 on the PlayStation store atm.
Most everyone says they are. The game is also on sale on PC, and it’d be a great time to pick it up because after the last episode we’re past the major spoilers…I think. Don’t quote me on that. The show is so different it probably doesn’t matter at this point.

pascell

Can speak to the books, but thoroughly enjoyed the games. Although can't remember much of the story :lol:
Most everyone says they are. The game is also on sale on PC, and it’d be a great time to pick it up because after the last episode we’re past the major spoilers…I think. Don’t quote me on that. The show is so different it probably doesn’t matter at this point.
Thanks guys, for £6.99 it's a no brainer I guess, its just getting the time to play it.

SirAnderson

Thanks guys, for £6.99 it's a no brainer I guess, its just getting the time to play it.
Yeah it's crazy long, can easily run up 100 hours play time if you get deep into it and not just the main stuff.

I actually feel like giving it another play through after I watch the series finish this week, but yeah time is no friend these days.

pascell

Yeah it's crazy long, can easily run up 100 hours play time if you get deep into it and not just the main stuff.

I actually feel like giving it another play through after I watch the series finish this week, but yeah time is no friend these days.
Thats the only thing that would stop me from buying it as I wouldn't do it justice. I had horizon zero dawn or whatever it was called and never touched the surface with it.

Guess it's always good to have on there just incase though.

Conor

Been dying to discuss the series since I've started season 2 last week but haven't been able to because of the clear notice of spoilers in the current thread.

Don't think it's fair for those who want to discuss it without it being spoilt by those who've read the books.

I have 2 more episodes to go and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I had to watch the 5 min recap on YouTube just to get my bearings again though.

Merry Christmas @Conor
Justice for non book readers.

I thought season 2 was very good, really enjoyed it. My only issue would be that there is sometimes a noticeable difference between episodes when it comes to dialogue, sometimes stuff can be a bit clunky, but I thought the same thing with season 1. Some more boobs would have been nice also.

Sylar

Season 2 was great. It was a bit difficult reading the other thread with the number of spoiler tags and book related stuff (with people complaining about comparisons)

As a non book reader, season 2 was so much fun.

I especially loved the last four or so episodes and the relationship with Ciri and Geralt

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Justice for non book readers.

I thought season 2 was very good, really enjoyed it. My only issue would be that there is sometimes a noticeable difference between episodes when it comes to dialogue, sometimes stuff can be a bit clunky, but I thought the same thing with season 1. Some more boobs would have been nice also.
I agree about the dialogue. Especially when Jaskier was involved.