Television The X-Files

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Just re-watched the 1st episode of this again for the first time in nearly donkeys years.

Still holds up. I remember why I had such a crush on Scully.

What do people think of this show?

Lance Uppercut

I really like it. I own most of the box sets. Right up until it went full retard.

Widnes

One of the best shows ever, one of the reasons I first got into Fringe was that it reminded me of the x-files, I don't think it will ever quite live upto it though

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Great show. I never really got into it until the fairly late Mulder seasons, but once I did it was a must-watch every week. And later on I watched most of the early episodes when they replayed them.

Wow. Just did a quick wiki and I never realised how young Gillian Anderson was. She was only 24 in the first season. For some reason (how strong and independent the character was I guess) I always pictured her being early 30's at the beginning and pushing 40 by the end.

RedMist99

I only started watching the X Files about 5 years ago and only got up to season 3.

Thought it was fantastic. Season 1 had some great episodes

Waltraute

She-Devil
I used to love it.

I've never rewatched any episode though, partially because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed now, and prefer to have the good memories. Like Lance I hated the last seasons, and stopped watching before they put it out of its misery.

Lance Uppercut

I used to love it.

I've never rewatched any episode though, partially because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed now, and prefer to have the good memories. Like Lance I hated the last seasons, and stopped watching before they put it out of its misery.
It actually holds up rather well. I love the atmosphere of the series (before they relocated to California, anyway). The scenery and weather of British Columbia was a great backdrop.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I love it, one of my favourite shows. I have the collector's edition box set of each season up until the seventh.

I watch it a lot, takes me ages to decide what episodes to watch though.

cj_sparky

I have the box sets, superb series. Have a spell when I watch a disc a night and go through the lot.

Lance Uppercut

I love it, one of my favourite shows. I have the collector's edition box set of each season up until the seventh.

I watch it a lot, takes me ages to decide what episodes to watch though.
'Home.' Always 'Home.'

It only aired on FOX once. Rupert Murdoch personally issued word that it was never to be shown again.

prateik

Great show..
I hadnt seen any of it till recently. Caught a few bits when on Tv in the 90s, but dont think I ever saw an episode.
Got the entire series and watched it last year.. Well, not the whole series. Stopped after Season 7. Saw bits of S08, couldnt take it anymore.

Saw that much in around 2-3 months.

X-Files overload.
Will probably finish it now.

prateik

I keep reading Home was the most disturbing/scary episode.
It wasnt pleasant viewing, but I wasnt that scared.
The first time I was scared watching the show was when I saw the flukeman for the first time. Late at night, lights off, headphones on..

Lance Uppercut

Two of my favourite episodes are 'Pusher' and "Squeeze", and the subsequent follow ups.

Waltraute

She-Devil
It actually holds up rather well. I love the atmosphere of the series (before they relocated to California, anyway). The scenery and weather of British Columbia was a great backdrop.
Reading this thread I'm so tempted to rewatch the first seasons. I've always wanted a box set, but given my reluctance to actually watch it, I've decided it would be silly.

Hearing that so many Caftards still love it, I think I'll give in to temptation.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I'll have to hook up my other DVD player so I can watch it again since my season 4 boxset is region 1 :(

I like the funny episodes a lot. Bad Blood, Small Potatoes, Humbug, Jose Chung's From Outer Space etc.

Ixion

I was a fan of the first couple of seasons. The Tooms episodes were my favourite

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
This thread's prompted me to do a Google image search of Gillian Anderson....she's aged well. Very well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I have the episodes with Giovanni Ribisi in my mind as good ones, as well as Tooms, they were great.

Cigarette smoking man might just be one of the best characters in a tv series ever.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Loved it. Always prefered the one off episodes rather than the main story line.

Does anyone remember the Cops style episode with a werewolf on the loose?

Scrumpet

There are no words
I remember secretly staying up to watch it a few times, when I was about 6 I'd imagine. There was one episode that traumatised me for a few weeks. It was about people's heads exploding when they were riding in the back of a car IIRC.

Cali Red

thats because it reveals too much about the average Republican voter here in the States ;)
Oh RD, there's truly no hope for you is there. ;)

X-Files is excellent tv. This thread will have me search Directv and record it again. Been a long time and there's nothing but shit reality on any more. The smoking man epi's are awesome.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Oh RD, there's truly no hope for you is there. ;)

X-Files is excellent tv. This thread will have me search Directv and record it again. Been a long time and there's nothing but shit reality on any more. The smoking man epi's are awesome.

:lol:

love the X files CR.

just no equal.

The season DVDs are pretty affordable too...

:D
just might order them

have to figure out how to sneak them in without my wife finding out.

Zen

Tooms marrying a 16 year old or whatever in real life just makes him 10x more creepy.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I liked the episode where it appeared that a schoolkid was able to move things with his mind (think he flung a table at a teacher). Mulder eventually sussed him, though, and found that he could just move reeeeeeally fast.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I just saw the first episode very recently as well whilst channel surfing on the 10 channels I have. Lucky break to catch something this good. Loved it when I was younger. Missed a lot of episode though. Would want to watch it all from start to finish.

MarylandMUFan

Amazing timing. I just started watching the 1st season last month and am up to episode 15. Been a long time since I have seen them.

What's cool is seeing how many people that were bit part actors that are now somewhat famous like Felicity Huffman.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
So I got myself the 1st season. Just watched the 2nd episode. Now that's an episode that makes you want to watch more. Absolutely drenched in mystery.

Seth Green played a young stoner in it

edit: Just watch Squeeze (episode 3 for those wondering). Now, is there a better actor typecast in those kind of roles than Doug Hutchison? If you have a crazy person in your script you should hire this guy. Seen him now in this and The Green Mile and The Punisher: War Zone.

Oh, ok. This guy is perhaps just playing himself. According to his wiki he married a 16 year old a year ago. So he's creepy in real life as well.
Well, after googling her name I don't half blame him. Put in Courtney and her name will come up first. Even before Ms. Cox.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
What's the episode where Mulder and Scully come across some Amish type community, and near the end of the episode they end up in some kind of cave?

I'm assuming they aren't actually Amish people because when I Google it I just get the episode Gender Bender and that isn't the one I'm thinking of.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is Gender Bender, didn't recognize it from the clip I saw.