There is absolutely no justification in calling for Mourinho's head

Status
Not open for further replies.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm not Jose's biggest fan by any stretch but it really is staggering to see this thread getting so many replies. Usually the team has to be doing badly before people want rid of the manager.
That has always been the problem with Jose I guess.

What do fans want/expect? Potential for success is pretty good although I have my reservations about his methods after the last few jobs but the football will never be amazing consistently and against the big teams the approach will always feel absolutely wrong even if it bears fruit.

Fully Fledged

I'm not Jose's biggest fan by any stretch but it really is staggering to see this thread getting so many replies. Usually the team has to be doing badly before people want rid of the manager.
Who on here has said they want to get rid of the manager. Most people who have commented have said that they don't want to get rid of him but.... People haven't even moaned about the results. It's the style of play that people have commented on especially in the bigger games against Liverpool, Spurs(where we scored from a long ball) and Chelsea.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
People can moan all they want. The facts will not change:

- Jose is one of the best managers in world football.
-He is United's manager at the moment.
-The team has made significant progress since he took over.
- We are currently fighting for the title.
- We are currently topping our CL table

Nobody is a soothsayer. Maybe he'll eventually flop as our manager. Maybe he will succeed. No one really knows. What is important is to support the club and in doing so, we should support the manager and players while they are here. This for me, is 'the United Way'. If Jose leaves tomorrow morning, he would do so leaving us with what looks like a very strong spine for a few years to come. We should be very happy for this.

The game against Newcastle shows clearly that the manager seems to tweak his tactics based on the type and quality of personnel available to him, the circumstances of the game in view and the opponents being faced. One can point to many differences with SAF but this is a trait they share. Sir Alex was a master of tweaking his team's tactics to fit the occasion. That's one of the reasons he was and is still my favourite manager.

People need to cut Jose some slack. Let him serve his term. His results will provide enough data to properly judge his legacy as a United manager. For now, I think he's doing a great job and if given some more time, he will build a very strong squad for us.
Well written my friend. The guy won us the Europa League and League Cup last year. He’s been a dream in my eyes.

The game at Newcastle confirmed it for me. Hes brought back out fear factor and we are hard to beat at home. He’s worked wonders compared to the others.

sugar_kane

We've scored 27 goals so far this season vs. 49 in Van Gaal's entire last season.

We're making progress, it's sadly just during a season when everything has clicked at once for Man City.

If Mourinho can keep up the positive football for most of our games now Pogba is back I'll forgive him parking the bus in big away games now and then.

AshRK

most definitely WAS not IS

Until he gets bored with us in 18 months time and we have to change again completely

It could hardly get any worse after LVG , my Gran could have made "progress"

Sad Denial

...we'll get through and then get found out big time by someone who can actually play
It seem you wanted people to reply to your argument. Ok let me see
1. Jose is one of the best managers. This is the same jose that won the league with chelsea less than 3 years ago. He took over a sleeping giant and is slowly bringing them back up. If he is not one of the best manager, then who is pochettino? Heck no. Klopp? LOL, Wenger? I pass.

2. But he is still our manager, even if he gets bored eventually. He still remains our manager right now. One added suggestions, stop believing in papers.

3. So your gran would have improved the side. With all love to your granny , was she a manager. Because if she was not then heck no, she would not have improved us. Another added suggestion, stop playing fifa manager too much.

4. Yes we are fighting for the title right now. You know why? Because we are 2nd and closest to city. I know city have made everyone mentally unstable but the season is still not over. Atleast not in November.

4. But we still are top of the table and will finish the group toppers. And who know we may prove you wrong and knock out a top side. Remember it's a two legged affair and jose is a master of that. So no point making early conclusion.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yes , but sometimes they do show what they are capable of and it's not as if we don't have players that can express themselves. In any case , bravery isn't always about innate skill or talent , it's a mindset. The mindset of a team is always ultimately the managers responsibility. He has to encourage it and develop it into his team. Players will only be brave if they follow it from and sense it from their manager. Otherwise what is he there for? Watching how a team responds to adversity , set backs etc and also how brave they are will always give you a clue as to the mindset of the manager.
I agree although its odd that you're anti-Mourinho since he is notorious for galvaning his players into a win at all costs siege mentality.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We've scored 27 goals so far this season vs. 49 in Van Gaal's entire last season.

We're making progress, it's sadly just during a season when everything has clicked at once for Man City.

If Mourinho can keep up the positive football for most of our games now Pogba is back I'll forgive him parking the bus in big away games now and then.
We'd probably have about 35 or so by now if Pogba and Zlatan were available all year.

deafepl

most definitely WAS not IS

Until he gets bored with us in 18 months time and we have to change again completely

It could hardly get any worse after LVG , my Gran could have made "progress"

Sad Denial

...we'll get through and then get found out big time by someone who can actually play
So much negativity in this :houllier::houllier:

RedDevil@84

Jose is one of the best managers. This is the same jose that won the league with chelsea less than 3 years ago. He took over a sleeping giant and is slowly bringing them back up. If he is not one of the best manager, then who is pochettino? Heck no. Klopp? LOL, Wenger? I pass.
I am sure he is talking about St Pep who has won so many trophies in the country already.

dove

People quickly forget how bad we were just over a year ago. We have improved a lot since Jose took over and played without our best CM for most part of this season. It's not perfect but we made a huge progress and he had a huge task to undo 3 years before him...

Sing you a song

It seem you wanted people to reply to your argument. Ok let me see
1. Jose is one of the best managers. This is the same jose that won the league with chelsea less than 3 years ago. He took over a sleeping giant and is slowly bringing them back up. If he is not one of the best manager, then who is pochettino? Heck no. Klopp? LOL, Wenger? I pass.

2. But he is still our manager, even if he gets bored eventually. He still remains our manager right now. One added suggestions, stop believing in papers.

3. So your gran would have improved the side. With all love to your granny , was she a manager. Because if she was not then heck no, she would not have improved us. Another added suggestion, stop playing fifa manager too much.

4. Yes we are fighting for the title right now. You know why? Because we are 2nd and closest to city. I know city have made everyone mentally unstable but the season is still not over. Atleast not in November.

4. But we still are top of the table and will finish the group toppers. And who know we may prove you wrong and knock out a top side. Remember it's a two legged affair and jose is a master of that. So no point making early conclusion.
Totally agree mate well said .
For what it's worth I think we may surprise everyone in the Champs lge as we have a first team that is equal to any other on a man to man basis we know how to defend well which is crucial to champs lge we have one of the best midfielders in the world , the best keeper in the world and for the 1st time in years a choice of 4 very good forwards who will cause problems for any defence , keep pogba and Zlatan fit and anything is possible

AshRK

Totally agree mate well said .
For what it's worth I think we may surprise everyone in the Champs lge as we have a first team that is equal to any other on a man to man basis we know how to defend well which is crucial to champs lge we have one of the best midfielders in the world , the best keeper in the world and for the 1st time in years a choice of 4 very good forwards who will cause problems for any defence , keep pogba and Zlatan fit and anything is possible
We can surprise many and honestly some here underestimate us. If we have all our players fit then surely jose can usher his tactical magic.

GM K

Well written my friend. The guy won us the Europa League and League Cup last year. He’s been a dream in my eyes.

The game at Newcastle confirmed it for me. Hes brought back out fear factor and we are hard to beat at home. He’s worked wonders compared to the others.
Thanks mate.

A lot of people seem to be missing the significance of the highlighted part of your post.

We've gone 38 games unbeaten at Old Trafford! If this does not indicate a gradual return to being a force, then almost nothing else will.

desmondisback

Call me a voice in the wilderness if you like but I'm not convinced at all. The reason is that although he's improved things from LVG and Moyes - to be honest they were pretty dire to begin with. Given our resources we are about where we should be anyway. I'm also waiting for a proper big result this season against someone good (Spurs for me didn't count because they were without Kane and not playing well).

In terms of being a "force to be reckoned with" and "fear factor" I'm thinking long term about the way we play in the future and there are certain games this season where I feel we have seen the veneer scraped back and we've looked pretty darn flaky when we are properly tested - Chelsea being a good example.

I'm just not buying the hype and I'm looking to the Arsenal game as litmus paper test just to see any evidence Mourinho still has his "tactical magic". If I see the same thing again as we saw at Liverpool and Chelsea then I will justified in questioning the whole Mourinho project. I don't want to see us shuffling around side to side in our own penalty area , sitting back and looking fearful or Arsenal too afraid to actually play some football.

Reactions: Rood

shaky

Call me a voice in the wilderness if you like but I'm not convinced at all. The reason is that although he's improved things from LVG and Moyes - to be honest they were pretty dire to begin with. Given our resources we are about where we should be anyway. I'm also waiting for a proper big result this season against someone good (Spurs for me didn't count because they were without Kane and not playing well).

In terms of being a "force to be reckoned with" and "fear factor" I'm thinking long term about the way we play in the future and there are certain games this season where I feel we have seen the veneer scraped back and we've looked pretty darn flaky when we are properly tested - Chelsea being a good example.

I'm just not buying the hype and I'm looking to the Arsenal game as litmus paper test just to see any evidence Mourinho still has his "tactical magic". If I see the same thing again as we saw at Liverpool and Chelsea then I will justified in questioning the whole Mourinho project. I don't want to see us shuffling around side to side in our own penalty area , sitting back and looking fearful or Arsenal too afraid to actually play some football.
So you're not counting a win against Spurs as a big result because they were missing their star player, yet are happy to feel justified in questioning the whole Mourinho project based on a couple of results when we were missing our star player?

prtk0811

I'm also waiting for a proper big result this season against someone good (Spurs for me didn't count because they were without Kane and not playing well).
So spurs should not count because they missed kane and were not playing well with all their players, But we should draw our conclusions from liverpool and chelsea game but count them without having pogba fellani and carrick in the middle or bailly too in the defense?

What about spurs last season or chelsea at home where they failed to register a single shot on target?

desmondisback

So spurs should not count because they missed kane and were not playing well with all their players, But we should draw our conclusions from liverpool and chelsea game but count them without having pogba fellani and carrick in the middle or bailly too in the defense?

What about spurs last season or chelsea at home where they failed to register a single shot on target?

What I'm saying is that Spurs haven't been playing well and they suffer badly without Kane. Yes we have suffered without Pogba , but the Spurs game wasn't a masterclass that got me all excited. If anything Spurs could easily have taken it 1-0 if Dele Ali had taken his chance. Our goal came from a long punt , a defensive error and a scuffed shot. Hardly "tactical magic".

Treble

"Hard to beat at home" is a nothing achievement for a top club. United lost only 1 home game last season yet we were 7th in the league home form wise - just 1 point above Burnley.

"Hard to get any points at Old Trafford" is what can make a real difference in this league. And this is what is happening this season. That's completely different from the "hard to beat at home" cliche though.

Treble

What I'm saying is that Spurs haven't been playing well and they suffer badly without Kane. Yes we have suffered without Pogba , but the Spurs game wasn't a masterclass that got me all excited. If anything Spurs could easily have taken it 1-0 if Dele Ali had taken his chance. Our goal came from a long punt , a defensive error and a scuffed shot. Hardly "tactical magic".
I see where you are coming from. But let us see how the team will fare against Arsenal and City with Pogba and the other players returning from an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.