Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Almost 100% sure we won’t sign him but the echo is a garbage paper. Once the Liverpool in the loop journalists like Joyce Reddy etc denounce it that’ll be final.
Yeah I agree. Garbage paper without a clue on Liverpool and what’s going on at the club.

flappyjay

So we’ve a fully fit Pogba for a few games and results are going well so a few people think we don’t need him :nono:
No we need a 24-27 year old version of him who is also not injury prone. The alternative options may not be good as him but they will be fitter and cheaper in terms of wages.

AFC NimbleThumb

I rate Thiago highly but never knew he was 29; at the rumoured €30mil I could see him being a savvy signing though he may also be a bust if he doesn’t settle immediately. His game should age well though.

Josh 76

I rate Thiago highly but never knew he was 29; at the rumoured €30mil I could see him being a savvy signing though he may also be a bust if he doesn’t settle immediately. His game should age well though.
He will want at least a 4 year contract at 250k a week.
With his age and injury record, can't see Liverpool going for this.
Maybe City with Peps Bayen connections.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If He stayed at Barca, I'm sure He would have been one of their top players.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Will be a massive loss for Bayern. I don't understand why we wouldn't keep him for another year if the transfer fee is really that low.
We don't even know what our asking price would be. And so far, there haven't been any offers yet. He has to come up with a buyer willing to meet his demands and that of our club, and in the current environment, that's not easy..
Who could that be? Liverpool? Are they willing to pay him 200k+, and offer us a decent fee? They've already considered Werner as too expensive, and Thiago's re-sale value would be minimal, due to his age. It's interesting Rummenigge mentioned Liverpool by name, while stressing there's never been any contact. Guess we'll know soon whether there is any substance to it.
Who else? City? Depends on the upcoming CAS ruling. If their CL ban is upheld, no chance. Real doesn't need him, PSG have Verratti doing the exact same thing, Barca is busy doing weird accounting acrobatics. Maybe he could beome a part of Juventus' midfield roulette, but we're not into strange player swap deals.
At this point, I'd still bet my money on him signing the extension after all. But, the transfer window being open until October, this could drag on for a while.

Red00012

No we need a 24-27 year old version of him who is also not injury prone. The alternative options may not be good as him but they will be fitter and cheaper in terms of wages.
I’d be taking him if fee is low. We lack options big time. There’s no guarantee there’s a budget there for a lot of players . If we got Sancho , Thiago and a back up striker I’d be happy.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
We don't even know what our asking price would be. And so far, there haven't been any offers yet. He has to come up with a buyer willing to meet his demands and that of our club, and in the current environment, that's not easy..
Who could that be? Liverpool? Are they willing to pay him 200k+, and offer us a decent fee? They've already considered Werner as too expensive, and Thiago's re-sale value would be minimal, due to his age. It's interesting Rummenigge mentioned Liverpool by name, while stressing there's never been any contact. Guess we'll know soon whether there is any substance to it.
Who else? City? Depends on the upcoming CAS ruling. If their CL ban is upheld, no chance. Real doesn't need him, PSG have Verratti doing the exact same thing, Barca is busy doing weird accounting acrobatics. Maybe he could beome a part of Juventus' midfield roulette, but we're not into strange player swap deals.
At this point, I'd still bet my money on him signing the extension after all. But, the transfer window being open until October, this could drag on for a while.
Why not Utd?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Juve should be all over this
Ehh. Arthur kind of does the same thing, no? To a lesser standard, of course. Thiago might be a little more penetrative with his passing, but I’m not sure. I always got the impression he was more aesthetically pleasing than a true line splitting playmaker.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Why not Utd?
He'd compete with Pogba & Bruno for their spots. If Pogba leaves, or if it's going to be SanchNo in the end, then I could see it as a possibility. He doesn't come cheap, so I can't see you going after him, unless something major happens

arnie_ni

Think he'd be a van Persie type signing.

Could be the one to tip us over the edge and win the league back

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't see us being him for him. He's not going anywhere he's not a guaranteed starter.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
If Pogba moves on he'd be a great replacement

Rolaholic

All for it if it keeps him away from the Scousers...

Could quite seemlessly and more effectively replace the likes of Andreas, Mata or Lingard and would likely cost less than half the fee Villa would want for Grealish

Would be quite appealing having our midfield become the real strength of the squad once again with all the creativity it would bring

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Even though we don’t exactly “need” him, I still think that signing him for a sum that’s been mention would make tons of sense; certainly more than Grealish, who has a lot less variety in terms of his game and would only compete with Bruno and Pogba (arguably our two best players).

Don’t forget that Thiago has a lot of experience even as a holding midfielder, although I don’t think that Thiago/Pogba/Bruno trio would work against top sides.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This guy is one of the most overrated CM's from the past decade. He's a good player but his reputation exceeds his quality. In fact, I'd say someone like Gundogan was a better player at his Dortmund peak.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Even though we don’t exactly “need” him, I still think that signing him for a sum that’s been mention would make tons of sense; certainly more than Grealish, who has a lot less variety in terms of his game and would only compete with Bruno and Pogba (arguably our two best players).

Don’t forget that Thiago has a lot of experience even as a holding midfielder, although I don’t think that Thiago/Pogba/Bruno trio would work against top sides.
Grealish player 6 last season didnt he?

izec

I don't see him here, neither of the 3 musketeers in our potential future midfield would want to be squad players.

Him, Pogba and Bruno is not working. Seriously. He is not a 6 like that. he can play with Matic, but not behind 2 offensive midfield players. At least not under normal circumstances.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The talent with this guy isn't a question but I'd be worried about his fitness. Fit now, fit last season but struggled before that in his career with a serious knee and various muscle injuries. Could have some great years left in him but the cynic in me also thinks that Bayern knows something that makes it worth it in the long run to sell with a year left.

RedDevilRoshi

Very good player but I just don’t know how he’s going to fit into our current midfield setup unless it’s to displace either Pogba or Bruno. Unless we are going to be completely changing it to a diamond.

Would of course make a fantastic squad player but will he want that? I doubt it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Could quite seemlessly and more effectively replace the likes of Andreas, Mata or Lingard and would likely cost less than half the fee Villa would want for Grealish

Would be quite appealing having our midfield become the real strength of the squad once again with all the creativity it would bring
I have still not recovered from nos vemos en Manchester.
You lot won't do this to me.

Infra-red

You would never be unhappy with signing a player of this quality, but I don't think that another #8 is anywhere near the top of our list of priorities.

David Silva replacement at City, would make some sense.

arnie_ni

How when we the players we have currently in the 8 and 10 position are better?
Because our issue is beating teams that sit in.

Thats in and around 20 games a season. If you want to win the league you need to win about 90 percent of those games imo.

A midfield 3 of him pogba and bruno would allow us to dominate and create chances against these sides.

Youd replace one of them with matic against the top 6/8.

Brophs

The One and Only

Bayern journo briefs interest from Utd while Bayern try to negotiate a fee with Utd’s rivals. Okay.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Our name has more than likely just been thrown into the ring to get Liverpool slightly concerned.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Our name has more than likely just been thrown into the ring to get Liverpool slightly concerned.
Probably this. Would hate to see him in a Liverpool shirt though - and our midfield would be solved for a solid 3-5 seasons with him coming into the fold. Even if fit half the season he has Matic/Fred/McTominay that would step in and rotate.

Thiago - Sancho - Grealish is possible given Thiago is cheap on fee, Grealish would be cheap if Villa get relegated and Sancho would be that "blockbuster" signing we pursue.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Thiago, Pogba, Bruno would never ever work against any not-completely-shit opposition. Great player, wrong fit for us.

Renegade

Because our issue is beating teams that sit in.

Thats in and around 20 games a season. If you want to win the league you need to win about 90 percent of those games imo.

A midfield 3 of him pogba and bruno would allow us to dominate and create chances against these sides.

Youd replace one of them with matic against the top 6/8.
You reckon if Klopp gets Thiago it would be Fabinho that would be making way from their side?
We don’t need Thiago to break teams down his skill set and job role is completely different to Matic’s. Thiago works hard but wouldn’t be able to provide the base Matic does that has been allowing Pogba and Bruno to dominate.
Thiago is stronger as a 8 than he is as a 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.