Thiago Motta - Genoa manager

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
He’s been in charge for 3 matches now? He seems to have imprinted his ideas on this Genoa team

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They lost the match 1-3 with 65% possession and less shot&chances than the opponent (Udinese) who before the match had scored 5 goals in 10 matches. The possession part but not scoring goals reminds me of LVG.

Nice goal though.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's imprinted how to lose? Impressive.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
People on here are being too harsh, IMO.

He's trying to play some positive football, because either way Genoa will be fighting to avoid relegation as usual. Last season they just got avoided relegation due to GD.

Their squad is very poor and they are facing some financial issues. If it wasn't for Kounaté, Pinamonti and Romero to some extent, they would probably be at table's bottom.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good for Motta, I like those quotes and what he's trying to do even with a limited team like Genoa. However it's our privilege to admire the situation from afar, I doubt many Genoese will be turning cartwheels over slick passing in midfield when they're losing matches.

Grande

People on here are being too harsh, IMO.

He's trying to play some positive football, because either way Genoa will be fighting to avoid relegation as usual. Last season they just got avoided relegation due to GD.

Their squad is very poor and they are facing some financial issues. If it wasn't for Kounaté, Pinamonti and Romero to some extent, they would probably be at table's bottom.
There are always some financial issues in Genoa. ;) It’s exciting with Motta’s ideas, as Genoa hasn’t had such an ambitious coach since Gasperini. It’s a double edged sword though, cause if you don’t have the players with that relative level of technique, it can be a hard fall trying to play as if you had.

Beautiful goal though, and beauty is always needed, and appreciated, in Genoa is my impression.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
There are always some financial issues in Genoa. ;) It’s exciting with Motta’s ideas, as Genoa hasn’t had such an ambitious coach since Gasperini. It’s a double edged sword though, cause if you don’t have the players with that relative level of technique, it can be a hard fall trying to play as if you had.

Beautiful goal though, and beauty is always needed, and appreciated, in Genoa is my impression.
Replace Genoa with almost any italian/spanish/portuguese city name and you won't get it much wrong :D

I don't think it can become a very hard fail, though. They are going to be in the battle to avoid demotion until the last games of the season either they play defensive or attacking. And it's a good thing that Genovese appreciate good football at least.

Next game will be almost impossible (Napoli away), but then they have a more accessible run of games until the Inter match. But I do think if they stand on demotion zone after the Inter match, Motta won't secure his place for sure.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Good for Motta, I like those quotes and what he's trying to do even with a limited team like Genoa. However it's our privilege to admire the situation from afar, I doubt many Genoese will be turning cartwheels over slick passing in midfield when they're losing matches.
It's been only 3 matches.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, and I doubt they're turning cartwheels at the moment. If their situation improves in the next few matches maybe the acrobatics will start, and I hope it does.
Yeah, true. I suppose these days managers don't have the luxury of a bed-in period anyway.