Thiago Silva | Fluminense Player

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Farewell my king.

Pughnichi

Is it widely accepted that their better players come across to Europe to earn their money and then go back to wind a career down.

of course it happens a lot and perhaps their fans are used to it

If it was reversed I think I’d be a bit pissed that Mainoo (for example) leaves for 15 years before coming back to see out his retirement…with battle scars and injuries.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Is it widely accepted that their better players come across to Europe to earn their money and then go back to wind a career down.

If it was reversed I think I’d be a bit pissed that Mainoo (for example) leaves for 15 years before coming back to see out his retirement…with battle scars and injuries.
How did you react when Ronaldo returned?

Pughnichi

How did you react when Ronaldo returned?
Close. But not quite. He left sporting for a significant fee and wasn’t quite one of our own.

I was initially excited, if not somewhat cautious given the negativity coming from some juve team mates

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

You'd begrudge someone playing at the highest level and earning ten times what you can pay them?

Trezeguet17

On top of having all the talent he came to Italy as a young player and learned from Maldini and Nesta at Milan. Having them as captains and mentors shaped him for sure as he is a bit of an untypical player for a brazilian. He passed that on to Marquinhos who reminds me a lot of him and is also a calm level headed captain like him.

Top 10 CB of all time.