Things in football that make you cringe...

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Football fans who 'love' a player or manager. Grow up already.
All the hugging. Endless hugging. Managers hugging players, players hugging opponents, managers hugging other managers. Stop that. You are mates, I get it, I don’t hug my mates. Neither do most people.
Are you guys always this miserable or is it just because you lost to Huddersfield?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Jesse lingard, YOU ARE 24!!! Grow the feck up, he's got the mentality of a 13 year old ffs.

Anything to do with David Moyes.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Players 'dedicating' their goal to someone. Besides it sounding childish and sentimental, what kind of practical consequences does it even have? Might as well dedicate a throw-in.
By this logic why do anything to commemorate a dead person? They're dead after all.

I thought Iniesta dedicating using his World Cup winning goal to commemorate Dani Jarque was a really great thing to do.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
I can understand people being annoyed by the sound of the vuvuzela but how exactly is South Africans celebrating something that's a huge part of their footballing culture "cringeworthy"?

SirAF

Ageist
It's more laziness on my part tbh. Can you imagine being on Rawk and having to type out Liverpool Football Club every time.
Yeah, agree about that. Although you could just say «They» :p

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Comments from fans on a footballer's non-football related social media post, specifically the ones telling the player to "focus on the game" and the like. I agree, too. Put your baby daughter down, get you and your family out of that restaurant, get yourself home and just repeat the word "football" in the dark until matchday.

Or the general comments from fans telling the player what to improve on, and how. I'd love to see players respond to those.

Just fans. Football fans are weird.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Fans who like absolutely everything and everyone who has anything to do with their club. Not every player of your club is a nice bloke. Most of them are idiots. Get over it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
«We» - are you employed by the club? I’m guilty of this myself occasionally, but try to cut it out :lol:
I do it when talking about Barcelona but rarely with the Aussie national team which is weird. I don't do it when talking about rugby or cricket teams i support though.

Edea

Liverpool Fans: This is our year!
Milan Fans: Milan is back!

automaticflare

Football in general has just become a cringe fest for the last 10 years.

It's fecking shite full of absolute morons from top to bottom

American owners who don't care about local fan base and introducing things like songs for goals

Cringe managers like Klopp and mourinho who everyone hates except their own supporters. I have no doubt they are absolute arseholes

Ronaldo is a knob head on and off the pitch despite him being a great player

Players diving and social media flash culture. No relationship with the fans

Fans are absolute arseholes more interested in selfies with players than the result. No real passion

Young kids coming through no passion or connection with their local clubs has become like NFL

Snap reactions by fans after losing one game. We did lose under fergie folks. Ffs

Sky sports soccer am culture

Sky sports in general best league in the world my bollox

Football is shit now that makes me sad

Last edited:

RoyH1

Diving and play acting.

Preplanned celebrations

Barcelona's "Mes que un Club" crap.

ManUtd1999

In this order:

Seeing Messi scoring
Reading that Messi has scored
Seeing Barcelona scoring
Reading that Barcelona has scored

(And I used like the Barcelonas of Romario, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho)...

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Griezmann’s ‘call me’ celebration.

Ronaldo’s ‘Tsuuuuuu’ celebration.

Fans sticking two fingers up and shouting ‘feck off you cnut’ at any opposition player for no reason whatsoever (this happens a lot at Stoke).

Dabbing. Paul Pogba after the EL final was too cringeworthy to watch.

Martin(6)Buchan

Gary Neville screaming like a bitch on commentary when Torres scored in the champions league.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Doing that heart shapes thing with your hands after scoring.

Cristiano Ronaldo scoring

The dumb song that plays after fulltime at Camp Nou even when they lose

Ajax players

Minkaro

When a player goes to take a corner or throw-in, and you see the gremlins in the crowd hurling abuse.

Goal music.

When Ray Wilkins has an opinion.

When a commentator gets a players name wrong repeatedly. E.g. Gary Neville and Rosicky.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Everything about the modern game is cringe material.

Can barely watch it anymore. Last few years spent trying to avoid the death by over analysis from every station.

Every second ex player is a pundit.

Cheating poncey players. Diving. Feigning injury. The look at me haircuts.

Fans. Fans with children hitting players.

Boredom. Endless boredom watching United.

Transfer fees and exorbitant salaries.

David Luiz. He gets money for playing football.

Parry Gallister

The players, supporters and media. Apart from Roy Keane of course. He wouldn't have let it got like it is in his day.

Razvan

Fans wearing nostalgia goggles who say that every single thing about football was much better 10/20/30 years ago.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Journalists who talk nonsense every day but still get paid a fortune to watch football and talk about it.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I can understand people being annoyed by the sound of the vuvuzela but how exactly is South Africans celebrating something that's a huge part of their footballing culture "cringeworthy"?
Because they are "celebrating" a very stupid, shitty thing.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
All the stuff that happens in between the beginning of the warm up and right up to before the kick-off. Don't care who won the "Don't Get AIDS" charity draw, don't care about the 4 visiting fans from Peru or whatever, zero interest in hearing both managers being asked "So, do you hope to win then?" and saying "Yeah", don't want to see more than one mascot, now we have 50 kids all coming out holding hands, wearing the opposite strips, don't want to hear national anthems, literally zero interest in the increasing dick measuring contest among British clubs to see who can love "the troops" the most, don't care that it's Margaret's 100th birthday, why do club teams need to shake hands before matches now? Just warm up, feck off, then come back out, play the fecking match, then feck off again.

Also, don't want to listen to post match interviews. "Set our stall out, made it difficult, all credit to them, tough place to come, the boys done well, ref's a throbber, the GAFFA gave us confidence, we'll kick on now, points on the board" etc. Why do people want to hear what a knackered player has to say about a match when they've not even showered yet?

Club songs make me cringe, in all seriousness. Even the ones I like, it's the kind of music you couldn't possibly like anywhere outside a 1960s nightclub in any other circumstances.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Lovren and mignolet still in the starting line-up after four years.

Hojoon

Fans being 'embarrassed' or 'depressed' about how the club they support is doing. Get some perspective.