Television This Country (BBC)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Has anyone been watching 'This Country' on BBC. It's been showing after Match of the Day and you can get the episodes on iPlayer of course. A mockumentary about a fictional Cotswold village and two young inhabitants in particular. When I saw the first episode without knowing what it was about, I thought it was for real!

It's fecking hilarious! :lol: Never heard of the writers before (Daisy and Charlie Cooper) who play the main characters but they're on point. Brilliant stuff!

Nikhil

I've heard it's excellent. Quite a few people have recommended This Country to me, along with People Just Do Nothing. I'll get down to them soon.

I was watching The Inbetweeners on Netflix. What a fantastic show. Hilarious. The film as well.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I've heard it's excellent. Quite a few people have recommended This Country to me, along with People Just Do Nothing. I'll get down to them soon.

I was watching The Inbetweeners on Netflix. What a fantastic show. Hilarious. The film as well.
Wow, that's a serious bump of a thread! Daisy Cooper cleaned up at the TV awards a few weeks ago with the show too.

Yeah you gotta check it out.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It’s filmed just down the road from me. They are definitely not rich enough to live in a Cotswold village these days!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Once you’re done with this make sure you check out Mrs Brown’s Boys and Miranda.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Once you’re done with this make sure you check out Mrs Brown’s Boys and Miranda.
:lol:

I thought this was pretty good, though I've only watched the first season so far.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
"Let's make a mockumentary based on McKenzie Crook's character in The Office"

"Ok, but only if we both play Gareth"

"Agreed"

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The yanks are doing a version of this now. Weirdly has Sean William Scott as the reverend. The two leads are far more attractive than in the UK version.
They can just feck off. It would never work, just like their pathetic Inbetweeners effort. It would be like the Brits doing a ripoff of My Name Is Earl. Some things just don't migrate very well.

Classical Mechanic

They can just feck off. It would never work, just like their pathetic Inbetweeners effort. It would be like the Brits doing a ripoff of My Name Is Earl. Some things just don't migrate very well.
The Office worked in fairness. I think Shameless worked too but many don't work that's true.

Oggmonster

The Office worked in fairness. I think Shameless worked too but many don't work that's true.
I've not seen Shameless (US) but the Office was nothing really like the English onme after Series 1, it basically became a completely different show. The ones that do a carbon copy don't tend to work. I don't know enough about rural America to know if it lends itself well to This Country as it is pretty unique to that area. The Inbetweeners was one of the worst remakes I've ever seen but then the English one doesn't age very well for me and I don't find it as rewatchable as The Office, Alan Partridge, This Country etc.