Television This Is Us

Parma Dewol

Wikipedia | IMDB | Rotten Tomatoes

Anybody else watch this show?

I remember catching the very first episode a few years back and thought it was excellent. One of the better pilots I've seen and it has managed to maintain a solid standard since.

Must admit it can be extremely cheesy and contrived at times, yet it manages to do so in such a way to be heart-warming. Also happens to star Sterling K. Brown, who I think is a terrific presence on screen.

Was feeling down after we were knocked out of the FA Cup yesterday evening so decided to start Season 5 and it doesn't half help lift the mood.

Really enjoyed the first two episodes and had no idea they were incorporating real-world events such as Covid and Black Lives Matter. For me it added to the show's charm and made it more relatable.

Definitely one to watch with the other half - the missus absolutely adores it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I watch it, but I feel like it's more out of habit as it's pretty dull these days. Just feels like not much happens per episode (bar some exceptions obviously) and sometimes it takes absolutely ages to get through /resolve plot archs.

I do still get some enjoyment from the characters and it does have strong moments, just not as strong as it was in season 1/2.

At least it dropped that army women PTSD story... She was dreadful.

Parma Dewol

Evidently not many folk watch this. :nervous:

Nonetheless, we finished season five at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to season six, which apparently is going to be the last one.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I am in season 2 and like it so far. Seems to not be getting better if i go by the comments. Granted, it‘s only a handful

Charlie Foley

Evidently not many folk watch this. :nervous:

Nonetheless, we finished season five at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to season six, which apparently is going to be the last one.
My girlfriend is a big fan of this. Though I think she preferred the earlier seasons.

Parma Dewol

My girlfriend is a big fan of this. Though I think she preferred the earlier seasons.
My missus adores it. I usually prefer the more sinister shows, but really managed to get into This Is Us from the very first episode, which was superb. Really like some of the characters, too, especially Randal and Beth.

Jericholyte2

I love the show! I especially love the doctor who gave the, ‘life giving the most bitter of lemons’ speech! I keep randomly replaying that scene. I also love Randal’s arc and Sterling K. Brown is incredible.

wr8_utd

:'(
Not usually the kind of show I enjoy but this has been quality through the seasons even though it does feel like they overdo the flashbacks at points. The cliffhanger at the end of this season was a bit annoying and unnecessary.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Anyone still watching? I think this last season has been largely excellent... And that last 'Miguel' episode was a real high point.

wr8_utd

:'(
Anyone still watching? I think this last season has been largely excellent... And that last 'Miguel' episode was a real high point.
Yup I watch it weekly and it's probably a good thing it is ending soon. The Miguel episode was nice but I think the two episodes about Kevin and finding out the new woman in his life were just unnecessary. I quite liked the Toby and Kate episode along with the Miguel one actually. All that being said, the show feels like its run out of ideas and there's only that many flashbacks you can do so it's probably a good thing it is finally ending.