This team is mentally and emotionally damaged. MUFC have PTSD

Born2Lose

I'd say Ten Hag looks as mentally damaged as any of the players. Looks completely lost at times.

gaffs

This thread is going to get bumped three times a month at this rate.

This group of players have a soft underbelly. There is no "we refuse to lose" attitude.

croadyman

No, its a simple case of some players just not having the character to play for a "big" club - it's not a slight on them, very few do, and it's the clubs fault for not identifying their weaknesses.

Ben Foster was amazing at Watford on loan, he mentioned after his stint here the difference playing for United, he was terrible here because of the pressure and scrutiny.

I said before Ten Hag arrived that 95% of the squad needed to be replaced - the tactic of buying mentally strong players in Varane, Casemiro and Ronaldo backfired as they were all on the wane and had achieved everything, why would they want to carry players like Rashford who just hasn't got the character?

We seriously need to gut this squad, they're infecting all the new players we buy too, why languish between 4-8 when we should just take a hit and finish bottom half for a few seasons for a proper rebuild? Given enough time we're going to get relegated with this amount of dross anyway.
You need owners not leeches for this squad to be gutted,unfortunately ours only care about asset value and nothing else

Skills

Snitch
I think the amount of humiliations we suffered towards the end of Oles tenure has left a long term scar on the club. No other top level club let's their players or themselves go through, what we did with the number of humiliations we suffered.

The same happened with Rangnick - he tightened it up, but once city put 4 past us the PTSD hit in again.

ETH never resolved it at any point himself, and got thrashed regularly enough himself so that all of his new players got scarred with it too. I think it runs deeper than the players at this point.

I think the opposition can feel it. Liverpool fans can't wait to play us at Anfield in December - they're all so fecking excited at the thought of us turning up, it's sickening.

Betson

I think the amount of humiliations we suffered towards the end of Oles tenure has left a long term scar on the club. No other top level club let's their players or themselves go through, what we did with the number of humiliations we suffered.

The same happened with Rangnick - he tightened it up, but once city put 4 past us the PTSD hit in again.

ETH never resolved it at any point himself, and got thrashed regularly enough himself so that all of his new players got scarred with it too. I think it runs deeper than the players at this point.

I think the opposition can feel it. Liverpool fans can't wait to play us at Anfield in December - they're all so fecking excited at the thought of us turning up, it's sickening.
They are and it is sickening , especially as know that game could get very messy again for us with another hammering , they don't even have to play that well. Many of our players will just crumble again once the atmosphere heats up in the stadium.

gaffs

Another PTSD inducing event last night.

The fact we don't have the players or tactics to hold on to two x 2 goal leads is beyond me.

The players get scared. They see Onana chuck another one in and they think "he we go again".

OmarUnited4ever

I don't think these players are scarred by losses, humiliatione or huge mistakes, they are simply used to the "no consequences" of their feck ups that it does not scare them to mess up.

Onana at this point should be benched for his own good.

Herman Toothrot

I don't think these players are scarred by losses, humiliatione or huge mistakes, they are simply used to the "no consequences" of their feck ups that it does not scare them to mess up.

Onana at this point should be benched for his own good.
Garbage. This hard-man-players-are-soft bollocks is so utterly lazy.

OmarUnited4ever

We are playing a 415 formation with Scott McTominay in some sort of free false number ten role despite almost no ability to pass a ball.

It's terrible, terrible tactics.
The tactics are questionable, but again there is the rot that sat in where these players continue to play despite how they perform, that wouldn't be the case in top teams.

JeffFromHK

We need a real open heart surgery - sell 10+ senior squad members in one summer (including likes of Bruno, Rashford, Dalot, lindelof, Sancho, Martial, Maguire, McTominay, awb, Antony, Maguire, Onana) and bring in 10+ new players in one go.

to be honest, Garnacho, Hojlund, Mainoo, Shaw, Martinez are the only players in the squad I am happy to keep. We may also keep Casemiro (if he finds his legs again) for a couple years, and won't mind Pellestri, Amad to be back up players

RedRocket9908

The fact we don't have the players or tactics to hold on to two x 2 goal leads is beyond me.
We cant hold on to leads because our defence continously go missing and leave opposition players completely unmarked in our box like they did last night with the goal we conceeded.